Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Are end game PUPs any good ?

I wonder they are good or bad. I haven't seen any end game performance of any pups so far. The last time I saw a PUP is level up party was like lv 30ish when my BLU is still low. Right now I am meriting my BLU but I haven't seen a PUP in a party for a (freaking big) while.

(I tought about this because I went to the Ashu Talif BC stuff and by a chance got a free Optic Fiber)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

They're amazing at 75, they solo HNMs.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    They're amazing at 75, they solo HNMs.
    So true. That Stoneskin attachment they can use at early levels only improves as Puppetmasters get higher and higher. By level 75 that Stoneskin can easily absorb 3000 dmg, making PUP the best thing since sliced ninjas.

Fucking lol and ibtl.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Man that's general pup talking. I want to know the performance with the end game such as limbus/dyna/hnm/merit pt.

ocoursemygoodsir

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lordwafik occasionally posts 2-3 times now?

PUP endgame is nonexistant because while other jobs get haubergeons and asuran fists and A- weapon skills, PUP gets AF until Pahluwan, Raging Fists, and a C weapon skill.

The automaton does not scale well with level. Your automaton can do the same exact things at level 1 as at level 75, except for magic which it learns new spells as it skills up. However, it nukes like a RDM without gear, and can't cast refresh or haste.

Give PUPs more progressive gear, bump up their H2H to A- at least, and give automatons something that separates a 75 from a 1, and PUP could be pretty good.

Until then, its fun (my lolPUP is 61) and has some nice soloability since your automaton can cure you, erase/-na you, and has limitless MP. But it won't ever have a place in endgame without some improvements.

http://www.cactuarsensei.com/ffxivid/fakeblm.JPG

PUP Endgame: Pretend you're a Black Mage and hope no one notices

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Proud to know you at this moment Cass. That pic rocks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lol at my above post. freaking funny. Is it that bad ?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PUP IS NOT HORRENDOUS AT ENDGAME. It is just not very special. PUPs get about the same action as BST in end game LSes, minus the ability to charm adds. C Hand to Hand skill is not nearly as crippling as you think btw. I can hit Gods just fine. Only Kirin gave me trouble but that is to be expected. Serenade criticalled him for over a 100 damage though. The potential is there. There just needs to be a final umph.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Serenade criticalled him for over a 100 damage though. The potential is there. There just needs to be a final umph.
    I will admit that Attuner + Target Marker lets the robot hit gods with great accuracy and damage. The problem is no strategy really calls for it.

Wasn't there a thread about this last week?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Actually, Elmer, I have not tried Kirin as PUP since I maxed out accuracy gear, hand to hand merits, and won a Target marker. I bet I will do even better now. Unfortunately, we TPburned our Kirin last week in a little over 4 minutes ( no ridills even ) so maybe next week.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Don't forget to parse your PUP TP burn with Kirin result :D
    I'd like to know it. Well, If you and your automation can deal about 70% of a war or a mnk, PUP should really be something.

no

Old Merits
    BG Level

Why would you even ask that question on a forum where, unless you have NIN sub and a Ridill, you're useless at endgame. ?_?

Toth's right though, it has amazing potential, just needs a final little push before people start to jump the bandwagon like BLM and lolSMN.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If you and your automation can deal about 70% of a war or a mnk, PUP should really be something
    lol?

Instead of getting another war or mnk, put a job in the ally or party that is 70% as effective.

Please stop making these threads...
    http://nefariouslabs.r30.net/Dead%20Horse.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Why would you even ask that question on a forum where, unless you have NIN sub and a Ridill, you're useless at endgame. ?_?

Toth's right though, it has amazing potential, just needs a final little push before people start to jump the bandwagon like BLM and lolSMN.
    ROFLMFAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast