Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What colour is Adaman Hauberk?

Voters
1086. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

541 49.82%
  • Purple

494 45.49%
  • Blurple

51 4.70%
Closed Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarwen
    At least my "borrowed" picture actually has a hauberk in it, skewed as it may be...and I'm the uneducated one. wth.
    Uhh... what? Where did you come from and what was that supposed to mean? This has to do with NynJa using a bad image to find a value to compare to my value taken straight from the .dat image, and has nothing to do with my diagram of the effects of desaturating a 360° hue model...

P.S. If "blue" only applies to 1 single value of [0,0,255] out of ~16.7 million possibilities in 8-bit color... then Adaman Hauberk is a blue.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Wanted to ding my 1000th post here. So here it is :D

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just level up to Millenary Post Whore?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    At least my "borrowed" picture actually has a hauberk in it, skewed as it may be...and I'm the uneducated one. wth.
    Uhh... what? Where did you come from and what was that supposed to mean? This has to do with NynJa using a bad image to find a value to compare to my value taken straight from the .dat image, and has nothing to do with my diagram of the effects of desaturating a 360° hue model...

P.S. If "blue" only applies to 1 single value of [0,0,255] out of ~16.7 million possibilities in 8-bit color... then Adaman Hauberk is a blue.
    Where did I come from? Let's just skip the formalities for now, shall we?

What the rest means, is well pretty much what it said. At least the "bad image" is of a Hauberk. It looks like a hauberk, anyway...we know where the sample of color taken is from. I don't see proof in your "Effects of desaturating a 360..blah blah blah" that the value you've marked as adaman hauberk came straight "from the from the values from the .dat image." What I mean to say, is if you're going to make an argument, at least make the argument in full, or you're just not convincing.

47 pages of blue/purple debate? I just like it for the stats. Couldn't care less if it was blue, purple, red, or hot pink.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Where did I come from? Let's just skip the formalities for now, shall we?

What the rest means, is well pretty much what it said. At least the "bad image" is of a Hauberk. It looks like a hauberk, anyway...we know where the sample of color taken is from. I don't see proof in your "Effects of desaturating a 360..blah blah blah" that the value you've marked as adaman hauberk came straight "from the from the values from the .dat image." What I mean to say, is if you're going to make an argument, at least make the argument in full, or you're just not convincing.
    That diagram was not an argument. It's an example. It's showing what happens to colors when they are desaturated because they look a lot different than what people are used to and I also happened to mark where the value of Adaburk approximately lands on it. Not "Effects of desaturating a 360 blah blah blah..." as you elequently put.

So, I don't know what you're talking about or why because that diagram wasn't meant to be any real proof of anything. I don't know why you come out of left field and try and argue about this as if this is the only image/diagram I've posted on the subject because I said your JPEG of a SCREENSHOT of a MODEL VIEWER rendition of the .DAT was a shitty image to pick to get an accurate color value from... which it is. The first image I posted was a picture of an Adaman Hauberk... so lolz 2 u?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

They have color tests for certain organizations/jobs which are indepth color tests, perhaps those seeing purple vs us who know its really blue, would fail that specific color test. Colorblindness has mildness and extremes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

3 more pages and I was right about this topic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In commemoration of this grand debate and of my new title, I present...

<---- This.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The end-all quote that sums up the ruthless logic of Purpleburk:

Quote Originally Posted by Charitwo
    You don't seem to get that I don't care what kind of numbers, values, or proofs you throw at me.

I know what I see, and I see "purple".
    You're seeing blue and calling it purple. This will forever be true until you either start calling it blue or the CIE decides to change the name of light wavelengths of 450~500nm to "purple."

Then I'll be working with RGP values. My can of Pepsi will be a Cyan-Purple. When I get sad I'll tell people I'm feeling purple and probably listen to some purples. I'll refer to my very loyal friend as being true-purple and bake him a purpleberry pie as thanks. And, once in a purple-moon, I'll think back to the days when we didn't call blue "purple."

I think I've beat this dead horse long enough. Time to go headshot some locusts and collect some COGs.

P.S. LOL...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The end-all quote that sums up the ruthless logic of Purpleburk:

You don't seem to get that I don't care what kind of numbers, values, or proofs you throw at me.

I know what I see, and I see "purple".
    You're seeing blue and calling it purple. This will forever be true until you either start calling it blue or the CIE decides to change the name of light wavelengths of 450~500nm to "purple."

Then I'll be working with RGP values. My can of Pepsi will be a Cyan-Purple. When I get sad I'll tell people I'm feeling purple and probably listen to some purples. I'll refer to my very loyal friend as being true-purple and bake him a purpleberry pie as thanks. And, once in a purple-moon, I'll think back to the days when we didn't call blue "purple."

I think I've beat this dead horse long enough. Time to go headshot some locusts and collect some COGs.

P.S. LOL...
    you called it indigo before you shmuck, and it was deduced that indigo falls under the violet spectrum.

gtfo ffs

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    you called it indigo before you shmuck, and it was deduced that indigo falls under the violet spectrum.
    No, I didn't. You're really good at making things up.

Fun Fact: Our CRT and LCD output devices are almost completely incapable of recreating the violet end of the visible light spectrum. Good job, 'you shmuck.'

blah
    I'm not seeing blue, I am seeing purple. Thanks.

Why continue arguing w/ miokomioko? The arguement (she?) presented as to why the adaberk is "blue" doesn't have any holes in it. Its all technically correct. From a design perspective, the adaberk is blue.

But it looks purple... you are full of shit if you don't see purple there. I bet you'd get similiar poll results if you showed an image of the armor to people on the street and asked, "blue or purple?"

But lets everyone keep insulting each other -- onward to 50.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

<---- This.
    haha, matches your title perfect. Color of Yin now?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

<---- This.
    Your avatar win this topic

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squanto
    Why continue arguing w/ miokomioko? The arguement (she?) presented as to why the adaberk is "blue" doesn't have any holes in it. Its all technically correct. From a design perspective, the adaberk is blue.

But it looks purple... you are full of shit if you don't see purple there. I bet you'd get similiar poll results if you showed an image of the armor to people on the street and asked, "blue or purple?"

But lets everyone keep insulting each other -- onward to 50.
    What? lol.

I see blue. I'm not trying to prove anything by saying I see blue, I have no reason to say it is blue other than that is how it looks to me. I've asked several people, because apparently this is worth knowing absolutely what color Adaberk is. Several of my friends who quit and play WoW said blue. People in my linkshell said blue. If you see one color that's probably how you're going to see it every time you look at it, save circumstances when viewing conditions are drasically different.

Honestly I have no idea what color it is, I just know that I see blue.

Also, purple is the "gay" color but it was also the color of royalty/emperors etc in Ancient Rome. Just for any of you homophobic people have Adaberk and think it's purple AND want to justify wearing it... or something.

I lost this thread when it got moved and it gained 12 pages.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

blah
    I'm not seeing blue, I am seeing purple. Thanks.
    ^

And we will leave it at that.

If you are too retarded to understand that some peoples eyes see things more biased towards one colour, and other peoples eyes have a bias towards another, gtfo.

The majority of people understand some people see things one way while others see it another way, you one day might learn this too once you stop arguing.

lolpup

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm using my divine authority as a mod to throw my two cents in at the end, let the consequences be damned.

Many people who like Coke think that Pepsi is too sweet. Many people who like Pepsi think that Coke is too sweet. We could go and do scientific measurements to determine the exact amount of sugar in Coke and Pepsi and show these people that there is no appreciable difference between the two, but the Coke and Pepsi drinkers would still say that the other drink is too sweet.

Perception is different from reality, that is what this is all about. No amount of saturation comparison is going to make people who think that the Adaman Hauberk looks purple change their minds. But you know what? They aren't wrong, because it looks purple to them. Just like the people who see it as blue aren't wrong because it looks blue to them. Subjective choices are not wrong, people need to get off of their high horses and understand that different people can see the same object up interpret it differently.

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47