Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I just can't do it...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

mrfrowniepants

I just can't do it...

I am literally 0/21 on Cursed Cuisses-1. I just can't do it, dark crystals suck.

I craft on Full Moon and usually on Fire/Dark/Watersday. Any tips?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You aint seen nothing yet. Took me 79 synths to get a pair of cursed leggings-1 which are also teir 1.

I have had great luck though on those alchemy pieces with my mule, never go full moon (i dont care what people say about moon phases but i can't hq for shit on full moon). I always synth them on Lightsday New Moon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you think 0/21 on a tier 1 is bad... Oh boy, welcome to crafting!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

1/6 -1 gloves, 1/2 -1 mask, 1/11 -1 body :wink:

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I started 1/12 on Cuisses, now I'm like 4/30 or something.

Wyrmal sells slow as molasses, hands -1 only sell to 2nd job RNG who want to be pimp, feet -1 to... people who want white borders, pants -1 to someone who got enough ullis to pop a few kirins AND want white borders, head and body are rare HQs from kings so nuff said.

Try light's day full moon.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

0/60 someodd divine logs. As someone said before, welcome to crafting.

Synth whenever the fuck you feel like it and don't listen to anyone else.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    Try light's day full moon.
    Aside from the fact that it's possible to hq it with roughly the same hq rate at any game time, and with the knowledge that you made a thread about the fact that you are 'literally 0/21' on a tier1 synth which is incredibly common, you can synth comfortably knowing that light's day full moon produced 4/12 hq results for someone Nore and I know. It's like... guaranteed to hq if you find the right day.....

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    agree

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Screw tier 1's, 0/40 on a dam nomad mantle+1 signed... and its a common synth

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

Did a single run of about 4/44 elemental staves on 45% First Quarter Moon. It was dreadful so I marked the moon phase down for future blacklisting.
    Next time I went to synth a big batch I checked clock and damnit, exact 45% First Quarter Moon again. My laziness conquered my fear so I synthed anyway and did around 35% HQ rate compared to the previous 11%. (Similar sized batch but didn't record exact numbers; it'd be equivelant to 15/44.) So yeah, I don't care about when I synth, unless it's a big ticket item and darksday.

As for Cursed Cuisses, I have my best rate on those compared to Hands/Feet. I'm currently at:
    5/39 Cuisses-1 (13%)
    3/98 F Gauntlets-1 (3%)
    4/57 Greaves-1 (7%)
    Has me wondering if Cuisses has a better chance because it reaches a raw Tier1 w/o support, compared to Hands/Feet which I have to use support to reach tier.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeny
    So yeah, I don't care about when I synth, unless it's a big ticket item and darksday.
    So you don't believe in moon phase but you do believe in crystal vs. day of the week?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've done my fair share of crafting and have repeatedly found a profound increase in breaks on darksday/day strong vs crystal while skilling up.

Because I'm lazy/stubborn I still do it where money isn't the issue (plus when breaksynthing), so I still see the comparisons - vice only synthing on certain days and saying, "my success rate is good on the only days I synth, therefore it must suck on the days I don't synth." I do it all and see the difference. 1466 levels across all crafts/subs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The worst possible times to synth any Crimson (personal experience, 400+ synths)

• Lightsday

• Darksday

• Full Moon

• 40%-60% moon (both going up and down)

my -1 legs took about 40 synths to do, thankfully i made them the day before my LS did vrtra, or i would have been forced to uncurse an NQ.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz
    The worst possible times to synth any Crimson (personal experience, 400+ synths)

• Lightsday

• Darksday

• Full Moon

• 40%-60% moon (both going up and down)

my -1 legs took about 40 synths to do, thankfully i made them the day before my LS did vrtra, or i would have been forced to uncurse an NQ.
    So to the guy I know who went 4/12 hq on the -1 legs during Full Moon Lightsday you would say...?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I used to care about that shit. When I used to keep track of that stuff, I had a good streak on Scorpion Harness synths, on Darksday, facing North, during a certain moon phase % that now eludes my memory. I continued to synth them under the same conditions. Ended up out of 50 synths going 23/50 HQ with one break. Continuing to do the same, of the next 30 synths, I HQ'd 1 of those 30, and broke 6 (all 80 synths were at 100+3 Bone and 60+1+3 Leather).

In my opinion, if there's any benefit from synthing on a day/moon/facing/etc, it's a marginal % gain at best, much like magic can gain certain benefits under certain conditions.

Ex: A spell (we'll say Stone) that would normally do 100 damage can potentially do 130 under earthsday and double weather. I feel crafting follows the same rules, in that, let's say an earth synth has a 10% HQ chance based on your tier. If you're on earthsday and double earth weather, you have a CHANCE of the HQ rate being increased to 13% for that synth.

Not really worth waiting around for, in my opinion, though if it's there or close I try to take advantage of it.