Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

/yawn "Community Beta Version Update (28/11/2006)"

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    The FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version has been updated. A calendar and an auto-login function have been introduced to the site, in addition to changes made to existing features.

- A calendar feature has been added.
    Using the calendar, you can announce detailed information regarding regular in-game events or recruit participants from all over your World.

Click here for a detailed explanation of the calendar feature.

- The World Portal will now display the most recent events.
    The World Portal will display the most recent 15 events registered by each community.
    *Events that have not been set to "Display on World Portal (public)" will not be displayed.

Click here for a detailed explanation of the World Portal.

- A new "auto-login" feature has been added.
    As long as you have a character registered on the Linkshell Community, you can use the auto-login feature.
    By using this feature, you no longer have to enter your PlayOnline ID and password and can log in to the Linkshell Community simply by selecting a character.

Click here for a detailed explanation of the login system.

- The format of the search display has been updated.

- Searches will now display up to 200 results instead of the previous 50.

- A Time Zone function has been added to the top page.
    Please configure your time zone settings so that time differences between regions are accurately reflected on the Linkshell Community.
    Once these settings have been configured, you can use the calendar or message board without worrying about regional time differences.

- A link to the manual has been added.
    By clicking the question mark [?] in the upper left corner of the screen, you can view the Linkshell Community manual at any time.

- Several other issues have been corrected.
    Boring!

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Re: /yawn "Community Beta Version Update (28/11/2006)&q

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    - Searches will now display up to 200 results instead of the previous 50.
    Boring!
    Do 200 LSes even use this thing?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow they're starting with the updates nobody gives a shit this time. It doesn't look so good. >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah I'm very concerned by the total lack of "wowness" so far. Normally they start with something good to get people fired up a bit. Hopefully at some point this week we will get some cool news. Maybe BLM will get something… oh wait SE don’t like mage jobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

A total number of 0 people care.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Maybe BLM will get something…
    we have lots of shit, the only thing they can give us is an overhaul on mob weakness/resistance.

Only thing the LS community is good for is to check if people get banned.

A. Body
    BG Level

#1: I was bitching about this earlier.
    #2: This was posted yesterday.

First preview, small but win.
    Now we have all this random crap people couldn't give two shits about, we didn't even get one today.
    Better get some interesting crap to drool over tomorrow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Maybe BLM will get something…
    we have lots of shit, the only thing they can give us is an overhaul on mob weakness/resistance.
    That's my point, I don't want shit. (By shit I mean shitty latents which is about the only thing BLM have vaguely gotten recently.) I'd like something(s) to put BLM on the same kind of DPS(including rest time) as even average WARs or NINs. Or something to make them worth while inviting into a merit PT. So far if you take any decent merit PT, and add a BLM, exp/sec will go down. I'm not saying it should go up, but they shouldn't suck that much.

I voted for being able to use LS chat through the community portal. I want that.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Jees do I have to be technical about everything I say? Fuck that.

I'll stand by my statement saying we get alot of shit, and you know exactly what I mean.

We don't need to join meleeburn merit parties, we're fine in mount Z, hell I prefer as BLM only having to find 1 or 2 other friends, instead of having to find 5 other people to go xp.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

At least give us back sea manaburn. Melees have burn parties. But I doubt BLMs will have anything come their way. The change to resistance on NMs appears to be barely noticeable for non RMT groups

Sea Torques
    BG Level

make so that AM2 doesn't suck in BCNMS and story NMs -.-;;;? waste of merits T_T

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll stand by my statement saying we get alot of shit, and you know exactly what I mean.
    We don't need to join meleeburn merit parties, we're fine in mount Z, hell I prefer as BLM only having to find 1 or 2 other friends, instead of having to find 5 other people to go xp.
    Mount-Z holds 6 good BLMs tops; on my server there is normaly like 10+ BLMs fighting over mobs there, it just pain sucks ass. If they arnt going to make us more suited for traditional style PTs then at least give us more camps.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's a fix that doesn't boost BLM in any way.

Add more then 7 flans in the fucking game. ToAU has like 40 merit spots for melee and only one fucking flan camp. Sure there are some wamoura camps and they are ok but those are usually taken by people soloing.

I dont know about you but that flan camp usually has 2-3 people soloing/parties competing for the same mobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    At least give us back sea manaburn. Melees have burn parties. But I doubt BLMs will have anything come their way. The change to resistance on NMs appears to be barely noticeable for non RMT groups
    Are there any mobs that take like double-damage from Magic?

If not, maybe they could do that to assist mages who arent getting enough invites from regular pts, in an area away from TP burn and regular pts. (Ie. Tank BLM 2DD and Healer/Backup) Hell for something like this. I'd say 3 different areas so that crap doesnt get crowded.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll have to agree with adding more flan. That would create endless chains though and we wouldn't want that now would we?! God forbid we progress slitghtly faster in one part of the game (merits).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Mount-Z holds 6 good BLMs tops; on my server there is normaly like 10+ BLMs fighting over mobs there, it just pain sucks ass. If they arnt going to make us more suited for traditional style PTs then at least give us more camps.
    I can think of 5-6 camps which can hold *at least* 2 BLMs. There's probably even more all across the zone, you just have to walk a bit further instead of staying at the gate.

A. Body
    BG Level

BLM's limiter is their MP, I doubt SE will ever change that, so it's unrealistic to expect SE to allow you to slap one into a Melee Burn and get the same result.

What you should be hoping for is a the potential for their to be a high yield exp area that enforces a fully balanced PT.
    Of course, the problem with making something required is that you can never seem to find that one thing you need.
    Melee Burn is popular because 2/3rds of the PT can be damn near anything under the sun (including, honestly, a BLM) as long as 1/6th is a RDM or BRD.
    Yes, people try for that 'perfect' group of melees, but you'll just as likely see BLUs, DRGs, gimps of the top set, and even a PUP....ok, that one's a lie, but you get my point.
    As long as they know what they're doing, their job doesn't really matter.

Speed over a long period of time is not what BLM was designed for. Accept that limitation and hope for more Mana Burn spots or a new style of high yield exp PT.

Guys guys guys...lets be more creative with our fantasy requests from SE for BLM....

How about adding the spell Meteo however the spell cannot be cast unless 4/more BLM resides within the party. Kind of like that food that affects the entire party that no one ever uses. The option to cast it appears with the correct number of BLMs in the same party and initiating the cast promps a yes/no option to the other BLM. Once all BLM select yes the BLM start casting this spell.

It's early...no work today and I am only 1/2 way into my first cup of coffee.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast