The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

At long last. I just wish it had happened while I was still going there.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Congrats to the Aggies.

Just got back from the very wet Oregon State-Oregon game, a game with two lead changes in the last 3 minutes, and a blocked FG on the last play of the game. The Beavers pulled it out, and are now Sun Bowl bound -- 3rd place in the Pac-10 is a damn good year for us, combined with a win over the U of O and USC, makes for a very memorable year.

Too bad we're playing @ Hawaii next week and probably going to get killed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of playing Hawaii. My team plays there tomorrow. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about officiating against road teams at Hawaii. I feel Hawaii is the most underrated team in the nation and likely could take all but a few teams in the nation at home. (only losses were close losses on the road to Boise St. and Alabama)

I complained about noon kickoffs all this year and this one is at 11:30 pm my time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of playing Hawaii. My team plays there tomorrow. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about officiating against road teams at Hawaii. I feel Hawaii is the most underrated team in the nation and likely could take all but a few teams in the nation at home. (only losses were close losses on the road to Boise St. and Alabama)
    OSU has played at Hawaii twice (once in a bowl game), and lost close games both times due at least in part to homer calls. The good news for both Oregon State and Purdue is that they both have their bowl scenarios wrapped up. I expect both teams to lose in Hawaii though, despite their upper division finishes in their respective conferences.

Btw, my father taught at Purdue from 1978 to 1984, I grew up on Purdue basketball & football. Still love their fight song, and try to catch them on TV whenever I can. I'll be watching them on TV tomorrow night. Go Boilers!