Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can FFXI be saved?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

sefails

Can FFXI be saved?

First off, I am posting this relatively anonymously due to the nature of the content.

I've been reading the BG forums for some time now, and want to give props to the BG LS, and the various end game posters here. As an up and comer in the FFXI end game ranks over the past 16 months, this forum has been a breadth of knowledge I've relied on time and time again for the ins and outs of end game. For that, let me say thank you.

To establish some background, I am a leader of what would be considered by BG standards, a small time end game LS (don't camp HNM's at this point). Our shell is different from most, our membership is older (mostly mid twenties to mid thirties), we are focused on fairness and a fun, family type atmosphere. We have been successful with this model for 15-16 months and have enjoyed success without using any type of cheats/buying triggers etc. (at least to the leaderships knowledge). Hell we've even boycotted sky due to the 30-50 rmt camping it 24/7.

This is a conversation with a relatively new member after inquiring how they were funding the upgrade of their relic weapon (currently about half way or so). The question posed was how long it would take them to finish upgrading (excluding required drops) based on today's economy, with their 'mystery gil making method'. The response was a month maybe two. My response to that was "impossible based on todays economy without an exploit/buying gil/100 level craft (which they do not have):

(image edited to remove names of parties)

http://members.shaw.ca/killersinc/convo1.jpg

I'm fully aware of the botting/rmt issues plauging this game, but this one caught me by surprise (maybe I'm naive). End game shells paying for ToD's from a hacker to the tune of 100+ million a month?

With the current state of FFXI, can it even be saved? Can a shell like this expect to prosper in any way in end game activities/HNM's? Are we at the point where it's time to raise the white flag to rmt and 3rd party tool users? Am I being naive to think an end game LS can exist without cheaters?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ZAM!

That guy is talking shit, he's just bought all of his Gil. Such a piece of software wouldn't be possible to write and even if it was you would not disclose it so openly. If he was that smart he could do some demos online with fraps and SSs setup a website, and ask anyone on any server to buy the software. People would literally pay 100$s for it a pop.
    So with that I give you my ZAM! As this is clearly bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sefails
    End game shells paying for ToD's from a hacker to the tune of 100+ million a month?
    No, ever herd of mules?

With the current state of FFXI, can it even be saved?
    Er... wut? It is what it is, the damage has already been done. So either play in the game as it is now, or go away.

Can a shell like this expect to prosper in any way in end game activities/HNM's?
    No, not really.

Are we at the point where it's time to raise the white flag to rmt and 3rd party tool users?
    lol?

Am I being naive to think an end game LS can exist without cheaters?
    Yes, but you should kick this guy anyway as he is clearly a moron.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

How can he "See everything SE is doing"? As far as I know absolutely non of that is client side. I knew this guy was bullshitting awhile ago, since the first few words.

Again as far as I know, there is no current way of "letting you know when an NM is about to pop" nor is their any way for anything else he mentioned.

This being said, this is possibly the most hysterical excuse for buying gil I have ever seen. One last thing, even if these hacks existed he is not a "hacker" he is what is called a Script Kitty. But seeing as how non of those are possible, he is a wannabe script kitty.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

he's a compulsive liar, obviously.

you should have gm'd him and he most likely would have gotten the banstick.

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    he is what is called a Script Kitty.
    Made me curious so I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

That screams made up to me too. Worst case scenario for us if we didn't have an exact TOD on what we were camping was that we'd just have to pay attention for the whole poptime.

It's easy to find out the TOD of just about anything popular even if you have no idea what it is. Just search the zone every hour or so.

Plus: "I also have another program that lets me see when an NM will pop"... If I could see when NMs were going to pop, I sure wouldn't be selling TODs to people. I'd be in SSG quite often.

I knew a ridiculous topic would pop moments after seeing:

Newest registered user: sefails

"I'm pretty much a gm"
    lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah, mostly the part where he says his program tells him what the drops will be, that was hilarious.

A linkshell like yours can do stuff in endgame, yes. But you'll surely have to forget about a few things. You can do Sky as much as the RMTs let you claim some stuff, you can do Sea, Limbus, Dynamis, forced-pop NMs for stuff.

With all this, no you won't beat Vrtra in 10 minutes with 6 people, but you can kill pretty much everything in Sea minus AV, Tiamat, Jormungand, Vrtra depending on your numbers, Cerberus, lolHydra, etc...

If your shell has a really good ambiance then it should be ok to have fun on that kind of things and it's still a big part of endgame. You won't be the top shell on your server but i don't think that's what you're looking for so have fun anyway, you still have plenty of things you can do.

NinjaEditToAddSomething : Just forgot to say that no one would be retarded enough to talk like this about his ZOMGBIGSECRETTOMAKEMILLIONSOFGIL if it was real in any way, lol.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

just bs.

lol... lmao... loooooooooooooool. this thread wins.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

its either BS or Taj. Not sure at this point.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Lmfao, sounds like that guy who once told me he could dup me over 500mil gils, he also had 6 mules capped with gils, he said tomorrow I'll send you as much as you want..

I never saw that account again. If you believe in that shit, you're just stupid He's probably a 14 year just searchin for someone's attention.

I remember some months ago when someone said /OFFSET//CODEX//183918392/Provoke-BOT<t>// in the Aery, and first thing ppl do is go to KI and make a "OMFG BOTTERS" thread then get to know it was just a joke.. It's so funny

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

From a programming point of view, this could work because what he claims to have is a program which lets you view what is in the game's configurations. One of my friends from my LS was trying to confront a gil seller to stop farming Stroper Chyme at the time. The gil seller sent a tell with these numbers and showing something he said in LS, when yet that gil seller doesn't even have that LS pearl.

Basically, if what this person is saying is true, the only possible way this would work can only done with a packet sniffer. It also can work with NMs and any monsters since that packet sniffers can show what is going on in networks. The biggest proof is that gil sellers use these. Only problem I have with this claim: he shouldn't be able to actually edit anything since he would have to go through all the encryption and security that SE has.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tencteri
    From a programming point of view, this could work because what he claims to have is a program which lets you view what is in the game's configurations. One of my friends from my LS was trying to confront a gil seller to stop farming Stroper Chyme at the time. The gil seller sent a tell with these numbers and showing something he said in LS, when yet that gil seller doesn't even have that LS pearl.
    Basically, if what this person is saying is true, the only possible way this would work can only done with a packet sniffer. It also can work with NMs and any monsters since that packet sniffers can show what is going on in networks. The biggest proof is that gil sellers use these. Only problem I have with this claim: he shouldn't be able to actually edit anything since he would have to go through all the encryption and security that SE has.
    SS or it's a lie.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol

Even if this were true, you'd only get a couple of seconds warning that an NM is about to pop before anyone else knew. This doesn't matter since the claim delay patches.

As for knowing anything that your client doesn't know, you'd need to have priveleged access to the SE servers, which I'm certain they would notice if you did.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

From a programing point of view, your a moron. And I'm sure that the gilseller that you seen say something in ls chat was just changing font colors which was stupidly easy via a macro editor, this is assuming you arnt totally full of shit.

and giving you the benefit of the doubt, there are glitches some times in this game [GASP] were something like this can happen. How ever, everything in the above screenshot is 100% totaly made up. Only person I can even think of who could get anywhere close to anything said would be Taj but even then..

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

The guy is full of shit. He's just taking choice bits from Taj and Cliff that he doesn't understand and regurgitating them. He RMTed his shit and just wants to sound cool.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska

From a programing point of view, your a moron. And I'm sure that the gilseller that you seen say something in ls chat was just changing font colors which was stupidly easy via a macro editor, this is assuming you arnt totally full of shit.

and giving you the benefit of the doubt, there are glitches some times in this game [GASP] were something like this can happen. How ever, everything in the above screenshot is 100% totaly made up. Only person I can even think of who could get anywhere close to anything said would be Taj but even then..
    I love when this happens.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

he's BSing; um... you said he's a new member in your LS? just have him list all the HNM's ToD and what they will drop on the next spawn. and go camp them accordingly. if he can't then let's see some names. lol'ed so hard.

no offense but he sound like a freaking 13 year-old who's trying to cover up RMT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag