Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

SE Apollyon with very small group

Recently did Apollyon SE with a small small group. NIN/WAR, NIN/THF, and RDM/WHM. We managed to make it most of the way through the second floor without any major hassle. Even managed to handle a crab link towards the end. No, we dont expect to finish Limbus with such a small crew, but farming coins is nice when there are not many people there (we wound up with 5 each).

So in the process of tweaking mine gear (RDM), I am thinking a few things, and was looking for some input.

1. Going /whm only had the advantage of Barwatera. /nin would offer a bit more on the second floor, assuming that I had a good mix of MP and melee acc. /blm would be good for the additional DoT spells (frost, etc), but would it make enough of a difference for damage considering piercing bonus + enspells?

2. lolmeleerdm. I fear the wraith of Septimus on this suggestion, but some of the Wise Gear may be useful. So the Gear compare:

Head: Pimp Hat, Optical Hat, Wise Cap.

Really looks like a toss up between the Pimp Hat, and the O.Hat. Hard to give up the fast cast, but 10acc? /thinkythinky

Body: Scorpion Harness, Narashima Vest, Warlock Tabard.

Another 10acc there. The Tabard does have the oh so nice 15 enfeebling magic, but I dont think I saw a single resist on the spells. Input?

Hands: Wise Gloves, Crimson Finger Gauntlets, Errant Cuffs.

Wise has MND and Acc; Crimson has a reasonable amount of mp; Errant is good for mage-like things, but may not be best here.

Legs: Zenith Slacks, Errant Legs, Jet Seraweels, Vendor Slops.

I think the Zenith is best here, soley for the MP. Since attempting to balance out MP and acc, the 50mp would make for a huge difference for the time between converts.

Feet: Wise Pigaches, Ogre Ledelsens, Crimson Greaves, Errant Pigaches.

2acc/4int, 10atk/3mnd/13mp, 20mp/dexagi/elements, 20mp/5mnd. I am thinking Ogre on this one for a good balance.

Other misc items will be prolly Ether/Vernererer Ring, Hierarch or Life belt, macro in Amememet Mantle, and Daggers for weapon(s). Misercorde for main, another dagger in off (at least till I get mine joytoy).

Long post, I know. Any ideas/input/suggestions?

~nyow~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Gear swap macro when you cast spell, melee set if you melee. >_>

I dunno what job you have, but generally, NW look like better money, and you could probably beat it if you get a 4th.

Mnk or thf is a better second-melee than another piercing-crippled nin.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why do SE, when the same group can do King Limbus and get 30-40 coins?

My personal best for NW is 36 Coins with NIN/WAR and RDM/WHM duo. Got 42 coins with NIN,NIN,THF,RDM. Just needs some people who know what they're doing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by TB

My personal best for NW is 36 Coins with NIN/WAR and RDM/WHM duo.

How?

First floor: is 1 coin at most on ghost, 2 on NM (can you kill on nin? it has about 8k hp and probably take a while to kill)

2nd floor: same as above

3rd floor: buggard double like every damn time, cant kill aspi, 1 coin at most

4th: Double a lot, hit hard, but it's probably doable since they dont have high hp, 10 coins

5th: Behemoth triple a ton, and hit like a motherf'ing train. They also have high hp. However, if you kill them, you would get 15coins.

I count 30 coins at most, however, it's hard to believe it goes smootly every time if you look at the mobs you are fighting. Also, you need to get the portal on first 2 mobs or you will run out of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have trouble to see how you can get so much coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by TB

My personal best for NW is 36 Coins with NIN/WAR and RDM/WHM duo.

How?

First floor: is 1 coin at most on ghost, 2 on NM (can you kill on nin? it has about 8k hp and probably take a while to kill)

2nd floor: same as above

3rd floor: buggard double like every damn time, cant kill aspi, 1 coin at most

4th: Double a lot, hit hard, but it's probably doable since they dont have high hp, 10 coins

5th: Behemoth triple a ton, and hit like a motherf'ing train. They also have high hp. However, if you kill them, you would get 15coins.

I count 30 coins at most, however, it's hard to believe it goes smootly every time if you look at the mobs you are fighting. Also, you need to get the portal on first 2 mobs or you will run out of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have trouble to see how you can get so much coin.
    Bosses add some more coins depending on which killed, Pluto is 2, Zaltrog is 2, don't see that group beating faf or KB but those two are 5-8 coins each I think.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I counted those coin from first 2 NM, read my post again No way you could kill fafnir with 1ninja+1rdm.

Nekio

I duo SE as THF/NIN with a RDM/WHM, and if shit doesn't hit the fan we'll clear out all of the crabs on the second floor with just enough time to poke the Kraken for fun.

Runs usually net 16-20 coins, 8-10 each. I find it hard to believe you can get much more than that elsewhere/with more people.

P.S. The RDM doesn't melee at all, just DoTs and nukes lightly when MP is high, and helps manaburn crabs with CS towards the end of each floor (we save restore chests for last).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Nekio
    I duo SE as THF/NIN with a RDM/WHM, and if shit doesn't hit the fan we'll clear out all of the crabs on the second floor with just enough time to poke the Kraken for fun.

Runs usually net 16-20 coins, 8-10 each. I find it hard to believe you can get much more than that elsewhere/with more people.

P.S. The RDM doesn't melee at all, just DoTs and nukes lightly when MP is high, and helps manaburn crabs with CS towards the end of each floor (we save restore chests for last).

NE 4 ppl can give you more. (mnk mnk brd rdm, or war war brd rdm)

5th floor: 8 dhamelx2 coins, 2manticores x2 coin, 7 coin chest = 27 coins
    4th floor: 8monkey x1 coins, 6-7 coins chest = 14 coins
    3rd floor: 4pots x0.5coins, 4-5coin chest = 6 coins
    2nd floor: 8birds for 6 coins, 5 coins chest = 11coins
    1st floor: 2 from mandra, 4 from chest = 6 coins
    Total: 60 coins (-4coin from manticore if you are out of time on a bad run)

NW with 3blm = 40-45 coins easily (can go up to 50 on a lucky day)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If memory serves me correctly, NE Apollyon requires you to kill the gigas on the 4th floor to open the vortex, one of whom is immune to melee attacks.

Can the brd & rdm take that one out fast enough if he ends up being the one you need to kill, or does it just mean you end up only getting 33 coins (on average) every third run?

Quote Originally Posted by jibini
    If memory serves me correctly, NE Apollyon requires you to kill the gigas on the 4th floor to open the vortex, one of whom is immune to melee attacks.

Can the brd & rdm take that one out fast enough if he ends up being the one you need to kill, or does it just mean you end up only getting 33 coins (on average) every third run?
    Take a meritted monk; formless strikes + hundred fists will damage Cronos. Save the restore chest if you get unlucky and have to kill him, then you have 6 minutes and 2 2hrs on the mnk.

Last time I did this, my 2hr + formless kept hate on me for the black mage to nuke, took 3 minutes almost exactly (my ability wore off at 1%). 6 minutes and an extra 2hr should allow the mnk to drop him, or at least get him low enough for rdm + dots to finish him off.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by jibini

In 10 attempt or so, I never got the imune physical one to open the portal. I'm pretty sure I heard chainspell+bene chest+chainspell was enough to take it tho. I usually save tp for spirit within just in case, and mnk can also chi blast it.