Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i heard about 3 blms on gilga trio'ing temperance using DoT and zoning. Took em a few hrs, but it was fairly clean.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

BLMs DOTs are stronger than RDMs too =P unless of course you decide to dia it <.<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk
    i heard about 3 blms on gilga trio'ing temperance using DoT and zoning. Took em a few hrs, but it was fairly clean.

You need to be desesperate if you trio temperance with DoT. It's not "that" hard to get 5-6ppl and kill it in 30min.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

trying for a challenge?

well it was really 1 guy soloing it, with 2 people who were watching ocasionally helping (And dying lol)...

and imo its a waste of time, rather mix it into a sea run and just zerg it in 5-10 mins with an alliance XD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

dude, our temperances take like 25 min...

its one of those "the more ppl you got the nastier it is" fight.

How do you guys go about popping it? Just kill the PH on your way to ix'mnk and pray? A group of friends set up a dedicated temp crew that was basically knocking down 2 towers every 15 minutes for 2 hours and we didn't get a pop. You'd think with a 40% chance to show per cycle we would have seen him.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    How do you guys go about popping it? Just kill the PH on your way to ix'mnk and pray? A group of friends set up a dedicated temp crew that was basically knocking down 2 towers every 15 minutes for 2 hours and we didn't get a pop. You'd think with a 40% chance to show per cycle we would have seen him.
    I would say 3/4 of our pop are done when we just happen to walk in front of the PH while farming ghrah, aern organ, helping someone with mission, map or popping Ix. That alone usually give us more than enough virtue.

When we try to pop it seriously, we just do TT tower --> hume tower --> mithra tower --> backtrack to galka (just train/sleep) --> escape and walk to Elvaan. Takes about 30min for all 5 towers. We usually see it in less than 1h, but I can remember a few time where it never popped... no clue how it works.

What I would like to try is to send 1 blm to all 5 towers (any blm should be able to solo their way to a tower), and kill all 5 PH at the same time. Die if it pop, let it despawn and repeat. Maybe there is some sort of pattern that would be noticeable that could help us figure how it pop.

To find 4 blm willing to waste 2h is the hard part >_>

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

why would a blm need to waste 2hr ??

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    In the ideal situation with enough people, we split up into smaller numbers and try to effectively cover as many towers as we can.

Any job that can solo a PH can pop Temperance and hold it long enough for help to arrive with RR. But, we'll normally have people split between Elvaan/Galka/Hume and then one group moves between Taru and Mithra, depending on luck. On a few occasions a single BLM that goes to Galka has popped it alone. Splitting up like that is usually when we're getting desperate though, otherwise we just split into 2 teams that tackle opposing sides.

For the most part just the above works fine, we've killed as many as 4 in one night over the course of maybe 3-4 hours... And usually it doesn't take very long to pop him.

I'm pretty sure the trigger that makes him pop moves at some value under 30 minutes as well, as we've killed all the PHs in about 26 minutes starting right when his lottery began again after killing it... And it didn't pop.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Cause trying to pop an NM to let it despawn is a waste of time kinda, unless you are trying to figure his pop condition. Not many care enough about that to try.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Cause trying to pop an NM to let it despawn is a waste of time kinda, unless you are trying to figure his pop condition. Not many care enough about that to try.
    I thought you meant manafont, but I'm sure a blm could kite it back to a portal w/ ES grav.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Our LS does Temperance the aforementioned way, we send 4 BLMs to each tower and usually have the rest of the alliance stay at another tower, then kill all the PHs at once. Gauranteed way to get Temperance to pop, so ya it works.

Also you can just keep it up with a RR pin and a stopwatch. RR pin is a 1 minute cooldown, and despawn timer is either 3 or 5 minutes, I forget exactly. Just gotta be willing to lose a bit of exp while the rest of the alliance runs to your tower.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I thought you meant manafont, but I'm sure a blm could kite it back to a portal w/ ES grav.
    I'm sure it can be hed by any jobs with 3-4 rr hairpin charge at most, that's not really the problem.

I'm talking about figuring Temperance pattern more than popping it simply to fight. I want to see what happen if it despawn, and where it will respawn next. Can you pop it back to back every 15min if it depops, or it's totally random.

There is certain thing that were never debunked since the first sea NM thread here and on Killing ifrit, and I'm still curious to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    Also you can just keep it up with a RR pin and a stopwatch. RR pin is a 1 minute cooldown, and despawn timer is either 3 or 5 minutes, I forget exactly. Just gotta be willing to lose a bit of exp while the rest of the alliance runs to your tower.
    3min despawn after they get to their spawning point usually. It's like that for almost every NM.

Make me wonder how any LS could ever let something despawn.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

3min despawn after they get to their spawning point usually. It's like that for almost every NM.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/389

The old joke actually has a purpose

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/389

The old joke actually has a purpose
    It's okay, I'm still laughing at bubbly bernie and ebon panel joke.

Our LS does Temperance the aforementioned way, we send 4 BLMs to each tower and usually have the rest of the alliance stay at another tower, then kill all the PHs at once. Gauranteed way to get Temperance to pop, so ya it works.
    It's popped every time you've done this with just one set of ph?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious

I remember doing this 1½ year ago, and it wasnt popping every time. There was so many ninja update in sea since then it doesnt mean much, but if Palin could confirm this, it would be nice

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Suiram would know better than I since he devised the strat, and I was taking a break from FFXI at the time, however, every time I've done this strat since my return 2-3 months ago, Temperance has popped. If they've had unsuccesful attempts in the past I haven't heard of them. So i'm not 100% sure, but I have a pretty good confidence based on my experiences. I'm sure Suiram can clear it up whenever he posts next.