Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: @Sirlancelol     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    No, your assuming we spam the rod, the raise 2 rods are there because there is no other option. The asklepios isnt that great, because the tank is healed in no time. THe R2 rod is there if a BLM gets smacked in the face. Its a free raise 2. What's better?
    Everyone with reraise 2 pins? lol

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    At work, so i didnt get to jump in on this immediatly, but i think the laughable thing is that some people have to rely on draw distance
    draw distance doesnt affect mob spawns, it makes the game look better, the PC users should have had this option from the start
    But they don't. Im all for windower plug-ins, but not everyone gets to utilize them. Can't load in some plug-ins on PS2. We don't bank on them to win fights, sorry if that makes us inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    No, your assuming we spam the rod, the raise 2 rods are there because there is no other option. The asklepios isnt that great, because the tank is healed in no time. THe R2 rod is there if a BLM gets smacked in the face. Its a free raise 2. What's better?
    I bet your WHMs wear other gear that's marginally better than something else for a given slot. That's what min/maxing, nay, all endgame gear is all about. Why all of a sudden is Asklepios not worth it?

I bet you have WHMs whose excuse for not wearing Nobles is because they'll pull too much hate from cures with too much potency. Or because "the tank is healed in no time".
    Oh god, no, im intelligent enough to wear clerics body full time and macro in an aristocrats for my cure spells. Why does it even matter if it gets the job done...the point of my initial post was just saying that /NIN isnt a bad idea in the BC, and its not. I think ive shown that. Nynja went off on this tyrant about our LS being zombie, which is fucking hilarious, so then im backed into a corner and defending my LS because we use /NIN is 1 BC, all because Nynja thinks he can judge us from the strat we use in 1 fight. You see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Everyone with reraise 2 pins? lol
    Doesn't he use a dispel AOE?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ok... reraise pins and spam 2x bar-blabla :P

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    ok... reraise pins and spam 2x bar-blabla
    That won't help you much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At work, so i didnt get to jump in on this immediatly, but i think the laughable thing is that some people have to rely on draw distance
    draw distance doesnt affect mob spawns, it makes the game look better, the PC users should have had this option from the start
    But they don't. Im all for windower plug-ins, but not everyone gets to utilize them. Can't load in some plug-ins on PS2. We don't bank on them to win fights, sorry if that makes us inferior.
    As he said, draw distance just makes the game look better, it doesn't offer any advantage whatsoever. It's certainly nothing to "bank on".

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitee
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinitee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarag
    http://files.filefront.com/warpnidhoggw ... einfo.html

really good video

pause/play at like 2:14 and pay very close attention
    my favorite part was the suspicious glowing globs moving around on the floor that seemed to be untargetable
    looked sortof like carby glow to me
    My favorite part was the lack of darters.
    your not very bright if you didnt notice the glowing globs moving around just like darters
    and if you ever see a BG SS right after claim, you wont see darters either, cause we kill them
    plds gotta get buffer too yo
    I didn't really pay attention to the glowing globs... are you saying they replaced the fly .DATs with glowing globs? Cause wouldn't that be less effective than removing them? And I'm pretty sure that they didn't kill darters before the window, unless they just recently decided to do it.
    when you remove the dats, ffxi crashes, it requires those dats to be in place, replacing them with an untargetable dat doesnt have that issue

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

the difference you have alotted to cure and not get hit by AoE is very small someone pointed out a bit ago, so i guess in that particular BC, draw distance helps a ton. I don't know, ive never used it. It wouldnt matter anyway, im running in constantly to barspell. And any of you who have faught this, don't tell me you've never had RR dispelled.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

it just means you have a not as pretty looking machine, I like my pretty, if you want pretty, get a PC, ps2 limitations ftl

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I play on PC, ive just never loaded it or used it. In this fight though, like i said, it wouldnt help me as much because i get close to the tank a lot. TP party and stuff was a fucking gift from god when it was released. Just never play with other plug ins besides like, font changes and shit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

YOURE DOING IT WRONG

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I like ninja sub for whm in that BC, but the person who really needs nin sub is the tank party bard.. They really take a beating ;/

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I totally had an answer to that ridill (Rocl editted his post)...IM SPELLING IT WRONG.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the difference you have alotted to cure and not get hit by AoE is very small someone pointed out a bit ago, so i guess in that particular BC, draw distance helps a ton. I don't know, ive never used it. It wouldnt matter anyway, im running in constantly to barspell. And any of you who have faught this, don't tell me you've never had RR dispelled.
    It is still not a plugin that has any bearing on your performance in those sorts of situations, whatsoever. It doesn't matter if you don't use draw distance, because guess what? Neither do I. It's been broken for a long time, as far as I know. You don't see anything any more clearly except the rendered landscape and background. It's not as if you see mobs more clearly, or further away than normal. It won't let you target further than normal. It does nothing to help you.

edit: Rocl edited his post

oh, oh, I know!

Stand out of range. Inch a little closer. Try casting.

If still out of range, repeat until in cure range.

Then hope tanks don't start trying to kite ;o

Rocl just earned a slice of the chocolate cake my gf baked.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Im going back to work, you guys have fun duking it out over the sub and making fun of my lolzombieLS

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Since I edited my post here's the riddle (not ridill lolz)

I've never had draw distance on my computer, ever.
    My game looks pretty crappy to be honest.
    Yet I know exactly where to stand and be in casting range, right down to the units.
    How is this possible?

tyche is trying to say the plug in that shows your distance from the mob, not the thing that makes shit look better

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Rocl just earned a slice of the chocolate cake my gf baked.
    FedEx it please 8)

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast