FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    The best of both worlds would be a NPC assault where you could level your adventuring fellow in peace while earing special assault points that you could spend on equipment for fellows. /sigh
    This would be awesome, but I can understand why SE wouldnt do that. Finding a balance would be extremely hard, and a bunch of job couldn't do it. Nin+ npc healer is much stronger than brd+ any npc. Blm+ npc doesn't really work.

But again, since when did SE cared about balance
    That's why you balance the assault to the style of the NPC and provide plenty of temporary items. Most people would go in with shield NPCs, provide them with X-Potions, X-Ethers, Fellow X-Potions, and Fellow Super Ethers. Tanks would go in with healing NPCs, so they would want X-Potions and Fellow Super Ethers. Jobs that solo well (RDM, DRG/WHM, and BLU) would go in with attacker NPCs, so they would want Super Ethers and Fellow X-Potions.

Also, they need to make bard songs affect Fellows. Trion gets song buffss in the San d'Orian 9-2 mission fight, there is no reason Adventuring Fellows shouldn't get them as well.

All it would take is a little creativity and making a few new medicines that affect NPCs. I know, I know- I am a wide-eyed optimist.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All it would take is a little creativity and making a few new medicines that affect NPCs. I know, I know- I am a wide-eyed optimist.
    Snap out of it man! You know this isn't healthy for you! Come back to the uncaring side of pessimism.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiggidySchwah
    You're not missing out on anything. MNK is lame, you should just power level it to 37.
    I was sarcastic.
    I'm confused. Who's whooshing who now?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That's why you balance the assault to the style of the NPC and provide plenty of temporary items. Most people would go in with shield NPCs, provide them with X-Potions, X-Ethers, Fellow X-Potions, and Fellow Super Ethers. Tanks would go in with healing NPCs, so they would want X-Potions and Fellow Super Ethers. Jobs that solo well (RDM, DRG/WHM, and BLU) would go in with attacker NPCs, so they would want Super Ethers and Fellow X-Potions.

Also, they need to make bard songs affect Fellows. Trion gets song buffss in the San d'Orian 9-2 mission fight, there is no reason Adventuring Fellows shouldn't get them as well.

Well, I guess a blitzkrieg type of assault could work. Give a ton of item, with mobs so easy it doesnt matter what job you are, you just one shot them every swings. Not challenging maybe, but it's always fun to murder an army of defenseless mamool.

In any case, I'm not expecting SE to ever continue what they started with NPC. Probably gonna rot for a long time, even if they are still useful in old area.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I had a level 75 BST/NIN killing Colibri with charmed Date Eruca in Bhaf Thickets...why a 75 BST/NIN dual wielding axes would kill them is beyond me...he had obviously had capped axe I would hope...after all wtf else does BST use....shitty thing about BST is they take up 2 mobs as it is....and I can see a BST thats exping but wtf a 75 BST? on DC mobs?..

Kuftal NPC armys (like 6+ppl with NPC >.>) have ruined exp there for me before, Robber Crabs are nice if you can get a PT with a lolSkillchain + Freeze MB..and nothing else really good seeking, not always the best EXP..but yeah its decent...and oh yeah one of those RDMs that knows to dispel always helps too...

People with NPCs going to same places people EXP for same reason as 75s skilling up or farming Kindred Seals or whatever in EXP areas...people are not adventerous enough to explore or just enjoy pissing people off...

In general I tend to notice BSTs and NPC levelers being asses more than other types of jobs, but I am a firm believer that there are just as many assholes with non solo type jobs..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

kinda odd cause ive seen 75bst's doing the same thing there...

I hear you, after leveling that 5th melee job to 37, I find new and interesting things to do all the time.
    well i dont think the example of levelling that 5th melee job suits much, especially MNK after WAR; it's quite extreme.
    at least THF or RNG would probably set you pulling, NIN would make you tank (sorta) not to mention PLD WHM RDM BLM BRD SMN BLU BST COR PUP which would give quite an appealing variation to that "crtl+A, WS" you found boring.

anyway that's what qualifies a "rant" over "elaborate critic everyone should agree with"...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

Well, I guess a blitzkrieg type of assault could work. Give a ton of item, with mobs so easy it doesnt matter what job you are, you just one shot them every swings. Not challenging maybe, but it's always fun to murder an army of defenseless mamool.

In any case, I'm not expecting SE to ever continue what they started with NPC. Probably gonna rot for a long time, even if they are still useful in old area.
    I think they are going to continue the NPC story after they finish the main ToAU storyline. (They added in Fellows on the same patch that ended the CoP storyline.)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

God I hope so. Levelling the NPC to 70+ and being able to call them in ToAU areas would solve 90% of my "I get on late and only the scrubs are left lfg" problems.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

and I can see a BST thats exping but wtf a 75 BST? on DC mobs?..
    seal farming + IS farming..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Im sure there are much more productive things in Aht Urgan which a BST can farm..I am not aware of any good drops from Colibri...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If people want to play with their "NPC Fellows." its called FFXII. When you are done playing with yourself (/grin) then come back to the online version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    God I hope so. Levelling the NPC to 70+ and being able to call them in ToAU areas would solve 90% of my "I get on late and only the scrubs are left lfg" problems.
    Especially with PUP and BST, both of which have an effective 3 person party for the price of one. SMN to a lesser degree due to the most xp efficient soloing method requiring the SMN not to engage at all.

Only conundrum with PUP is do you go with a healer NPC + DD automaton, or an attacker NPC + healer automaton... since my NPC kicks ass, and is 65 (I'm 64), it would probably steal hate a lot as an attacker if I went /NIN, at least until I'm 67-68 or higher. Then again, so would my automaton since my Sharpshot pulls hate way too often on Colibri in a regular xp PT, so I'd have no chance to keep hate off it solo. I'd probably be stuck having two healers to make it work. Oh well.

(By the way, to you other lolPUPs out there... I tried Light+Fire+Wind and my Sharpshot rarely pulled hate... I switched to Fire+Wind+Thunder and he got his butt kicked repeatedly, so without a parse, I'm guessing that's a pretty effective combo. This was with Optical Fiber, Ten.Spring II + Attuner, Stabilizer + Target Marker + Dynamo, Scope + Turbo Charger)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Re: /rant

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Okay so I'm really pissed right now and I just have to vent myself. I'm trying to level my fucking BLM in Kuftal Tunnel. Not only have I had to deal with three shitty parties, mass DCs, and morons who do nothing but static, but now I would like to take this moment to personally thank SE for implementing the NPC system. Thank you SE for finding yet another way to extract rudeness from people and enact upon it nigh.

Been down in the tunnel now for about thirty minutes, AFTER having to find a replacement for someone who didn't even start xping in the party he made, and sure enough, two people come charging down the ramp and start manifesting every crab and lizard with sleeping magic and anything they can get their hands on. When kindly asked to leave or at least share, no direct communication or diplomacy is ensued. Instead, more mobs are taken.

Gumbyisthebest and Fireman of Bahamut, thank you for making me waste my time.

I would like to propose from here on out, any mother fucker caught leveling their NPC in a high traffic XP zone, needs not only to die from cancer and AIDS, but I'm seriously going to fucking stalk your low-level XP parties henceforth. Others should uphold this as well.

End rant.

Wow, sounds like someone doesn't know how to search areas for people already lvling in those areas. I won't go with a party unless there is enough stuff to kill without having to worry about people taking our exp. Its all about planning and preparation, not blindly going to the most crowded exp spots and then complaining about other people being there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rilu
    Okay so I'm really pissed right now and I just have to vent myself. I'm trying to level my fucking BLM in Kuftal Tunnel. Not only have I had to deal with three shitty parties, mass DCs, and morons who do nothing but static, but now I would like to take this moment to personally thank SE for implementing the NPC system. Thank you SE for finding yet another way to extract rudeness from people and enact upon it nigh.

Been down in the tunnel now for about thirty minutes, AFTER having to find a replacement for someone who didn't even start xping in the party he made, and sure enough, two people come charging down the ramp and start manifesting every crab and lizard with sleeping magic and anything they can get their hands on. When kindly asked to leave or at least share, no direct communication or diplomacy is ensued. Instead, more mobs are taken.

I would like to propose from here on out, any mother fucker caught leveling their NPC in a high traffic XP zone, needs not only to die from cancer and AIDS, but I'm seriously going to fucking stalk your low-level XP parties henceforth. Others should uphold this as well.

End rant.

Wow, sounds like someone doesn't know how to search areas for people already lvling in those areas. I won't go with a party unless there is enough stuff to kill without having to worry about people taking our exp. Its all about planning and preparation, not blindly going to the most crowded exp spots and then complaining about other people being there.
    Unless you were there first.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

End rant.

Unless you were there first.
    Yeah, but how is someone supposed to know that's what happened to the OP?

Oh yeah, read the post. Silly me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

End rant.

If you would have read the post you might have been able to pick up on that.

I know better than to complain about people that are already there... and they weren't which is why I'm bitching. :D