Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

You Suck at Climbing to the Top of Attohwa Chasm

I read much more than I post so I figured I'd make a thread. Buy yeah... guess I need a story for this first. I took a really long break from FFXI while I was working and schooling and all that fun stuff. I've been playing a lot more lately, and some guys from my linkshell asked if I wanted to do the Boneyard Gully ENM. Okay- sure. What I forgot was that I had to climb to the top of that damn mountain. It's bad enough that you have to do it at all. What sucks even more is that it's a damn pain in the ass if you don't have the route memorized.

I decided to wing it. About ten minutes of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I decided to ask for help. Maybe there was a website that could help me. The first response I got from a guy in my party: Yeah- go to yousuckatclimbing dot com. Unfortunately, that website didn't exist, and I was out of luck. The bastards had the path memorized and didn't want to help me.

After looking around the net, I found some fairly decent instructions and made my way to the top. Afterwards, I vowed to never let it happen again! So out of spite to the guy who told me the site, I used my free GoDaddy hosting credits and made the site.

For those who need help making their way to the top of the mountain in Attohwa Chasm, just remember one thing: You Suck at Climbing!

I know... I'm without a life. It was fun though, and I didn't have to pay anything. =P I would have never used the free hosting on anything else.

You Suck at Climbing

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

prolly gonna get a bunch on "banished" posts, but i thought it was pretty funny...lol @ making a video as well.

I care not what people think. I had fun with it. The video sucked making. After I memorized it, it actually took me four attempts to get it right. The first time, I got about a fourth of the way up and fell off. The second time I got about half way and fell off. The third time fraps actually quit on me and I didn't know until I got about three-fourths of the way or so. Then the last I finally got it. But it was night and it didn't really seem that dark on my screen when I did it. >_>; Hmm...

Oh well. Maybe I'll do it again some day... in the far future. =P

Banned.

BG Level

that fucking owns

edit: i have it memorized too, its not like i WONT help people, its that its all visual, not verbal

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If only someone can make one for regain feather now.

There's this one bend that some people, on some computers, will always boot them off. It happened a few times to some of my friends, and sometimes I had to log on a person's character just to get them past that bend.

I'll have to agree with that. Now that I actually have it memorized, some of my linkshell members have asked me to verbally take them through it. Unless you can specifically see where they're at, it's nearly impossible to help them. I ended up teleporting there and just taking them up to the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by freja
    There's this one bend that some people, on some computers, will always boot them off. It happened a few times to some of my friends, and sometimes I had to log on a person's character just to get them past that bend.
    Yep. I know which one you're talking about. Half way through my movie it happens three times in a row. You have to walk up it just right or it throws you off to the side. If you don't catch it quickly, you fall to the ground. Haha.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Holy shit, where are you from in Iowa? I have only seen Groovebox... he lives in Iowa City.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

"i fell..."

"sucks to be you."

eeeeeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Holy shit, where are you from in Iowa? I have only seen Groovebox... he lives in Iowa City.
    I live in Sioux City. It's in the top left corner of the state. Sucks. ._.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reshasha
    Weak... I'm all the way to the east in Cedar Rapids.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

RMT is always to the east...

Quote Originally Posted by Reshasha
    Weak... I'm all the way to the east in Cedar Rapids.
    =P I go to Cedar Rapids all the time to see my uncle.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

naked?

This is like that Seinfeld episode where George organizes a fake meeting and flies across the country just to use a comeback on a guy that zinged him

but I like it! good work 8)

JERK STORE!

Banned.

BG Level

The ocean called, they want their shrimp back.

I hate that mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    The ocean called, they want their shrimp back.
    What's up, BRP? Haha. Haven't seen you forever. I assume you're the BRP I know. >_>

Banned.

BG Level

Nothing much.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I haven't trekked up that mountain yet but from the looks of it I'd say it's Ulegeurand Range on steroids. And as much of a pain as that trip to walk up and slide down the ridge was, this looks even more frustrating!

Thanks for the site, I bookmarked it! 8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast