BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lolbst indeed     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pretty much when it comes to jug pets the situation at endgame is always the same.

Carrie remains the only affordable jug that's uncapped. Anything else you'll basically be looking at paying at least as much *per jug* as a stack of Carrie costs. In some cases you'll be looking at paying 10x what a stack of Carrie costs for a *single* jug that lasts up to 15 minutes.

Then even at best, it'll pale next to even a DC charmed mob. Plus, even if you were inclined to spend 100k-1mil on HQ CoP pets per event, finding them in stock on the AH would be difficult.

Now, if you drop to say, doing CoP missions in capped zones, then there's a discussion to be had =P

Actually, it's worth mentioning that fully meritted, a Fungaur jug will probably be the weapon of choice. It's cheaper than Carrie most of the time (from NPC, not the scalpers on the AH), hits harder, has better TP moves, etc...and caps at 65 :/
    Depending on how low Carrie is called at, and whether or not 65 is a guaranteed level for Funguar at 75BST, things may be somewhat interesting.

Though the point would likely stand that due to precedent, most BSTs will likely just change jobs for those kinds of events.
    Still, IMO, BST is the job in most need of fixing, except PUP.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you don't have merits. The answer to what pet for any event is always Carrie. I could use Lars and Cactuar. You also could toss bomb cores for damage. It's roughly the equivalent. I did a four man Jailer of Faith fight with Aurik, Wafik and a friend. Used about 10 Lars jugs that I farmed/bought up and Aurik Synthed. I literally used a million gil worth of jugs. So fuck you people complaining about ninja tools :wink:

If you have merits and you want damage, the answer is almost always going to be funguar. I havn't had Carrie outdue Funguar in any situation that calls for pure damage after merits + gloves. Carrie does survive a little lower when he's tanking. So right now, Carrie is my number one choice for throwing at a mob so I can logout... that's about it.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    If the price/minute of Lars or Chucky was ~50gil like Carrie instead of ~6-7k as Lars/Chucky tend to be, there'd be little reason to ever use Carrie. Farming maybe, kiting...
    Job Changins aside (for me, it's lol, bring your Bard), Carrie does take less damage than Lars and FunguarFamiliar. However, she usually doesn't pull enough hate in a party full of full-time DD's such as WAR, BLM, SAM, etc. So if she's not pulling hate, she isn't taking less damage. Which makes the price point valid.

The whole point of the caps on jugpets is that there is a level penalty inherent in the melee system in FFXI. Lower level characters have an inherent (not stat based, above and beyond accuracy) penalty in trying to fight higher level characters. RNG used to not have this penalty, and, well.. All the BSTs want to know is how to get our pets to the same level as we are. And apparently from the OP 3 merits in Beast Affinity and a level 75 Jug-item don't give you a guaranteed level 75 pet..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does the Funguar jug cap when you are 65, or when the familiar summoned is 65?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Highest it will be when summoned is 65

Caps when you are 65, the jug pet stops increasing in strength at that point. There is no real way to tell what actual level it is (as we are seeing by the fact that it was assumed that Amigo was 75 until now). The only feasible test of jug pet level is level 5 petrify, which makes testing actual jug levels almost impossible.

You can see when they stop increasing in strength relative to your level, and when the jug pet level "caps" were originally "discovered" I guess people just assumed they were EM or one level lower or something.. there isnt any way to get the actual level of the pet except if it happens to be a multiple of 5.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Caps when you are 65, the jug pet stops increasing in strength at that point.
    So the jug itself won't ever be 65? This means the Funguar itself caps around 58? Since it sounds like when your jug pets are, by default, several levels below you already, unless I'm misunderstanding this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Caps when you are 65, the jug pet stops increasing in strength at that point.
    So the jug itself won't ever be 65? This means the Funguar itself caps around 58? Since it sounds like when your jug pets are, by default, several levels below you already, unless I'm misunderstanding this thread.
    To be frank, the answer is "who the hell knows".

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only feasible test of jug pet level is level 5 petrify, which makes testing actual jug levels almost impossible.
    Can't you /check an opposing Ballista BST's jugpet? I don't play Ballista, so don't quote me.

bst should get mandy jugs, black mandys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    bst should get mandy jugs, black mandys.
    They do, homonculus is black.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Get 2 bsts and test Amigo's level. One with capped Beast Affinity, one with nothing. Go into ballista and kill them slowly, if they're within say 100hp, test is inconclusive, within 50hp, he's 76+ and > 150+hp he's...68- lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Meh, the real answer is for SE to give BSTs Scan, so we can see exact levels, HP/MP, etc of mobs >_>

I had a genius moment last night after I'd switched off my pc.

New meritable /ja for 75 bst.

Capture Beast.

Kinda like Pokemon. 20 minute cooldown, you can capture up to 3 EM pets from any zone. They must be already charmable monsters of course, and you can have a maximum of 3 pets stored in your lolbst magical trap thing. Call them as you would a jugpet, work exactly as if you'd charmed them in the wild, release/recharm etc. Give the bst options for tactically going to fetch pets for certain fights.

Probably impossible with the retarded way SE lumps mobs into certain dats instead of an indexed mobs.dat, but it'd give a bst more options and more powerful pets at events.

Pop over to the tree, capture a korrigan, pop into DA and have it wail on Faf!

So the claim is amigo is either 68, 76, or whatever above? Aside from positive data test, u could just take one to fight a level 80 mob. A lvl 68 pet shouldn't hit it much, where as a lvl 76 would?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Probably impossible with the retarded way SE lumps mobs into certain dats instead of an indexed mobs.dat, but it'd give a bst more options and more powerful pets at events.
    Probably not impossible actually. Notice fellowship NPCs (not to mention things like Wyverns and normal jug pets).

Still unlikely though...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NPCs are repeated in the .dats for every zone in which they can appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    So the claim is amigo is either 68, 76, or whatever above? Aside from positive data test, u could just take one to fight a level 80 mob. A lvl 68 pet shouldn't hit it much, where as a lvl 76 would?
    The claim is that it is level 68 at best because beast affinity caps at 75. It could be lower.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

With recent banning, I'm scared to make a new thread , but I couldnt find any answer anywhere. What the hell is Sirus axe hidden? It rotted to my war after our last hydra, and I'm wondering what's the bonus on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    With recent banning, I'm scared to make an old thread, but I couldnt find any answer anywhere. What the hell is Sirus axe hidden? It rotted to my war after our last hydra, and I'm wondering what's the bonus on it.
    Lame puns and poison I believe, not 100% sure.