Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Thandronen
    I haven't trekked up that mountain yet but from the looks of it I'd say it's Ulegeurand Range on steroids. And as much of a pain as that trip to walk up and slide down the ridge was, this looks even more frustrating!

Thanks for the site, I bookmarked it! 8)

I thought it was fun first time I did it, when the area was released. I spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to climb the hill. I was just sad to see there was nothing at the top

Yeah. The first time I went up it was the day after the expansion came out. A bunch of friends and I spent hours trying to get to the top. It was so much fun. Now it's just tedious. They need to put more up there.

I believe all that mountain has to offer is the part for the mission, an ENM item, and those feathers. Though it's virtually impossible to get those one and two minute ones. I'm by no means perfect, but I can't get to the top in two minutes. Hell, I can barely do it in five. >_>

In reguards to the video:

Do another, during daytime, and in 3rd person, because it's very hard to make it out.

I plan on doing another one in the day. I just need the patience. Doing it in third person is really difficult. When you're in first person, it's a lot easier to stay against the wall. In third person, you have a better chance of falling off the side because of how the controls are.

In any case, I'll give it a go. I don't work tomorrow so I'll toy with it a bit. I guess if I went really slow I could do it. Then just speed up the video when I edit it. Hmm. We shall see. =D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Getting to the top is pretty easy. Finding your way out of the fucking place after you go back down takes me twice as long.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    Getting to the top is pretty easy. Finding your way out of the fucking place after you go back down takes me twice as long.
    Someone please share the correct way of getting off that godforsaken rock. Takes me like a minute to get up, then I get lost and the weird walls block me and THEY'RE CLOSING IN AHHHHHHHH

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The mountain is very easy to climb if you have a good video card.
    For some reasons bad videocards have some problems where the walls and little steps bounce you off to the side and sometimes even completely off the mountain.
    A bit of it is also skill and memorization, but if you have two computers with different videocards you can definitely see the difference.

Btw, I don't think i've seen any specific info on even how to flag the regain feather miniquest.. anybody knows how to actually flag it?

I don't think you actually need a quest. You find that stone thinger in the sand somewhere at the base and take it to the top. If it takes me over five minutes to get to the top, spending only a minute waiting for spouts, how the hell could you possibly get there in a minute for the best item? I have a feeling that it's Square Enix's way of catching POSers. Oh well.

I've got a pretty good graphics card so that's not the problem. It's just controlling my character in such a tight area. Rotating the camera sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miruka
    Someone please share the correct way of getting off that godforsaken rock. Takes me like a minute to get up, then I get lost and the weird walls block me and THEY'RE CLOSING IN AHHHHHHHH
    Go off the same side you came on. If you come on from the eastern-most side, go off from the same side. Look down at where you started. Then just go counter-clockwise around the top of the mountain and back to the entrance.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Way I've always used is to drop off the northwest corner, falling off the west side of the mountain rather than the north (you can get stuck on the wrong side of a black spout off the north side). The exit is almost straight north even with the west edge of the mountain.

Demenicold

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera
    Way I've always used is to drop off the northwest corner, falling off the west side of the mountain rather than the north (you can get stuck on the wrong side of a black spout off the north side). The exit is almost straight north even with the west edge of the mountain.
    NW corner just make sure you don't go to far north or you'll fall on the east side of miasma and it's a longer walk out. Otherwise just /whm or have a whm with you to Tele-mea it take about to same time to tele as it does to just walk back.

And btw Ul range is 100x's more frusterating than this... once you do Attowa a few time the climb is simple, no matter how many times you do Ul range the true sights are still there.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My hat goes off to the OP player. You rock. I will keep that website in mind the next time someone I know has an issue with the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic
    And btw Ul range is 100x's more frusterating than this... once you do Attowa a few time the climb is simple, no matter how many times you do Ul range the true sights are still there.
    Yeah. The true sights are what make the zone tough. Otherwise, it's a big counter-closewise circle. I actually got the map, and it's really nothing too horrific. It's just really big, and it takes forever to get to the Jormy area. Aside from that, it's just the Whatevertuars.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

this site is a waste of the internet, don't you know it has limited space left???

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

the mountain is so much more easier to climb in third person view. the combination of moving your char and camera angle is what keeps you from falling.

After time and time and time again, I finally sorta got that mountain down. There is a term my ls likes to use when ppl are lost, it's called Silmitis. So yea... Also, just a lil note, remove movement speed increase gear to climb, ie crimson, gaiters..., I noticed one section I always fell off while wearing, climb barefoot!

Loved the site, great job lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    this site is a waste of the internet, don't you know it has limited space left???
    TBH this site is in the top 3% of the internet, seriously most stuff on the internet is spam/scan/lame crap.

Anyways good site for anyone who got stuck on this but i am 1/1 for climbing the mountain with no assistance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    Your post is a waste of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshasha
    Doing it in third person is really difficult. When you're in first person, it's a lot easier to stay against the wall. In third person, you have a better chance of falling off the side because of how the controls are.
    Say again? On the contrary, I find it harder to move around in single person since I dont have a global view of my suroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshasha
    Doing it in third person is really difficult. When you're in first person, it's a lot easier to stay against the wall. In third person, you have a better chance of falling off the side because of how the controls are.
    Say again? On the contrary, I find it harder to move around in single person since I dont have a global view of my suroundings.
    I find it far easier in third person too.

Demosthenes11

In regards to the feathers, I believe there is a spawn point for the item you trade to the cradle at the very top...not positive, but pretty sure there is one but a rare spawn