+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving :)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Everyone stay safe today and the rest of the week. Eat lots of turkey and get fatter. And goodluck to those going shopping tonight for black friday.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all the BG forum people here. I hope today is filled with happiness for being with your family and friends Now, on to start cooking with GF and her family hehe :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

happy thanksgiving, everone :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yay

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ^^

yay i work retail so i get to work at 6;00 am in the morning!!

Fuck yeah! Hurray for turkey!

Mmmm, Turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm already floating away in a coma of bacon, eggnog, and assorted cheeses. Happy day (#o.o)/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

My turkey is so dry... -_ -

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch
    My turkey is so dry... -_ -
    I'm at war with my friends because I could live off poultry forever, while they could live off steak alone because "it doesn't dry out", but the way my parents cook birds they usually don't dry out too much. Sadly my knowledge of cooking extends to following the directions on the back of microwavable products or cake mix.

An aluminum foil tent can be used in place of a lid during the first 90 minutes of roasting time to help the heat circulate and, toward the end of cooking, to protect the turkey from overbrowning or drying out. Adding a half-cup of water to the bottom of the pan also will help keep the turkey from drying out.
    No idea if that works but it's worth a shot. Too late for yours, but you can always try drowning it in gravy! I didn't start cooking until 11ish... still not hungry either and we have a 12-pound bird for 2 people because it was free. I predict a lot of turkey sandwiches in the next few weeks.

BRING ON THE TURKEY AND STUFFING AND MASHED POTATOES AND ASSORTED OTHER GOOD FOOD

two of my friends work at circuit city and one has to work from 4 till 4 and the other 10 till 10 tomorrow. fun =S

>:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Happy Thanksgiving~!

Stay safe and be happy.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

kind of sucks that I have to work on a term paper all day until dinner party time.

Oh well, I plan on drowning the term paper malaise in wonderful turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, biscuits, bread, meat and potatoes, noodles and chicken, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and mangooooo ice cream.

Happy Thanksgiving.

PBTY

to stop your turkey drying out, take an apple, lemon, orange or other fruit (depends on what you like), cut it in half (strictly you can put it in whole, but it won't give out as much moisture), and stuff your turkey with it.
    if you have stuffing in your turkey then this can also keep it moist, but a lot of people make stuffing seperately~

using aluminium foil will also help but you have to seal the turkey up in it's roasting tray. you should also put carrot, onion, potato or other vegetables in the roasting tin to flavor the turkey, make gravy with the juices and to eat the potatos/parsnips/etc.

if you just put the turkey in a roasting tin and leave it in the oven for a few hours, you're doing it wrong.

the more water meat absorbs* while it's cooking the more tender it will be, but actually putting water in the roasting tin isn't so good, use chicken stock (cubes or a teaspoon per 200ml water~ or whatever it says on the packet) instead of plain water, you can use vegetable stock instead, or add some red wine (or cider, many things are possible) in with the stock.

*absorbs possibly isn't correct, i think maybe it breaks some of the protein bonds in the meat making it less chewy, either way that's why stew is easy to eat and cheap fried steak is really tough :X

turkey is generally a low-quality meat, buy from a farm shop, or get goose or duck instead for better flavor. huge thanksgiving bred turkeys that you find in the supermarket freezer are the worst, you shouldn't get one unless you're feeding it to hobos or in-laws.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

In the spirit of thanksgiving, we made chocolate chip cookies last night with pumpkin pie filling. They are SOOO good. Who else has a new recipe they're trying out today?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

i'm so full and have so much alcohol to polish off for the rest of the day. Nothing beats thanksgiving fafnir.

New Merits
    BG Level

I'm jewish i don't celebrate thanksgiving

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I have to go house hopping this year. Going to have Thanksgiving dinner in a few minutes then at 4:00 i'm headed over to my best friend's house. Unngh. Everyone's gonna be so roly-poly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.