Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Automation Assault ~ Duo?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Automation Assault ~ Duo?

This post is basically me asking for any constructive feedback that anyone can supply concerning the Automaton Assault ENM.

I have seen a video of a certain Taru Soloing this ENM and since then I have wanted to duo this with a friend of mine.

Considering we are Mithra I think that takes one of the hardest automations out of the battle, the Mithra which only takes proper damage from ranged. Zam me if you must but I was looking to see if anyone else does this with 2 people and if it would be reasonable to manage with 2 intelligent RDM's.

Edit: I can not spell.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Re: Automation Assault ~ Duo?

Quote Originally Posted by Akroma_Seraph
    Considering we are Mithra I think that makes one of the hardest automations out of the battle
    lol

edit: not at spelling, the hume maton takes the characteristics of the maton you're not fighting due to race.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Akroma_Seraph
    Considering we are Mithra I think that makes one of the hardest automations out of the battle
    lol
    /sigh

i've duo'ed it many times with a friend as nin/war and nin/rng. The mithra posed no threat at all. However, we are Elvaan, so I have no experience on fighting the elvaan bot. I'd assume he's relatively easy maybe. Good luck.

EDIT: Bring lots of elemental ninjutsu, lol. We've also managed to do it, NIN/RNG & RDM; and NIN/RNG & BLU. Technically, any mage job and a ninja/ranger lol

Did it last night, we're tarus, NIN/WAR+SMN.

lolololol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the hume takes on the characteristics of the race you're not fighting, what takes on the characteristics the hume normally would have?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    If the hume takes on the characteristics of the race you're not fighting, what takes on the characteristics the hume normally would have?
    I have never heard of this before.. But then again I'm basically going off somepage and what some friends have told me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I used to solo 2box this nin + blm, was pretty easy.

And the hume thing sounds true, since hume for me always spammed -agas.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the hume maton takes the characteristics of the maton you're not fighting due to race.
    I've never heard of this either. The Hume automaton spams -ga magic for all other races but in the Hume version of the BC none of them do (Taru spams single-target magic if I recall correctly).

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    the hume maton takes the characteristics of the maton you're not fighting due to race.
    I've never heard of this either. The Hume automaton spams -ga magic for all other races but in the Hume version of the BC none of them do (Taru spams single-target magic if I recall correctly).
    i thought the elvaan liked to -ga? idk been a while since i did it (im a hume<.<)

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Nope, Elvaan is just a normal melee.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    You fight 4 automatons.

Elvaan is weak to WS
    Mithra is weak to Ranged
    Galka is weak to Magic
    Taru is weak to physical damage (I think that's how it goes.)

Hume is a placeholder automaton. The automaton of your party's race does not appear, and the hume takes its abilities and weakness. Obviously, if you're a Hume, the Hume doesn't appear, and the other 4 automatons are accounted for.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

you could probably do it as nin/whm or nin/rdm. Nin can do all 3 types of damage, ranged/magic/melee. Hardest one of them all is the elvaan due to his -ga spammage.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the galka fights, I duo'd as NIN/RNG with either a THF/WHM or MNK/WHM. There is a video of a NIN/RNG galka soloing the fight. Order in the video, and that my friends and I used was:

hume - spam ninjutsu & save TP
    elvan - melee & WS often
    taru - melee & WS, usually died after one or two WS
    mithra - ranged attack & ranged WS

2 rdms with reasonable gear can easily duo it - solo isnt hard persay, just that it is hard to actually kill them within the time limit (as I am sure you saw in the Avesta video; flee boots and elixar?).

With 2 RDMs, you do more than twice the damage, as you dont have to spend as much time rebuffing while the other person is being attacked. You need ranged accuracy gear.

Used to duo this BLM+NIN, Elvaan one. Not really hard.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been trioing the elvaan one here and there for over a year now (the earring drop rate is horrid, at 4/40+ now and only ever seen Desamillions) and with three (NIN-RDM-random job) it's overkill. Considering a mithra NIN/WAR in my LS has been soloing the mithran one I really don't think you guys will have much trouble if you have any brain at all (although having capped archery or other tricks up your sleeve will help). Just have a go, only way to find out for sure and it's ENM so you won't loose XP if it does end up pear shaped.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

used to solo it as elvaan, nin/war or nin/rdm worked well enough, nin/rng would probably do you better, my rng is only lvl12 tho >.> hehe. The only real difficulty here was killing them all within the time range, the key for me was which to start with. I ran out of time more often than not if i left the galka for last, i think ... (its been quite a while) i think that i would start with GK and end on MR.... dont quote me on that tho..

I do the Taru one all the time w/ three, but a NIN and a RDM could handle it easily

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn
    used to solo it as elvaan, nin/war or nin/rdm worked well enough, nin/rng would probably do you better, my rng is only lvl12 tho >.> hehe. The only real difficulty here was killing them all within the time range, the key for me was which to start with. I ran out of time more often than not if i left the galka for last, i think ... (its been quite a while) i think that i would start with GK and end on MR.... dont quote me on that tho..
    isnt it that the next one comes after you regardless?

what i mean is that you dont select the next one yourself, though iirc they go left to right... but i dunno the order they pop up as all i remember is the galka is on the far end