+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Diamond Trailer~     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blood Diamond Trailer~

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/bloodd ... large.html

Pretty well done trailer. Not much of a Dicaprio fan but I heard his accent is pretty accurate in this one. Djimon looks to be the acting powerhouse in this one as usual, and J.Con is gorgeous as usual. Hopefully they'll make use of her acting abilities also. Looks like somewhat of a cliche storyline, but its done by the director of Glory and The Last Samurai, so looks definately to be worth the $10 at the movies. Anyone else interested?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

same guy who played that leader slave from Amistad = you know its gonna be a good movie

DiCaprio, despite being under a shitload of tabloid pressure awhile back, has done some pretty good performances...The Aviator was a very good movie even though it was way too fricken long, didnt get to see The Departed but i heard it was pretty good too, but DiCaprio has also done some subpar works before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

DiCaprio has been really improving his acting a lot since I first saw him in Romeo + Juliet in middle school. I loved his performance in Catch Me if You Can. I might be interested in seeing this one too.

Plus it's got Jennifer Connely, the little girl from Labyrinth all grown up. XD

Looks okay, just not a big fan of Dicaprio

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    same guy who played that leader slave from Amistad = you know its gonna be a good movie

DiCaprio, despite being under a shitload of tabloid pressure awhile back, has done some pretty good performances...The Aviator was a very good movie even though it was way too fricken long, didnt get to see The Departed but i heard it was pretty good too, but DiCaprio has also done some subpar works before.
    The Aviator and the Departed completely changed my view of DiCaprio. He's really doing some good stuff.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I love lovelo lvoelvoekvlasjfalkfjakva Leonardo DiCaprio, so I want to see this movie SO bad it's redonkulous. But not just for him! I also really like the concept of the movie, and it looks like a pimp action flick. Can'tttt waitttttt omgg.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

looks good. I rarely go to the movies anymore but this one is worth going to see i think.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I can’t see why anyone would hate on DiCaprio.   He’s a wicked actor, ever since The Basketball D iaries or whatever his first movie was.  Must be m ore Titanic backlash, or maybe The Beach backlash  lol.

Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed, al l great movies he’s done kinda recently.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    I can’t see why anyone would hate on DiCaprio.   He’s a wicked actor, ever since The Basketball D iaries or whatever his first movie was.  Must be m ore Titanic backlash, or maybe The Beach backlash  lol.

Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed, al l great movies he’s done kinda recently.
    how did you change your font?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

what was the movie called where Leo played a Teacher's pet sex toy? I remember the film used to get played on IFC, in the late 90's, about 2-3 times a week.

What subpar works? I can't recall any. Not arguing i'm just curious.

I can't wait for this movie if he puts on another Oscar worthy performance like he did in The Departed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Leo's (fake) accent drops soo many times in the TRAILER... They should have left it alone -.- But it does look good.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar

how did you change your font?
    I just forgot to turn of japanese IME.

Oh and didn't realize who the other actor was until I watched the trailer, Djimon has been good in everything I saw him in. He was awesome in Gladiator.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

What subpar works? I can't recall any. Not arguing i'm just curious.

I can't wait for this movie if he puts on another Oscar worthy performance like he did in The Departed.
    I was gonna say The Beach but i forgot the title of it, and i didnt wanna say "The Island movie" cause The Island and The Beach are totally different lol.....that was a pretty subpar movie to me, the point of the movie just slapped you in the face for about 2 hours and never really got suspenseful...i cant think of anything else DiCaprio has been a bad actor in right now, Romeo+Juliet i thought was actually a good movie cause it was so inovative...and Titanic, even though it was the biggest "gag me" love story ever written, had some good acting in it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

dont hate on the actors for the writing! maybe the directing... but not the writing!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Catch Me If you Can was an awesome movie, and so was Gangs of New York. He's in alot of really sweet movies, and he's sometimes the reason why alot of them are so hot.

Blood Diamond is doing a funny thing with its Myspace advertising. It's friending people and trying to get them aware of the diamond industry and its negative impact on SA life. Linking to CNN and Time about the trade. It's obviously trying to promote the movie, but instead of going on and on about how omgthismovieisgreat the movie is, they're talking about the ACTUAL situation, which I think is a smart move.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Now if we could only convince women that the truest icon of love should be something other than a diamond...