BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Currency Prices?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Currency Prices?

One thing that we can't see on ffxiah.com is the price of Dynamis currency across the servers.

I have recently noticed singles as low as 12-13k each... and with the RMT bannings continuing, I can see the price dropping even more. Considering there are probably more Dynamis being run and maybe less upgraders (???) I think supply will outpace demand.

My question would be for Dynamis linkshells that use currency to fund their runs. How have you changed, if at all, due to the drop in currency prices on your server? Do you just simply lot more currency to make up for the deficiency? And does that bother participants any since less currency drops their way?

This question probably doesn't apply to LS that run Dynamis out of a bank or have constant sponsors, but anyone is welcome to comment.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There will always be upgraders. Especially the people who get to a stage 3 and then stop. Or those who can't beat the attestation or fragment mobs. This has removed a great deal of currency from the game already.

Currency has had a slow downward trend on Titan but its lowest that I've seen in bazaars is 17k for bynes. Shouts are for 12k but I don't think they move fast enough.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    There will always be upgraders. Especially the people who get to a stage 3 and then stop. Or those who can't beat the attestation or fragment mobs. This has removed a great deal of currency from the game already.

Currency has had a slow downward trend on Titan but its lowest that I've seen in bazaars is 17k for bynes. Shouts are for 12k but I don't think they move fast enough.
    Its all good, everyone knows theres no point to rushing a relic, its all about keeping a consistant pace till the end.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Currency Prices?

The system that has been most successful for us is to sell currency to Linkshell members for a reduced price. Old market prices floated around 30-50k per single for a long time. The price set by the linkshell has been 10k per single to members who are actively trying to upgrade their weapons. This requires you get 100 coins to break even on a run, which is usually pretty easy to do. Any profits from sales over the 100 coins needed to cover the hourglass went to the LS fund.

The nice part about this is that we haven't needed to change anything as the currency prices have dropped. The fund still makes money, and the members still get the best prices on currency.

You need to police this quite heavily, since the opportunity is there to have someone buy currency, then try to flip it for a profit. We usually restrict the sale of currency to people who are working towards an upgrade.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They're getting really cheap on Bahamut now. Like... 20k/per or less.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They were down to 10-12k on Quetz. Over the last month prices have recovered a bit though and currently are about 15-20k each (with Bynes always at the low end).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

On phoenix ive seen bynes for 9k a piece now. Shells and bronzes are mostly around 15k still.

15 to 20k per single on Kujata atm, down from 50k and up last Christmas.

I see a lot of 20k in Bazaar on Asura now. During August when I did most of my currency purchase I was getting deals when I got currency for 30k. Back in June, price was 50-60k. Peak was in Dec-Feb where it went to 100-120k per single...back then you could buy an hourglass, take 6 people, and walk out with 4m in currency without a problem.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    no more 50-70k on midgard, usually still 20-40, though I've picked up some shells/byne/bronze for 5k each. :D
    Sell them to me for 10-12k/ea go!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

steady @ about 13-15k each

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

8k-15k byne lowest O bronze highest

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What people dont seem to realize is that the price is probably higher than before once you consider the deflation. A ton of item dropped by 80% in the last years, currency dropped by 50-60%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

15k-20k pretty much on Leviathan..with byne usually being on low end and Bronzepieces on high end

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    What people dont seem to realize is that the price is probably higher than before once you consider the deflation. A ton of item dropped by 80% in the last years, currency dropped by 50-60%
    unless you held onto the gil you made during inflation last year in which case you made a shitload of bank off of it.

Coins are down to roughly 15-20k on my server bismark, moreso towards 15, the retard dickheads still charge 20

can sometimes get em cheaper.