+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trauma Center, M:UA, and the "other" wii games

This thread is to discuss the "other" wii games that are out.

I've heard tons of reviews about Zelda, and I'm sure it's great, but could someone please give me a little more info about some of the other games? I'm considering buying Trauma Center and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, as well as the new Monkey Ball. Any comments on people who have played these, or other wii games would be appreciated =D.

(If this topic is too similar to other wii topics I'm sorry....)

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~chfranci/ibtl.gif

(not really, I just wanted to use the picture but have been too late to the topics that really did get locked )

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko

(not really, I just wanted to use the picture but have been too late to the topics that really did get locked )
    Awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko

thats the greatest "In before the lock" gif yet.

"I can't see shit Captain!"

Trauma centers pretty fun, definately harder than the DS version because the nunchuk controls what items you choose and you ahve to be accurate on choosing it and you also gotto memorize which direction is which item, but its fun for me still. So far the story is exactly the same as the DS, the new chick doctor hasnt come in yet

Banned.

BG Level

It's the gif that started the "Epic maneuver" YTMND fad.

Anyone got any input on Monkey Ball? I'm hearing bad things but all the videos I'm watching look sooooo fun.

(Actually, everything for the wii looks fuuunn)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trauma center IS the DS game.. lol just with 1 more mission I believe Red steel is fun, monkey ball is ok, rayman is FUN w/ other people.

but the big shocker....

DBZ BUDOKAI T IS REALLY REALLY FUN LOL

me and my friends were playing it drunk last night and all these people walking by my dorm door came in and wanted to play.... good times lol

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    Trauma center IS the DS game.. lol just with 1 more mission I believe Red steel is fun, monkey ball is ok, rayman is FUN w/ other people.

but the big shocker....

DBZ BUDOKAI T IS REALLY REALLY FUN LOL

me and my friends were playing it drunk last night and all these people walking by my dorm door came in and wanted to play.... good times lol
    <3 Budokai, although ive only played it for a couple hours [zelda has me hooked]

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Budokai = Don't worry guys, we made like 20 other DBZ games, we're bound to get it right sooner or later!

(one of the SNES ones was pretty fun too)

OMG so I got budakai and it's like, the most fun game I have ever played.

Goku does a spirit bomb and it connects and does good dmg = cool

Later on goku does a bomb, my friend does a shield to absorb it...so the bomb BLOWS UP THE EARTH = most badass thing ever.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mala
    Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    stuff
    <3 Budokai, although ive only played it for a couple hours [zelda has me hooked]
    Wait until you get to Omega Shenron,that guy's a fucking bitch

im going to take it redsteel is utter crap? =_=

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0c00l
    From what I hear it's like "ooo cool I can swing a sword" then it starts to suck.

Get some friends and budakai, it's seriously that good despite being a dbz title. It's sooo fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    From what I hear it's like "ooo cool I can swing a sword" then it starts to suck.

Get some friends and budakai, it's seriously that good despite being a dbz title. It's sooo fun.
    Don't go hatin on dbz

The sword parts are silly (why am I not just shooting this guy?) and simplistic (parry, hit him - cycle, rinse, repeat.) The shooting parts are unimaginative, the graphics (at least on a TV that didn't have high-def enabled; no high-def cables ftl) were suck, it's actually harder to aim, imo, with the Wii controller than an analog or mouse+keyboard, and the enemy AI is 100% scripted and retarded. At one point, I ran straight into a room, the enemies ran past me as I shot them, then knocked over tables and set up a barricade...behind me. Oh, and their insults are comedy gold - "You'll never stop the cars, moron!" "Give up, freak!" "Die, loser!".

If you want a badass shooter, get F.E.A.R. Extraction Point. More of the same goodness, and the hospital will make you crap your pants in terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer

I pushed through the story mode in 2 days to unlock every character, now I only play multiplayer with friends.

It has a "Free battle" mode which is 5 on 5, combined with characters with max health it makes for 10-15 minute fights, I don't remember any fighting game ever pulling that off, lol.

Most fights consist of all of about 45 seconds in most fighting games. (rough estimate)

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wait, so you're saying Trauma Center is a port with an extra mission? Just like +1 operation?

My friend got the Wii over Thanksgiving Break and when I went back to play with him, the only games he had were Wii Sports, Excite Truck and Ultimate Alliance. (with only one controller)

We started off with Excite Truck which was amazing. The wii-mote steering took a few races to get use to but I didn't mind crashing everywhere and not knowing what the hell I was doing. Excite Truck was probably my favorite game. I did really well and everyone else was pretty quick learning how to play. It's pretty good for single player, but I heard multiplayer is bad.

When I went over again, we did a little bit of Excite Truck but most of the time we played Wii Sports. Wii Sports was fun but I wish we had more controllers >< Wii Sports is a true multiplayer game... Never touched Ultimate Alliance but my friend said Excite Truck was his favorite.

I played excite truck over at the EB games near me and it was pretty fun. I'll probably pick it up if SSBB isn't out by the time im done with zelda/budokai