FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Upcoming Version Update (11/20/2006)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../1025/1025.jpg

The next version update is schedule for release in mid-December.
    In this update, you can look forward to the introduction of a large-scale battle system called "Salvage", access to new areas within the Ruins of Alza'daal, new chocobo raising features, job adjustments, and much, much more!

Further details regarding the content of the version update will be released at a later date.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Upcoming Version Update (11/20/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../1025/1025.jpg

The next version update is schedule for release in mid-December but will end up beeing scheduled end-December.
    In this update, you can look forward to the introduction of a large-scale battle system called "Salvage" which are sort of fun but the rewards will be crap or duplicates of already common drops like Behemoth Hide and Dragon Talon , access to new areas within the Ruins of Alza'daal for Quests that rewards you Imperial Bronze Pieces to make Turban more accessable, new chocobo raising features, minor job adjustments to weak jobs and big job adjustments to already strong jobs, and much, much more!

Further details regarding the content of the version update will be released at a later date.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Center area of the Ruins finally ?

Wondering what "Salvage" will be... Maybe something about stealing the other Candescences in some sort of inverted Besieged.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

In this update, you can look forward to the introduction of a large-scale battle system called "Salvage"
    Large Scale Battle system = dynamis-like area? Yaprz.

Remnants = Salvage zones!

Also, I wonder if more Assault-style, pay-to-flag quests will be introduced like with The Ashu Talif. We still have places like Hazhalm Testing Grounds and the entire Alzadaal region waiting to serve a purpose...

not to mention Talacca Cove..
    a Qiqirn NPC states he had seen shining treasures there

Hmm. Perhaps something to break people out of the endless cycle of Limbus/Dynamis/gods runs? Certainly would go with the usual S-E expansion tactics of "small stuff first, big stuff later".

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I predict still nothing for BLM! /hurray

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    No offense, but WTF does BLM need, as it's definitely not on the bottom rung? More reasons to merc BCNM's/KSNM's/DM?

I understand the death of the magic burst here, and I think it sucks- but I also see legions of BLM's still being leveled up and not just the garbage-named RMT hordes. ToAU just seems to be designed to give BLM's an inferiority complex.

(though giving MB's a stat-reducing effect based on elemental type would be beautiful- Light DEF down, Dark ATK down, other elements as per their elemental debuffs...the bigger the spell, the nastier the debuff so BLM's would rule the MB save for WHM's and Holy (holy crap, a reason for WHM MB?) )

PUP could use far more love than BLM does. As it is, S-E finally made the "better" job than Dragoon for making people flee screaming. I want a reason to actually have an Animator other than taking up a storage slot.

Salvage sounds interesting, hopefully its some new kind of aht urgan dynamis like instance with good reasonable rewards.

And id like to bold this Dont screw up the BST changes!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    No offence, but WTF does BLM need, as it's definitely not on the bottom rung? More reasons to merc BCNM's/KSNM's/DM?
    Yes, because the reason I levelled BLM was do I could spam BCNM/KSNM/lolDM?

I understand the death of the magic burst here, and I think it sucks- but I also see legions of BLM's still being levelled up and not just the garbage-named RMT hordes. ToAU just seems to be designed to give BLM's an inferiority complex.
    People level BLM because it's easy and it's fun. Doesn't mean it's actually "good" anymore. People literally laugh at the idea of putting BLMs on things like Kirin and most HNM now. That makes me sad. =(

(though giving MB's a stat-reducing effect based on elemental type would be beautiful- Light DEF down, Dark ATK down, other elements as per their elemental debuffs...the bigger the spell, the nastier the debuff so BLM's would rule the MB save for WHM's and Holy (holy crap, a reason for WHM MB?)
    Skillchains are broken, end of discussion. Making MB better wont do much to fix this fact.

PUP could use far more love than BLM does. As it is, S-E finally made the "better" job than Dragoon for making people flee screaming. I want a reason to actually have an Animator other than taking up a storage slot.
    Sure other jobs need buffing too. But I've actually not gotten ANYTHING for my BLM in at least a year. There has been a huge influx of new gear, and the vast majority of it has been for melee. Hence my pessimism and predictions of yet more nothing for BLM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

But I've actually not gotten ANYTHING for my BLM in at least a year.
    Because Ancients II suck so much.

Yes i know it's merited but it's still a hell of an addition.

It's hard to get so excited for such a vague description of the version update.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I predict Salvage = Relic for new jobs

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    I hope so. COR AF2 prz.

I understand the death of the magic burst here, and I think it sucks- but I also see legions of BLM's still being leveled up and not just the garbage-named RMT hordes. ToAU just seems to be designed to give BLM's an inferiority complex.

(though giving MB's a stat-reducing effect based on elemental type would be beautiful- Light DEF down, Dark ATK down, other elements as per their elemental debuffs...the bigger the spell, the nastier the debuff so BLM's would rule the MB save for WHM's and Holy (holy crap, a reason for WHM MB?) )
    I dare you to find me a, non-oldschool, ToAU-onry raised player that knows how to Skillchain properly, let alone one that knows how to work a Magic Burst.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I still use skillchains on gods (not kirin) and some HNM's...

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    In this update, you can look forward to the introduction of a large-scale battle system called "Salvage"
    Large Scale Battle system = dynamis-like area? Yaprz.
    If it's on the same timer as anything else I will gouge out somebodys eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I still use skillchains on gods (not kirin) and some HNM's...
    So do I, but over half the DDs in my LS are SAM, and most of the rest are THF. Makes it very easy to make elementally appropriate Renkei.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wow this time I really don't care about the update.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    If it is, lets hope it drops stuff for other jobs too. Otherwise people won't want to do it as much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast