Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Question on Multicraft synths

Has anyone else noticed a high break rate on items where your level on the subcraft is a lot higher than the level of the maincraft of the synth? I'm sure that sounds very odd, I'm not sure how exactly to put it.

Exampe, I was crafting some Sai the other day for my ninja and wanted to sign them, the level is 62 smithing and 37 leather, my smithing is 62 but my leather is 98, well above the subcraft cap. Oddly enough, I broke this synth 6-7 times before I got the 2 katanas I needed, which seems odd for a synth that I am the appropriate level for. I was synthing these as a level 100 Leathercraft, and 65 smithing after items and support.

i once nq'd 18 straight synths that i'm 71 over.

crafting sucks sometimes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He's not talking about nq's, he said he broke 6-7 times before making nq.

Soup, I have never paid attention when crafting something that used a sub craft as main and my main craft as a sub, but I will see if there is anything cheap I can try with and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jg

Soup, I have never paid attention when crafting something that used a sub craft as main and my main craft as a sub, but I will see if there is anything cheap I can try with and let you know.
    the point....is that sometimes crafting sucks. Obviously he doesn't want to break 6-7 in a row, but it can happen since it's all /random. Just like some people are lucky enough to get multiple tier0's in a small batch and i'm like 2/80 lifetime on tier1 synths (that are worthwhile and purposely attempted). yay for tier0 beads ._.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    Quote Originally Posted by Jg

the point....is that sometimes crafting sucks. Obviously he doesn't want to break 6-7 in a row, but it can happen since it's all /random. Just like some people are lucky enough to get multiple tier0's in a small batch and i'm like 2/80 lifetime on tier1 synths (that are worthwhile and purposely attempted). yay for tier0 beads ._.
    It's happened before, I've done it a lot on Noct gear also, main is cloth and sub leather, I'm easily tier2 on both sides, but I blow up a lot more than I would normally when the maincraft for the synth is actually a subcraft for you.

Joa

I've never understood the subcrafts really. I am starting to think it's just a requirement but being higher doesn't help out that much. But haven't really tested it much.

Just curious, have you guys noticed a difference in HQ'ing the higher your sub craft? Cause to me it seems like once you hit the appropriate level it levels off.

Example.. Item X is 70 Wood, 40 Leather. Will a 100 wood 60 leather craft it better than 100wood 40 leather?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It was always my theory that break rate was about 5% per synth requirement. I used to make massive numbers of Kaginawa, which iirc I was HQ3 / HQ2 tiers (10% break rate) and the data was consistent with that.

Triple synths can go to hell, 15% break rate sucked.

Example.. Item X is 70 Wood, 40 Leather. Will a 100 wood 60 leather craft it better than 100wood 40 leather?
    Yes, he would. Subcrafts to me always seemed to have "half" the negative effect they should have.

Going to use very round (lucky) numbers and assume 100+1 wood (tier 2)

T2 gives 25% HQ
    T1 gives 10% HQ
    T0 gives 5% HQ (lolrite i know)

A 101/40 crafter doing a 70/40 synth would see a HQ rate of about [25% * (5% * 2)] = 25% * 10% = 2.5% HQ rate.

Now, a 101/60 crafter doing a 70/40 synth would see HQ rate of [25% * (10% * 2)] = 25% * 20% = 5% HQ rate

Note: I doubled the subcraft's effectiveness, which isn't supported by anything in the game but was an observation as I did many, many subcraft synths and tried to specialize in HQ'ing those. If subs weren't doubled in effectiveness, you would practically NEVER see T1/T2's HQ as it's more like (10% * 25%) which is 2.5% HQ rate. Anyone who's crafted Mahatma Slops knows that over time these were definitely not a 1/40 HQ, more like 1/25 ish.