+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Koga/Iga blade     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Koga/Iga blade

I already did a search for koga blade, found no references. All the post came for the blade not the koga...

Anyways notice these two blades have the same stats? Only difference is they look different... wish i could dual wield in this game...

Koga/Iga blade
    67 attack power
    20 Evade

Just wondering why.

they both come from the same chest in Sochen cave palace, its one or the other.

How about the Yagyu Darkblade, how do you spawn the Rare monster which drops it?

Been trying for last while

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

um from the rare game pop conditions thread, which should be stickied...

Bombshell, Level 60-61, Lasche Span
    -Randomly appears in this zone.
    -Drop: Yagyu Darkblade, Bomb Ashes
    -Steal: Mallet

so i guess its just a random chance of it poping and a random chance for it to drop

Back to my subject, i know about the chest, I got iga from it, i got koga by stealing from some mobs in cerobi steppe. My thing is why have 2 weapons with same stats of the same class, but they look different.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Maybe they have different combo properties.

For the yagyu darkblade, i was on the way to fight gilgamesh v2 and bombshell was up, so cant be too hard to pop. No drop though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lol HQ Koga blade, with hidden +chance to combo effect

Oy!

iga is rare steal from bogey in zertinan

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    iga is rare steal from bogey in zertinan
    ooh, lol

After killing bombshell on the 18th time he dropped yagyu darkblade.

It does serious damage when combined with a cat-ear hood, on par with 100-110 weapons, when its only 80

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

to get the yagyu darkblades just go to lasche span in the henne mines, if he's up... kill him, if he's not up run to the oposite side of the zone and start zoning in and out of the sucker over and over for like a minute or 2, then just run back through lasche span and kill the sucker. when he dies chances are you wont get the yagyu darkblade so just run back 2 zones (towards the exit of the mines) then turn around rinse and repeat... you can chain this mob easily.

set gambits to attack water weak foes so that you leave the 2 large birds alone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I chained 62 bombshells yesterday with no yagyu darkblade drop (not counting the 30 or so I had chained earlier). Took about 5 hours.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I got one first kill <_<

Course, took him half an hour to SHOW UP, so it evens out, but still.

koga is a quest reward from the cockatrice quest as well. Figures I do that stupid waterfall "puzzle" three times to get an iga blade figuring it was only from that chest -.-

are these things even worth using? seems the deathbringer would be more useful...

yeah, deathbringer does have more attack, and can use a shield, but attack a lot slower. plus, you're going to combo at least twice a lot more with a ninja sword anyway. The tradeoff may be worth it as long as you're not fighting undead.

is there any diff between koga and iga?

no, they just look different.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Deathbringers' instant death effect edges out the extra comboing on the katanas IMO, especially against normal trash mobs. Most stuff will die either from the first round of attacks or from the instant death, and anything else would probably take just as long with the katanas.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a fun weapon, just a shame that alot of what you fight in end game absorbs dark damage D:

Only took me 4 kills to get the Darkblade <.<