WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

LOL YES

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    Gilgamesh has no RMT up at this moment. Hope it's for good. Omg, would Byakko become a reality again ?
    Don't be foolish! Shiva's RMTers are all still at Ulli. ; ;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh has no RMT up at this moment. Hope it's for good. Omg, would Byakko become a reality again ?
    Just did a quick search... a few are still in Ruavitau... but it looks like some of the more established ones are gone. Most of the random name generator crew seems to be gone, and the group notorious for POS-claiming things seems to be gone as well. If the ones not online atm are gone for good, it looks like they nailed at least 75% of the well-known RMTers on Gilga.

It's sparse enough that if FF12 wasn't paused in the other room I'd go to sky and attempt a solo claim of Ulli... >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I shall log on and check shit out on Fairy... in about 11 hours or so, because right now I'm gonna go play Valkyrie Profile 2. <.<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

For those on Midgard, the notorious Elitepetal who never leaves Ulli isn't on as of now, don't know if perma-ban or not, and a /sea all of taru blm's reared half as many names most of which are pronounceable and not RMT-ish. Search of Sky shows a drastic decrease in the normal RMT there, Fekuku(sp) an RMT BLM of Greenlineage is no longer on, followed by Blankgirl Hotgirl, Jingboy, Langboy (not sure if they were gone already) seems they cleaned up a decent amount, some strange comments in sky such as "53P+2P+2P" similar messages like that, perhaps I just don't understand what it means (very likely) or it could be some remaining RMT's. Looks decent on Midgard so far, +1 seems to be up in Sky atm too, or at least just Bladegash, maybe they're getting some camping done while RMT is at least in smaller numbers.

Anybody else from Midgard who knows of notorious RMT: I'd like to know if you've seen them on after this update, I'm not big on their names save a few, but it would be nice if they got at least the major well known ones we've all been complaining and pointing out for years now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

was just about to post this myself.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Almost all RMT alliances in Sky are gone on Quetzalcoatl.

Additionally, all /anon alliances lvling in Valkurm, Qufim, Garlaige, Crawler's Nest etc. with names made from slapping your cock on the keyboard are gone :D

SquareEnix: Did I do gud?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar
    Just did a quick search... a few are still in Ruavitau... but it looks like some of the more established ones are gone. Most of the random name generator crew seems to be gone, and the group notorious for POS-claiming things seems to be gone as well. If the ones not online atm are gone for good, it looks like they nailed at least 75% of the well-known RMTers on Gilga.

It's sparse enough that if FF12 wasn't paused in the other room I'd go to sky and attempt a solo claim of Ulli... >_>
    Yeah, 90% of them disappeared, just a few of them are left... Should be able to claim Ulli and Faust now until they level again.

Even the Goobbues in Zitah are up and wandering around lol.

Eppy

It'd be awsome if they waved the ban stick near the Christmas season ^^

Kuro, I believe it was 2-3 days ago whole of Qufim was composed of 2 alliance full of rank 2s leveling

Dear IGE:

Here's an early Christmas present, a solid kick in the balls!

Happy holidays,

The FFXI RMT Hit Squad

Details as to exactly what's going on makes for a happy me. Looking forward to the monthly ass-reaming of RMT groups until they give up and go hump WoW's leg instead.

*sighs* And I got to MPK three RMT BLM's -ga burning in Wajoam the other day. They like to hide out there by the trees and sleep-nuke groups of spiders together. Hope S-E got them, and their entire horde too.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Awesome. One can only hope for another hit like the week before christmas for a steel-toed boot kick to the balls.

Degenxerate

On Sylph theres still like 100 RMT's on including at Ulli and a few full alliances leveling with pl's in places like Onzozo

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

When did they get banned? Because I noticed all the generic name RMT were out of sea, the more famous ones are in sky now, didn't check on our amazing Esipko SMN75/BLM37 who got raped in the face at RMTJoL.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What is the impact on Bahamut?

Any Flysky still around?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

/search ruavitau on asura currently only brings up 13 names, 11 of which are gilsellers, with about 50 total gilsellers in sky. Sea seems to be at about 15 gilsellers, down from 60ish moving throughout huxzoi and ruhmet at all times from the past few days. No idea about Jeuno/Behe gilsellers. Things may be looking up! :D

Now only if they got some of the NA botters with this ban.... time will tell though! F5

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

cerberus has an alliance or so of rmt in sky, which is an improvement over how it usually is (sadly). other areas seem atleast a little cleared out, but still a good amount of rmt all over the place. i guess it's a start, but they'll probably have replacements up and back to business long before the next wave of bans come...

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    Posting in a Legendary Thread
    quoting a legendary trendwhore
    Why arn't you banned yet? You're nothing but rude to everyone.
    cry more, assface.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    /search ruavitau on asura currently only brings up 13 names, 11 of which are gilsellers, with about 50 total gilsellers in sky. Sea seems to be at about 15 gilsellers, down from 60ish moving throughout huxzoi and ruhmet at all times from the past few days. No idea about Jeuno/Behe gilsellers. Things may be looking up! :D
    Yay :D

The task force actually were doing something zomg. Let's hope they're permabans and not 3 day slap on the wrists.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

The biggest group of RMT on Bismarck actually look like somewhat normal players, but I haven't seen any of them on right now, nor have I seen any of the speed belt/thief knife/kraken bazaaring mules on in rolanberry.

Chistmas indeed! Except you know, wrong month and day and all that...

About the circumventing of game mechanics thing, it seems to me they're almsot certainly talking about botting to claim NM's. In addition to that I think some of the botting apps (I have no first hand experience so this is speculation) insert commands into the outgoing data from the client to perform JA's without using the actual game's code. I'm no expert programmer nor do I know how FFXI's client-server protocol works, but I'm pretty sure some bots just sniff and insert packets without actually touching the game code or data. On the flipside, how do they actually detect something like this is beyond me.