Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aegis of Release - Episode 4

Aegis of Release - Episode 4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...AoR4banner.jpg

Hello everyone, for those who have watched the trailer (And given feedback, thank you very much) I would like to announce AoR Episode 4 is now up for stream/download.

YouTube - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DvyBT6d1ZP8

FileFront - http://files.filefront.com/AoR___Episod ... einfo.html

For those not familiar with the series I kindly ask you to watch a few minutes of this and see if it sparks any interest. I encourage criticizm of all types, I am simply an amateur video maker who would love to hear the opinions of different people for this series.

I know BG is a respected forum, and I appreciate this has nothing to do with endgame events, but the truth is despite me sometimes being scared of the forum, I believe I can learn a lot from here. So be nice, please.

For anyone who has any questions about the series please ask and I'll answer as soon as I can.

For anyone who would like to discuss story continuity issues between the scripts in episode 4 and episode 1 that's fine also. If anyone is interested enough I intend to fix that and be glad to tell you more.

I hope you enjoy. Please leave your comments and whatnot.

Many thanks.

uh, holy shit
    im at 2.30 right now, this is pretty well done lol
    hope to see more, keep'em coming!

Was very awesome, kept me interested the whole time. Looking forward to the next!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinypantsu
    Was very awesome, kept me interested the whole time. Looking forward to the next!
    Wow nice job. d(^.^)b

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Amazing.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It is exceedingly well done. The story wasn't "omg boring" and the effects werent "SEEN IT INGAME" so uh good job there >_>

The only issue I had was when (omg spoiler) the taru chick is going over the legend, I'm pretty sure the dawnmaidens were Zilart and not their own race, but it's been a while since I've done CoP and it may not even matter because it's entirely possible your world is different, right? And explain the things on Montgomery's back D: they kept distracting me from reading

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    It is exceedingly well done. The story wasn't "omg boring" and the effects werent "SEEN IT INGAME" so uh good job there >_>

The only issue I had was when (omg spoiler) the taru chick is going over the legend, I'm pretty sure the dawnmaidens were Zilart and not their own race, but it's been a while since I've done CoP and it may not even matter because it's entirely possible your world is different, right? And explain the things on Montgomery's back D: they kept distracting me from reading
    You're right, the Dawnmaidens were pretty much the clergy of the Zilart.
    Yve'noile is said to have been able to speak with the gods themselves.

The Kuluu were the "secondary" ancient race, which came into creation when the hearts of the Zilart became infected by Emptiness (Altana's doing), which caused them to lose the whisper of the soul (the telekinetic power often seen used by the Zilart). Because the Zilart could no longer see what was in their minds, they feared the Kuluu and imprisoned them within Pso'Xja... which led to the construction of Tu'Lia, the pact made with the Terrestrial Avatars, the Meltdown, and everything else we've seen afterwards.

Other than that plot hole, good job on the video.
    Looking forward to more.

Thank you very much to the above people for mentioning that to me. I had no idea, despite having roz and cop complete. I didn't pay too much attention to the cutscenes.

Well, think of it this way. The explanation of the Legend of the Release was just Lily's version. It could be partially accurate, or totally inaccurate, who knows?

But thanks for clearing that up for me, I can adjust that into the story line now it's been spotted early.

Also thanks for all your comments. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow, very well done! The quality is improving in leaps and bounds every episode. The story is starting to get quite interesting... starting to take on a definite Final Fantasy feel.

I really liked the use of custom effects, everything had a unique look but none of them were overdone. The choreography for the fight at the beginning was great, and Relinquish appearing from the little flame was really cool. I also liked the camera work, the angles were great and any "camera switching" was done seamlessly. It's tough to make a good looking movie using FFXI, but you've really done an amazing job here.

Looking forward to the next episode! ^^

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial
    Thank you very much to the above people for mentioning that to me. I had no idea, despite having roz and cop complete. I didn't pay too much attention to the cutscenes.

Well, think of it this way. The explanation of the Legend of the Release was just Lily's version. It could be partially accurate, or totally inaccurate, who knows?

But thanks for clearing that up for me, I can adjust that into the story line now it's been spotted early.

Also thanks for all your comments. I'm glad you guys liked it.
    Regardless, it was a large step above the typical FFXI video. Great job, can't wait to see the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

You're right, the Dawnmaidens were pretty much the clergy of the Zilart.
    Yve'noile is said to have been able to speak with the gods themselves.

The Kuluu were the "secondary" ancient race, which came into creation when the hearts of the Zilart became infected by Emptiness (Altana's doing), which caused them to lose the whisper of the soul (the telekinetic power often seen used by the Zilart). Because the Zilart could no longer see what was in their minds, they feared the Kuluu and imprisoned them within Pso'Xja... which led to the construction of Tu'Lia, the pact made with the Terrestrial Avatars, the Meltdown, and everything else we've seen afterwards.

Other than that plot hole, good job on the video.
    Looking forward to more.
    I had a word w/ my script editor, who is a professional writer irl, she believes that the Zilart became infected by the Emptiness was Promathia's doing, not Alatanas.

How do you come to believe it was Altana's doing?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wow, this is amazing!!

great job, i tip my hat to you

edit: (have more to say)

the story has an old time rpg feel to it, which i love and think the newer ones, even final fantasies lack.

how long do the episodes take to complete? i ask because id like to know when i can enjoy the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    wow, this is amazing!!

great job, i tip my hat to you

edit: (have more to say)

the story has an old time rpg feel to it, which i love and think the newer ones, even final fantasies lack.

how long do the episodes take to complete? i ask because id like to know when i can enjoy the next episode
    Hello Intense,

I'm glad you enjoyed watching and think this has an 'old time rpg feel'.
    To be perfectly honest I am inspired by several great old RPGs with incredible storylines. My favourites being Grandia, Suikoden II, Legend of Legaia, and Azel Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Each episode takes a different amount of time to complete. From Episode 3 to 4 took one and a half months.

A lot of work goes into the ten to fifteen minutes you see. My main concern is plot. I don't like to have loopholes or unexplained events. Everything in AoR will eventually come to a conclusion and it's my job to make sure it does it smoothly.

I'd like to know more about what the above posters said first, the Emptiness does not or did not have an effect on my story but because I wasn't aware the Zilart and the Dawnmaiden were the same race I would definitely like to know more about Zilart history before I go any further.

But to give you a small idea of how long one episode takes to make, well; Say three days to write the initial script, that includes brainstorming events and who will make an appearance, one to three days for my editor to read over it and make any ammendments to it. Write up the second draft and have her check over that. Then can take up to a week to get everyone where I want them to do filming. Once the filming is done it takes on to two days to get all the photoshopping this, that includes the speech and credits. And takes about two days to edit the whole thing, and several hours to render, convert upload.

AoR is not the only thing I concentrate on, although it should be because I enjoy making it. I have quite a busy line up for the next few months, including other FFXI based series.

An FFXI parody series; Silena Hill. An FFXI comedy series; Relentless. A sky montage for all my sky friends due in December. An FFXI one off comedy; RMT Fantasy. And several others. A busy christmas for me!

I would love to have a trailer for Episode 5 out in late December and the real thing out mid january but for now that is just speculation.

I really need to know about this Emptiness/Altana thing before I begin the next episode lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You said you completed CoP? The CSes in the last few areas (HuXzoi, RuMhet, EmpParadox) should help, because I'm rusty on it all after so many months

I think it has something to do with [omg spoilers]

WE ARE
    WE ARE
    THE YOUTH OF A NATION (no but I couldnt be the only one who thought that in the CS leading up to the EmpParadox BCNM)

The Children of Promathia and not really Altana

If I remember correctly the story of the Zilart is like

They were the first people, some were born without the whisper of the soul (their telekinetic link) because they couldn't understand these people, they shunned them (the Kuluu) The Kuluu got help from the terrestial avatars, went into FeiYin (which was like TuLia's control center I think?) and shut it down. This made massive explosions and caused AlTaeiu to sink into the ocean.

I think that's supposed to be how Altana "sunk them into the ocean" or whatever they always say.

Seth'leus and Bahamut made some sort of pact, which may of very well been the pact with the Terrestial Avatars Jerhyn referenced (which gave birth to the whole FeiYin Disaster?)

[edit: this may be what youre looking for? I think Yve'noile and Seth'leus and something to do with Promathia and omg I remember the cutscene where he's lying face down in Promvyion but I don't ]

Ugh my head hurts trying to remember all this, so sorry if I'm not making too much sense >_>

But after Al'Taieu sank, Tu'Lia remained dormant and Eld'narche and Kamalaunt (whatever his name is) were set adrift at sea and found by a fisherman in the small town of Jeuno and huzzah !

But uh, if that doesnt answer your questions, which is extremely possible, I'd wait until Jerhyn came back to this thread lol

No problem, Rocl. Thank you!

My head also hurts as it's 7AM here and the spelling of my above, and current posts, are atrocious.

I am going to forward all what you have said to Celaeno, my editor, and see what she thinks of this.

I have completed roz and cop, yes. RoZ I liked and understand a little. CoP I did not understand one single CS. Not one. I just had no idea wtf was going on at any point. And it couldn't sink in even if it tried as my CoP static went 1/1 on all Missions (Except the bloody Ix'zdei pots or whatever they called, but that wipe never happened!).

Ahem, anyway. I shall let her know what you've said and I have to go to bed now.

I am trying to get her to register so can be a bit more direct but she has uh, I can't think of the word, the word that's like 'having a reason not to want to do something'.

I should really edit this post in the morning.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I still want to stress I'm just trying my best to remember, I'll actually rewatch the cutscenes later on today or tomorrow or whenever I get free time

I just woke up and saw your post, so I wrote that up real fast remembering as much as I could from my Mog House >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok this is the first forum I've seen where I can ask this god damned question and hope for a real answer.

A few things bug me about the sea - sky relationship to the planet.

Tu'Lia I get (sky) we go up through Ro'Maeve to ancient city of the Gods that only we (the player) + Hereos of the cities can access, to save the world (and apparently all our friends save the world too, so do RMT) That pretty much makes sense, the entire region of it is suspended in itself not extremely far off the ground but not out of the atmosphere of the planet either (clouds still seen above etc etc etc)

But Al'tieu...Al'tieu Al'tieu...great palace and city of the Kuluu and the Gods (Promathia, didn't Bahamut chill up there too? I'm a bit shaky on this) but Basically, to relate to something we can all understand Tu'Lia would basically be the Cloud City (star wars) where as Al'tieu in ESSENCE would be heaven, essence not where it appears, or leads us to think it appears.

#1 It's accessed by our own private airships which only we (and all our friends, and RMT) are lucky enough to have because once again we've saved the world, go us.

#2 Airship access it to the Auroral Updraft (meaning it no longer has to be a tangible plane of existance because the updrafts are NEVER fucking explained, but are able to be traversed by airships)

#3 Clearly no sky, also no night / day transitions. But there is water, it is in fact a SEA, which only further complicates shit. You have marine-esque life in the outside terrain then you have a palace with Aerns (who doesn't think these relate to the Kuluu in some way..i mean just look at the weird tonberry-ish small heads) as well as mobs that seem to be close cousins to the mech. constructions known as the Doll family all over the rest of Vana'diel and sky (I believe the Doll-ness came into story somewhere in RoZ?) All of this supports the "banished to the sea / sunk into the sea" business we get in the story line, except of course that it clearly isn't the same setting as the rest of Vana'diel.

#4 The Empyreal Paradox BCNM, if during AN or 8-4 you get bored and survey the ground below you can CLEARLY see Tu'Lia region below, and not just like HAY IM HIGHER THAN YOU, like looking out from space below.

It all fucking contradicts each other SO badly, but my question through all of this BS is:

Did anyone get a better sense than me of what Al'tieu really is? Is it a trascendant spooky spiritual plane thing? Is it the moon of Vana'diel? Is it heaven and the banishing to the ocean was turning the people into aerns / phuabos / xzomits as punishment?

I'm so fucking confused and the day I got sea long time ago I was rushed through all the CS's for a limbus run, and maybe I've missed some crucial elements here. Any input would be nice because my LS hates me everytime I bug them with it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

wow gj

awesome :D

How many episodes are you making total?

Can't wait to know how this will end :D!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Nice, though you couldn't think of a shorter/cooler name? D:

Everytime I think Aegis I think of that big relic shield and then the main character is a NIN..