Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In the Name of Science.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

In the Name of Science.

Is there a way to know which item you started at the NPC? Can't remember which one I started couple months ago :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Trade an Apple Pie to Yurim to know what organs she wants, then it's easy to know which one you asked.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/In_the_Name_of_Science

Wow, awesome ! I remember asking a GM like three months ago, but the idiot didn't even know what quest I was talking about...

Thanks~

Edit.
    Yurim: I sea a meadow! Yes, I wonder if this thing we seek has anything to do with flowers?

Is she talking about Euvhi organs? >.>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Seems so. Try 5 Euvhi and 5 Tissues.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    See you in 5 months. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    See you in 5 months. ^.^
    Uh... I'll get them in 10 probably... These stuff sucks :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    See you in 5 months. ^.^
    Uh... I'll get them in 10 probably... These stuff sucks :/
    Took me like a week for my Relaxing Earring. Right after getting Sea access.

Just need to live in the place.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, it's not as bad as people make out (if you have BLM), took me about 40k of solo xp on the VT flowers in the garden. That's what, about 10 hours?

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.

I believe Ul'Xzomit has a high drop rate on the tissue don't remember.

At any rate Good Luck~!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    I'm done with obis and wanted to get this as well. After killing countless Euvhi's and getting no drop I gave up on that. Maybe I'll try again when I go back for gorgets.

I believe Ul'Xzomit has a high drop rate on the tissue don't remember.

At any rate Good Luck~!
    I have 9 Tissues so far, all droped by Ul'Xzomit mobs. Btw, the main one drops an organ 100%, the two little ones just have a chance of droping.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know where you were fighting, but Euvhi organs don't drop in the Palace, only in the Garden. Or if they do drop in the Palace, they are so ridiculously rare to not be worth it. My LS has farmed up at least 17 Euvhi Organs, every single one in the Garden (and they're not a very common drop regardless).

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    I don't know where you were fighting, but Euvhi organs don't drop in the Palace, only in the Garden. Or if they do drop in the Palace, they are so ridiculously rare to not be worth it. My LS has farmed up at least 17 Euvhi Organs, every single one in the Garden (and they're not a very common drop regardless).
    I just recently got my relaxing earring. I spent probably 5-6 hours on the first floor of the garden with a TH4 sitting afk duoing with another blm and got 2 organs total. I then went to the second floor of the SE tower (where you can get at 7 flowers very easily duo) and averaged about 1 organ per 20 mobs. I recommend you go there.

And it *is* true that you can get them in the palace, but it is also true that the drop rate is probably one of the worst in the game. If all you can do is solo, you're far better off soloing on the first or second floor in the garden.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Yeah, it's not as bad as people make out (if you have BLM), took me about 40k of solo xp on the VT flowers in the garden. That's what, about 10 hours?
    Not to derail much, but for BLM solo i heard /RDM is a must (which i dont have leveled) is this true? I clearly see /RDM has gravity and fast cast as a plus.

Or um i can go and search in Alla or somewhere ;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't see sub RDM being necessary...you have 4 sleep spells..although aoe around aerns is a bad idea...

Gravity just lets you get off a nuke while mob is awake maybe 2 nukes..before sleeping again

If you keep stoneskin + blink up should be able to do it np /WHM

I soloed these on DRK/RDM casting for shits and giggles >.>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fast cast helps when an aern wakes up and starts pounding the crap out of you.

I did about 20% of it BLM/WHM 60% BLM/RDM and the Xzomits (20%) I did as RDM/BLM it was just safer.

Banned.

BG Level

Fast cast helps when an aern wakes up and starts pounding the crap out of you.

I did about 20% of it BLM/WHM 60% BLM/RDM and the Xzomits (20%) I did as RDM/BLM it was just safer.
    Thanks at both above posts, i meant soloing in general not just for sea stuff tho >.>; (Because BLM is still 44 anyway XD )

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With semi-derailed respect to getting organs in the palace, my friend and I killed Euvhis as we passed them while we did a run farming chips from the fire and wind Ghrahs. We'd go from one dead end to the other, killing 4 or so Euvhis every run, and we actually got a decent few organs for her. I think 2 came out of there, and a third we farmed while waiting for Faith, but then to get the last two, we went into the garden and killed Euvhis there exclusively and the drop rate was just as bad, if not worse. x.x Took weeks to get me and her our earrings.

It might just be my bad luck, or some kind of placebo thing that leads to the gardens having a "better drop rate." I would love to expect that the harder ones would drop better, but you can kill the lowest level crawler in the game and have the same drop rate as killing the ones in Rolanberry, so... :/ Idk, if it's easier for you to farm the ones in the palace (which a melee can solo, if need be) give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    With semi-derailed respect to getting organs in the palace, my friend and I killed Euvhis as we passed them while we did a run farming chips from the fire and wind Ghrahs. We'd go from one dead end to the other, killing 4 or so Euvhis every run, and we actually got a decent few organs for her. I think 2 came out of there, and a third we farmed while waiting for Faith, but then to get the last two, we went into the garden and killed Euvhis there exclusively and the drop rate was just as bad, if not worse. x.x Took weeks to get me and her our earrings.

It might just be my bad luck, or some kind of placebo thing that leads to the gardens having a "better drop rate." I would love to expect that the harder ones would drop better, but you can kill the lowest level crawler in the game and have the same drop rate as killing the ones in Rolanberry, so... :/ Idk, if it's easier for you to farm the ones in the palace (which a melee can solo, if need be) give it a shot.
    I think there is some truth to this, because you can get large groups in the garden whereas the palace flowers are harder to get to and there are fewer of them. So farming 2 T flowers in the palace is likely to take just as long as 4 or more VT flowers in the garden, just because of accessability (though apologies if there are any good flower camps in the palace, I've never checked).

That said, it's always seemed that drop rate is better the harder the mobs you fight. Though that just may have been a function of the fact that you generally fight harder mobs in groups and doing so also seems to increase drop rate.

As for the other derail, if you're a blm and you're soloing, gravity is an incredibly useful tool 95% of the time. You can get by without it via sleeps at times, but it is incredibly rare that you'd be soloing something in which access to status removal spells (poisona, cursna, etc) would be of more use than gravity. So /rdm is usually more useful than /whm. Party environments (limbus, pling, meriting, etc) are an entirely different situation.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hmpede is difinitely better /RDM you gravity them and run away, just wait for them to open up then cast. I don't think Bind isn't as reliable as gravity, it's good to have a back up.

As for organ drops I have only fought Euvhi outside, maybe I just had bad luck.