Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Jailer of Temperance.. low numbres?

Have anyone tried rdm+smn mix to kill this? was wondering rdm can kite and smn just summons appropriate avatar if anyone tried this please reply or if you tried diffrent setup but with low numbers say 3-4 only please share with us :D thank you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Less I did was war war war whm rdm and blm. 3 smn is probably doable, but it would probably be more painful than anything.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Why use rdms and smns? I know a drk that'll solo it for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ohhhh snap

asy went there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    Ohhhh snap

asy went there.
    str8 gangsta

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Less I did was war war war whm rdm and blm. 3 smn is probably doable, but it would probably be more painful than anything.
    why the blm? or was he just in that event? cause I cant see a use of blms there at all

Quote Originally Posted by Asy
    Why use rdms and smns? I know a drk that'll solo it for you.
    lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by McTaru
    why the blm? or was he just in that event? cause I cant see a use of blms there at all
    D2

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't really see how temperence can be done with super low #'s, it goes super fast once gravity is off and builds resist to it; and the TP moves are painful

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lowest we've done with was 8

but to be honest even with 14-16 sometimes he can get out of hand if on blunt for too long

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Invest in Warp Cudgels.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I don't know how easy it would be with Smns and Rdms but, I have done it a bunch of times as War,Nin(full evasion gear), and 2 Rdms(1 Rdm Sub nin, and one subs whm). Rdms always keep dots on him, and the war just brings enough weapons for each of his different weakness modes. He doesnt miss me much on nin but it is enough to make a difference and save a bit of MP in the end. Also the war and rdm/nin help out a bit when shadows are down. We tend to only use grav when it does its 2hr and when it is in blunt mode. Other then that just kite it around for about an hour doing DoT and the war wacking away at it until it dies.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3xSMN RDM BRD NIN easy

For when we take it with low numbers we usually save Gravity until it's in Blunt mode (occasionally for 2hs too). Using it sparingly like that the resistance build-up usually doesn't get too bad... Especially since it disapates over time when you don't use it.

Otherwise, it's usually straight tanked, since kiting it when Gravity is not on is pretty pointless IMO as a majority of the time you're not going to get ahead of it even at night with NIN AF (if I remember correctly, been a while). Kiting without Gravity on just makes it harder to control and hits people you pass by with AoE, where straight tanking puts him in one spot so only you and maybe some DDs get hit, and allows mages to do their job easier.

With the right gear/food/etc Temp doesn't hit too hard, and especially with Phalanx II. Melees tend to get hit hard by AoE though, but as long as they have shadows and keep them up it won't be a major problem. RDMs also keep DoT on at all times.

So, idealy with low numbers mages will mostly focus on supporting the tank(s) that straight tank him, melees deal damage slowly with keeping shadows up as their first priority (and gtfo-ing during temp's 2hs), RDMs keep DoT on him, and during Blunt mode we kite (sometimes during 2hs if MP is bad).

SMN usually work very well for DDs on him too, not sure why some don't agree?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Cause he was blm when it popped. :D I think we were just farming ghrah and killing temp PH otw, and we took it with what we had when it popped

Blm is still a decent backup healer and they can grav, but yeah, not the best job there. >_>

but to be honest even with 14-16 sometimes he can get out of hand if on blunt for too long
    14-16 ppl temperance were usually more sloppy for me than 6-9ppl. First of all, everyone just mindlessy zerg and spam spell cause it "cant go wrong with more people". Blunt move is easily avoidable if you kite, and it's easy to do with small alliance.

14-16 ppl temperance were usually more sloppy for me than 6-9ppl. First of all, everyone just mindlessy zerg and spam spell cause it "cant go wrong with more people". Blunt move is easily avoidable if you kite, and it's easy to do with small people.
    taru onry?

edit: hi kay '/"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

*small alliance >_>

DOT works.

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    D2
    lol the exact answer we gave our BLMs in sea last time we were camping him. More importantly Escape though, especially if you're still continuing in Lumoria.

Pretty sure you can do it with 2-3 rdm. Just take it to the teleporter Bio2 + Grav then zone up, then have one of the other rdm go down wait for it to run away a little then do it again. I was with some friends and we got it down a good 15% + with no issues what so ever. It was late and we fucked up so we gave up.