+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xarcabard...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Xarcabard...

I know the main strategy for Dynamis Lord and all. Problem is, I'm thinking our roster is a bit too low for Dynamis lord atm. But my members keep asking me if we're going for the win, at which point I usually tell them I'm not going to attempt it unless I think we can win.

Anyway, my current roster for Xarcabard consists of roughly 25 people. 3PLD's
    2 BLMes (well, 2+1 73)
    3WHMes
    2RDMes
    2BRD
    2DRK
    1DRG
    3THF
    2MNK
    2WAR
    1NIN
    1SMN

We can usually get to the wall of eyes with around 1 hour 30 min left to farm. My question is basically, which extra jobs would be needed to attempt Dynamis Lord and the weapon fights (as I have some people upgrading). I need to know what would be a "safe" number, as I've never attempted Dynamis Lord in order to see how far we could get him with our current roster.. We run on EU times, so the ammount of people available is rather limited... heh.

Ridill
    BG Level

you can do weapons with what you've got, my ls got shield to 2% with 24 when we were completely unprepared, and beat it with like 26-28 with extreme ease after a DL attempt where knockback got through, and all our SP were down and whatnot

as far as DL, you need more blms for Y+Y and more melees for DL, and of course some chainspell stunners

not a lot more, but a few would help you a whooole lot

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

2thf and the smn switch jobs to something else. mnk, war, blm comes tom mind
    get drks some Kclubs.

you win

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by DarktaruFM
    2thf and the smn switch jobs to something else. mnk, war, blm comes tom mind
    get drks some Kclubs.

you win
    2 of the THF's actually have BLM lvled... but we usually have them come THF since they have TH3 and TH4.

The SMN only have SMN lvled, though =/

DL has about 80,000 HP, RNGs have parsed 10,000damage in 5 shots. (Slug, Barrage, EES, Slug, Slug). With those numbers you could take DL out with 8RNG/WARs, 2BRDs, 2PLDs for initial hold, and 2 CS stunners. Kraken DRKs have been known to be able to do as much as 19k+ damage, but its a little more random with them, due to the nature of K.Club. WARs, MNKs, can all do a shitload of DoT. Really I don't see any reason why you can't win, its all about quality over quantity. I've seen 64 people wipe, and Ive seen 24 win easily.

People who claim gear does nothing in this game, and a group of toons in AF can do the same as a group in elite gear, obviously don't have elite gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    DL has about 80,000 HP, RNGs have parsed 10,000damage in 5 shots. (Slug, Barrage, EES, Slug, Slug). With those numbers you could take DL out with 8RNG/WARs, 2BRDs, 2PLDs for initial hold, and 2 CS stunners. Kraken DRKs have been known to be able to do as much as 19k+ damage, but its a little more random with them, due to the nature of K.Club. WARs, MNKs, can all do a shitload of DoT. Really I don't see any reason why you can't win, its all about quality over quantity. I've seen 64 people wipe, and Ive seen 24 win easily.

People who claim gear does nothing in this game, and a group of toons in AF can do the same as a group in elite gear, obviously don't have elite gear.
    I think when people say the thing about doing it in af its true but just not in the time that a player in great gear can. People think king drops are "elite gear" but i just laugh because its pretty average IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

I think when people say the thing about doing it in af its true but just not in the time that a player in great gear can. People think king drops are "elite gear" but i just laugh because its pretty average IMO.
    Good gear is what makes your job good. Yes some of it does involve camping kings. D.Rings, Ridills, E.Body, Black Belt (a king drop technically) are all things pretty damn necessary to do those 20 man DLs.
    If you go the RNG way, no they arent, but good gear is good gear, and regardless of where its obtained for your specific job, it definately makes the difference between a 40man DL and a 20man DL.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Alot of the THF I have do solid on DL. Could always have 2 of them leave and change to BLM after the Wall of Eyes tho. With less people you are going to need more CS time tho, so you prolly need another 2 RDM/DRK, (4 total, assuming your other 2 have /drk already).

If the MNK can sub /drk as well, that is hawt shit, but need to be cure-bombed. It's a solid group, might need a few extra but it's possible. First time or two might be a wipe tho, don't get discouraged. DL is mostly about luck and hoping nothing bad gets through CS, and if something does can you overcome it.

As long as you come prepared and have a good group, DL isn't too hard.

Little trick: After the THF WSs, uses IW and WSs again, have him run halfway up the ramp and wait for DL to re-summon Y & Y. Aggro them and die away from Ally. After they kill him away from the Ally, they walk back to their spawn points and sit.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

feint goes a long way on DL, or any zerged fight for that matter.

Vobent

But don't they share hate?
    So isnt' it hard to drag them?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vobent
    From what I've heard (haven't confirmed it by any means), the dragons don't share hate with DL until after they've actually gotten to him the first time.

If that's the case, the above would work nicely.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by jibini
    From what I've heard (haven't confirmed it by any means), the dragons don't share hate with DL until after they've actually gotten to him the first time.

We have one of our THFs pull off early everytime. If the Dragons never make it to aggro range and never see the rest of your ally they don't seem to share hate or come back for you. Just need to run far enough up the ramp to aggro them and pull them back a bit. Uusally DL dies as they spawn and it doesn't matter but the times he takes an extra couple seconds it works wonders.

As for Feint, just need to hit it once and its on. It is nice tho and like I said, our THF do well damage wise. I don't ever swap people out before DL, I just know some LSes do and with a smaller group I think 2 extra BLM would do more for them. I know I generally hit about 12k damage on DL as BLM. Which is more then the THFs would do. (w/o relics :P)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Quote Originally Posted by jibini

We have one of our THFs pull off early everytime. If the Dragons never make it to aggro range and never see the rest of your ally they don't seem to share hate or come back for you. Just need to run far enough up the ramp to aggro them and pull them back a bit. Uusally DL dies as they spawn and it doesn't matter but the times he takes an extra couple seconds it works wonders.

As for Feint, just need to hit it once and its on. It is nice tho and like I said, our THF do well damage wise. I don't ever swap people out before DL, I just know some LSes do and with a smaller group I think 2 extra BLM would do more for them. I know I generally hit about 12k damage on DL as BLM. Which is more then the THFs would do. (w/o relics )
    Yep, pretty sure it works too. Dragon will walk toward DL as they spawn, but once you aggro/die, they will just walk back to where they spawned. Kinda like Qn'Aern in sea.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

"Elite gear" makes a difference sometimes, for instance the Adaman Hauberk has just a bit more acc than Hauberk+1...sometimes that 1-2 acc can mean the difference between landing full hits on a 300TP WS, or missing it completely.

stacking "elite gear" does make a difference depending on what it is...PLDs in full AF vs. Fafnir get smacked for close to 350 damage, or this fucker tanking him was just completely stupid....whereas PLDs in 4/5 Koenig and AF+1 feet get hit for 180-240 on non-blocked hits.

DL fight has a big luck factor in it, Oblivion Smash followed by the AoE knockback+grav (Dynamic Assault?) can easily wipe out an entire group of melees, therefore taking out about 80% of your damage...so unless he's pretty close to death after that, you're fucked. No matter how many people you have, its gonna depend on when your CS Stunners land their stuns and if they get resisted at a critical moment or not.

Melee damage > BLM damage on DL, collective damage from a MNK or RNG will outparse the shit out of BLM damage now, the highest collective damage i saw on DL from my LS was like 8,600 way before the magic update...now i think you'd be lucky to hit 4,000 with BLM nukes....keep your melees alive if you can, and your PLDs should be wearing full Enmity gear, 2-3 PLDs should be enough to hold him in place during the start but after the damage starts going off, he usually hates the RDMs constantly chain stunning the shit out of him more.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Melee damage > BLM damage on DL, collective damage from a MNK or RNG will outparse the shit out of BLM damage now, the highest collective damage i saw on DL from my LS was like 8,600 way before the magic update...now i think you'd be lucky to hit 4,000 with BLM nukes...
    eh, no. I agree most well geared melee will beat BLMs, but seriously, a good BLM can easily drop 10k damage. Where as only the best melee will hit those marks. Most of my nukes hit for about 900-1,100 and I can easily get in 11-12 nukes with MP and 2hr. Only about 3-4 of those will be resisted badly usually.

Obviously KClub, Ridill and such can achieve crazy numbers, but my LS has none of that. We stack up RNGs, MNK/drks, BLMs and WARs. Those are the best forms of damage you can get w/o the "leet" gear. We sometimes have a DRK who can snag a KClub tho (which makes DL even more of a joke).

"Elite gear" makes a difference sometimes, for instance the Adaman Hauberk has just a bit more acc than Hauberk+1...sometimes that 1-2 acc can mean the difference between landing full hits on a 300TP WS, or missing it completely.
    Assuming that was sarcastic. Cause 1-2 acc ain't that big a difference.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The more pimped out your RNG, MNK, WAR or DRK(Kclub) are, the less people you will need for DL.

Gear does matter and so does stuff like IcarusWings or Food. Yea, don't laugh... My zergLS lost to DL @1% with 52ish people, because like half the melee weren't using IWings or food.....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

1-2 acc isnt THAT big of a difference, in fact its just marginally better....but i said 1-2 acc can mean the difference in some DRK or RNG landing a 300TP WS on DL or missing it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

if a drk is WSing with a kclub, they doing something wrong

if acc really an issue, sj drg.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

1-2 acc isnt THAT big of a difference, in fact its just marginally better....but i said 1-2 acc can mean the difference in some DRK or RNG landing a 300TP WS on DL or missing it.
    Again, 1-2 Acc isn't going to be the difference between hitting a 300tp WS and totally missing it, lmao. 10-15 acc ok, but 1-2 hell no. It would be the difference in hitting every hit of a multiple hit WS or missing 1-2 hits.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you dont even see my point, instead of trying to understand it you immediately go straight to the "disagree and flame" part

stacking "elite gear" will mean a difference, end of story