BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This just in – more RMT etc bannings

My friend saw this on POL a few days ago, but they took it down, we were kinda sceptical as to if it was true or not. Looks like its back up again now. So I guess it was. >.> This isn’t up on POL site yet.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...deityBLM/1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...deityBLM/2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...deityBLM/3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...deityBLM/4.jpg

EDIT: It's now on POL. >.>

We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

In relation to the severity of the violation, over 2,500 accounts were temporarily suspended, while over 9,000 accounts were permanently banned.

Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    Approx. 1,100 cases
    - Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    Approx. 6,400 cases
    - RMT-related activity
    Approx. 4,000 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 45 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that the use of third party programs adversely affect game balance. Along with affecting game balance, other risks can arise from use of third party programs that are not immediately obvious such as possibly introducing damaging viruses and compromising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

During this round of account terminations, we mainly focused on RMT operations that were active within Japan. However, rest assured that our continued investigations encompass all regions where RMT activity is occurring.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/polnews/news9098.shtml

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news9096.shtml

We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

In relation to the severity of the violation, over 2,500 accounts were temporarily suspended, while over 9,000 accounts were permanently banned.
    Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    Approx. 1,100 cases
    - Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    Approx. 6,400 cases
    - RMT-related activity
    Approx. 4,000 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 45 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that the use of third party programs adversely affect game balance. Along with affecting game balance, other risks can arise from use of third party programs that are not immediately obvious such as possibly introducing damaging viruses and compromising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

During this round of account terminations, we mainly focused on RMT operations that were active within Japan. However, rest assured that our continued investigations encompass all regions where RMT activity is occurring.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Gah, Lockecole posted while I was editing. =/

NP, just helping the people out at work, and the skeptics.

Well first of all 45billion gil is a rediculous amount of gil, even considering the amount of servers.

Secondly, what exactly is, "Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear." referring to?

Doesnt sound like we're talking about normal MrArgus. Doesnt really effect timing of an ability (recast etcs) just presses a macro for you at a designated time. This looks like something bigger, kind of like the multiple cast incidents we'v had recently.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My best guess would be some kinda of hack that lets you get past the delay on JAs for claiming.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

not positive, but it's probably referring to bots that let you set a custom delay to provoke at, which is what lets shells with a lot of botters using coordinated delays monopolize the kings.

Is LM-17 the perm or temp?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

LM-11 = permaban

Posting in a Legendary Thread

I hate to admit I was wrong, but to be honest that really sounds to me like people were able to spam JAs or spells with zero recast. Those screenshots with people's chatlogs showing spamming of Dia and/or Stun on Fafhogg multiple times back to back are starting to seem a little more interesting now.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    quoting a legendary trendwhore

Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    yea

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this is orgastic most of the RMTs that were at sky KA and elsewhere are not on at all

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane
    this is orgastic most of the RMTs that were at sky KA and elsewhere are not on at all
    Don't worry, a new set of BLMs is in altepa atm.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

On IGE, nearly all servers are clean out of gil....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Gilgamesh has no RMT up at this moment. Hope it's for good. Omg, would Byakko become a reality again ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

45 billion gil is alot. That's what? Around 2 billion a server?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good, looks like one of the things keeping me from being bothered to log in is starting to be taken care of efficiently.

Now if only endgame didn't suck, lol.

They appear to have made a pretty cleam sweep of all the Jeuno and Sky RMT on Ramuh... except Besshegeshe, who is sat solo in the shrine.

Of course, the shrine is now packed full of JPs, but that's hell better than RMT 24/7 campers.

And 45 billion.... that's a "no" to the idea of december inflation, i'm guessing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    Why arn't you banned yet? You're nothing but rude to everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast