+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Ahriman fight?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Help with Ahriman fight?

Right now I'm at the Ahriman fight, in Sophen Caves (sp). So far this is the hardest boss battle for me... I can get it to 10% or so but I just don't have enough remedies to stop the doom. I usually try just unloading with quickenings, and that brings it down far, but then it goes absolutely crazy and divides into a billion pieces and I have no idea what to really do. I try attacking the clones and they don't seem to go away, just by random luck do I seem to narrow them down, but I usually have multiples of them up until everyone is dying or low on health. By the time this is all over, it does Master Eye and just one-shots everyone over and over. I also only have about 3 phoenix downs.

what are your levels? are all 6 chars capable of fighting or do u only use 3?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Everyone is about level 30-31, Ashe is level 36.

Fran/Balthier have 3 quickenings, everyone else has 2.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did this a few days ago at I think 34 or 35 and didn't need Quickenings for the end, so you might just want to level a little bit more. I just basically found the real one and zerged it down while having one person spamming Cura on everyone. Having 5 or 6 of Ahriman attacking everyone seemed a bigger problem then Doom for me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Beat it, I found out you can cura the pops. Much better...and it's better to not zerg rush it at start too but towards the end. :X

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Did this one yesterday, and my party levels are roughly the same as yours. Vaan is 37-ish, rest is 28-32. I swapped gear in mid battle to make sure Fran wouldn't get immobilised. I let her cast a -ga spell when it cloned itself, and this would usually wipe all clones from the screen. (Anti-immoblise gear because she got stuck out of range sometimes.)

I also had only 4 remedies. Used 2. Just keep doom on till the timer reached 2 or so, because he slaps it on you rather fast. Just make sure your tank is saved from doom. I didn't even care much about the rest. Phoenix down was quicker.

As a tip, you might really want to level for your next boss fight.... Think I spent 15(!) phoenix downs just to keep the fight going. >_>

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Took me a few trys, but I finally beat this recently too. Vaan was 29, everyone else 14(lolFran)-28. It was a bitch, more then once I had all 3 characters simueltaniously confused.. in which they killed themselves in a heartbeat. I only had 4 phoenix downs, so that didnt help either. On my winning attempt, I managed to take out all 5 of its Clones (last split) with an Inferno Combo, pretty lucky.

Watch out for the move it spams at low life, Master Eye or something like that. I wasnt expecting it on my winning attempt as it was the first time i made it that far, and it decimated me(big single target damage, one-shotted my vaan at relatively high life). Ended up killing it with a knot of rust on my level 14 Fran, the only character left alive after I ran out of MP and Phoenixs.

hey zetah!

off topic, but did you get the Deathbringer yet?

A good strategy is to set everyone's gambits for Foe: Highest Max HP - Attack. This way you can always tell which is which. Whichever one they are targetting is the boss. You can tell which one they are targetting by pressing X to bring up the command menu and looking at the red line. When you know which one it is, you know which one to use quickenings on. This will prevent you from accidentally using a quickening on one of the weak ones. Aside from that, if you get too many small ones around and you're getting surrounded, just hit Flee and run around for a while. They will disappear on their own.

This is one reason i hated how fast i lvled while farming/preparing for elite marks.. Because when it came time to get back on the story i was WAY overlvled (like lvl 60-70 for that fight). So while some people had an awesome battle, i 2 shotted everything...

Is it so hard to program: Boss lvl = your lvl + 10...

When I fought Ahriman I "marked" the boss with some status effects. The clones don't share them, so it's easy to stay on target.

But I was way overleveled too (level 51).

I'm thinking of switching in the B team for story battles, and keeping the A team for the hunts. I really wish the random enemies and bosses leveled with you as you progressed through the game though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

By that time I was around 36 with my mains (Basch, Ashe and Vaan). Everyone has 3 quickenings. I basically melee'd the shit out of it until it starts becoming a bitch (Doom for example) then Quickening the living fuck out of it. I then start subbing in characters from the outside (really weak) to use Quickenings to finish off the thing if the first one didn't do it. Pretty easy for me.

Yea I think I had everyone hit an Elixir so I could get an extra round of quickenings in too. That was one fight I wasn't going to risk losing, considering how far back the save point was.

I had zodiac spear by the time I fought Ahriman. Go get it if ya can

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    This is one reason i hated how fast i lvled while farming/preparing for elite marks.. Because when it came time to get back on the story i was WAY overlvled (like lvl 60-70 for that fight). So while some people had an awesome battle, i 2 shotted everything...

Is it so hard to program: Boss lvl = your lvl + 10...
    Now would that check the level of the team you enter the room with, the average level of all 6 characters, the level of the highest single character, or would it change dynamically depending on which characters you have out at any given moment? Any of these has ways to manipulate it, and besides, equipment is more important than level for many fights.

only fight i've had difficulty with is Fafnir so far...he's still sitting there unclaimed

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Caocao
    When I fought Ahriman I "marked" the boss with some status effects. The clones don't share them, so it's easy to stay on target.

But I was way overleveled too (level 51).

I'm thinking of switching in the B team for story battles, and keeping the A team for the hunts. I really wish the random enemies and bosses leveled with you as you progressed through the game though.
    that is a damn good idea lol I think I'll do that too. That battle took me a long time cause I was stealing constantly lol. But again i was way over lvled for it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zanz L. Barre The 3rd
    Did you just walk into the nechrhol (sp) and grab that shit and run? Or is there another one in the game I havent heard about?

Im just past the little shit Mandragoras which are by far the most annoying boss in the game thus far.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jeveh
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanz L. Barre The 3rd
    Did you just walk into the nechrhol (sp) and grab that shit and run? Or is there another one in the game I havent heard about?

Im just past the little shit Mandragoras which are by far the most annoying boss in the game thus far.
    Just kill the King first with quickenings, and after that theyre cake. Hes the one that hits for 1000+, all the rest are weak.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never actually noticed them doing much damage at all. The only thing that was annoying was the fact they kept running around like retards D: