+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Workout regiments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Jumps... lots of jumps... if you know what they are then you hate them too

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I started working out every day like 16 months ago when I weighed ~250 pounds. I started using the elliptical every morning for 30-35 minutes, as well as doing pushups and sit ups... at the time I couldn't do much more than 10-15 pushups, now I do 2 sets of 100 every morning. I also do a lot of situps, and the whole time I have simply tried to not eat such large meals (crappy food is ok every once in a while, just don't eat a whole large pizza in 1 sitting). Now I'm ~185 and there's hardly any fat on me, it's mostly come just from sticking with a fairly simple routine.

I should mention I had an elliptical machine in my basement for the first 3-4 months which really helped (while I was home over summer) so being too lazy to go to the gym wasn't really an issue.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    My biggest piece of advice is: make a routine and stick with it.
    QFMFT

People always ask how I got in such good shape, and this is what I always tell them. Presistance is the key, you won't see results right away, but before you know it you'll be doing shit you never imagined you could do, and it's a great feeling :D.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i want a bigger chest and biceps what should i do? ffxi and bills take all my monies. push ups are free.

New Merits
    BG Level

Dips are the best body weight exercise for your chest I would say, if you don't know what they are, it's basically supporting your weight with both arms on 2 parallel, level objects (racks made specifically for dips are ideal, but you can most certainly improvise if one isn't available). Weighted dips and pushups (I have a piece of rope that I put plates on and then tie around myself, you can buy belts for dips, I'm not aware of any such belt for pushups) are pretty much the best chest exercises you can do. As far as major bicep building body weight exercises, I can't think of any. Chins will work them to an extent, but the exercise doesn't begin to compare to a good set of preacher curls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4