Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: interupting spells     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

interupting spells

so we all know it's possible to interupt monster spells with ws's ie kirin stonega and ks99 behe's meteor's my question is about what determines interupt rate? is it damage dealt? number of hits landed? or number of crits? or all... any help with this would be appreciated.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Your skill in said weapon equipped vs that enemies skill in the appropriate magic (stonega 4 would be elemental).
    So more hits just means more chances to interrupt, its still low either way.

but overall a Lvl 30 mandragora can still interupt a lvl 75 casting stoneskin. Imo it's just random, you win some lose some.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'm pretty sure it's crits on WS. Sometimes I try to dancing edge on mobs and if I do a low amount of dmg (no hits crit) the monster keeps casting, but if I get a higher amount of dmg on my WS (where it crit/more hits landed) It usually interrupts.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I'm pretty sure it's crits on WS. Sometimes I try to dancing edge on mobs and if I do a low amount of dmg (no hits crit) the monster keeps casting, but if I get a higher amount of dmg on my WS (where it crit/more hits landed) It usually interrupts.
    gogogo evisceration

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

yeah, I'm pretty sure as well that crits help, but the base formula is basically skill vs skill with crits being a modifier for your advantage.

I was always under the assumption that monsters had some kind of spell interruption rate down trait since by design they are going to have up to 18 people whale on them, without some kind of bonus they would never get a spell off. Of course skill also has a lot to do with it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsea
    I was always under the assumption that monsters had some kind of spell interruption rate down trait since by design they are going to have up to 18 people whale on them, without some kind of bonus they would never get a spell off. Of course skill also has a lot to do with it.
    you mean like how goblin leechers cast aquaveil

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I found it funny >.>

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    yeah, I'm pretty sure as well that crits help, but the base formula is basically skill vs skill with crits being a modifier for your advantage.
    So merited combat abilities have a better chance of interrupting casting then someone with comparable att/acc from gear?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    So merited combat abilities have a better chance of interrupting casting then someone with comparable att/acc from gear?
    Has nothing to do with att/acc (acc will just help you hit more often to give you more chances), but it compares skill purely.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They problably do, but on blm, when 3-4 EP are hitting you, your spell will still go through more often than not. Most HNM are 10 level above you, so they already get a good increase.

Has nothing to do with att/acc (acc will just help you hit more often to give you more chances), but it compares skill purely.
    You seem pretty confident that there's no other possible explanation for what determines spell interruption. Presumably you have either empirical evidence and/or access to the FFXI codebase to back that up?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    You seem pretty confident that there's no other possible explanation for what determines spell interruption. Presumably you have either empirical evidence and/or access to the FFXI codebase to back that up?
    might not necassarily be the best proof(and theres definately more examples than this 1), but getting hit while SJ(half skill) whm or rdm casting blink or SS from an EP almost always get interrupted, but mainjob whm same EP much better chances to finish cast.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    It looks good on paper. It's, to my knowledge, accepted that raising magic skill helps interrupts. Since a Lv.80 Mamool will interrupt a Lv.75 without a leveled magic skill, but might not interrupt one with, you can conclude that simply being a higher level doesn't matter. The only thing left to assume is that it compares skill.

Of course, conjecture conjecture lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

might not necassarily be the best proof(and tehres definately more examples than this 1), but getting hit while SJ(half skill) whm or rdm casting blink or SS from an EP almost always get interrupted, but mainjob whm same EP much better chances to finish cast.
    It's obvious skill level play one of the biggest role, what he means is there could be a few secondary factor that influence it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikopiko
    but overall a Lvl 30 mandragora can still interupt a lvl 75 casting stoneskin. Imo it's just random, you win some lose some.
    Probably cap at 95% like almost everything else.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

I'm 99999999999999999999999% sure that it is NOT damage dealt. In Ballista or even by weak hitting mobs, if I get hit for 1 damage I get interrupted 90% of the time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Arcknight
    I'm 99999999999999999999999% sure that it is NOT damage dealt. In Ballista or even by weak hitting mobs, if I get hit for 1 damage I get interrupted 90% of the time.
    I love when I'm getting savaged by aerns on BLM and they break Stoneskin by single to low double-digit damage and interrupt me, and then sometimes deal half my life and my nuke finishes anyway. Good times.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcknight
    I love when I'm getting savaged by aerns on BLM and they break Stoneskin by single to low double-digit damage and interrupt me, and then sometimes deal half my life and my nuke finishes anyway. Good times.
    I know dmg most likely have no effect, but it's still possible the moment you get hit for "1" dmg, game calculate it like you would have taken 100% dmg from that hit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've been far to sucsessful with Smash Axe for skill vs. skill to be true. I don't usually use it on Kirin, but I own Jailor of Faith's breakga with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast