٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lolbst indeed

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6520/img0096wu6.jpg

taken from this thread : http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... =41;page=1

The BST in question had capped beast affinity merits (so +6 levels), which means the maximum level this pet could have been would be 74-6 = 68, and that's even if he was 68. If it doesnt make sense, it means call beast summons EP-DC mobs, not EMs.

Note - "No effect" =/= Resist, resist would have been evades/misses/etc, no effect means it got hit by it but was not effected.

This isnt really new news to BST, I suspected my jugpets get summoned lower, but Sabotender was rumoured for a long time to be one of the only capped pets, guess not!

I really hope this update gives us new bst crap, or realistic jugpets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Before someone asks, beast affinity specifically says that your pet is capped at 75. (also HAHAHA at getting one)

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Before someone asks, beast affinity specifically says that your pet is capped at 75. (also HAHAHA at getting one)
    What's Beast Affinity, some JA you use before Call Beast that is supposed to increase the summoned pets level in relation to yours? Or is it like, a merit ability, I don't know much about BST since they changed it after MPK patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    What's Beast Affinity, some JA you use before Call Beast that is supposed to increase the summoned pets level in relation to yours? Or is it like, a merit ability, I don't know much about BST since they changed it after MPK patch.
    Group 2 Job Merit
    +2 Levels per merit when using Call Beast, 75 cap

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXI
    Increases the level of pets summoned with Call Beast.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For comparison, taken straight from somepage.

Fomor Beastmaster: 80-82
    Fomor's Bat: 72-74

A whopping minimum of 8 Levels

Goblin Headman: 75-79
    Goblin's Bat: 69-74

6 - 10 level difference

Now I didn't think player's pets spawned that low with "uncapped" pets. But now I'm beginning to wonder. I've been using strictly funguar for normal things on BST (with 3 affinity and AF2 gloves), he does a bit better than Carrie but is still lacking. I think the only way to really test the level of the pet would be to parse its HP through something like Ballista to determine the level range. Someone that is more motivated than me wanna go do that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They need to make the jugs of toau mobs buyable from gate npc, bought with sanction and require a certain rank. That isnt a very good idea but its still better than CoP jugs. I dont think SE could fail any harder than the time spent to farm those mats for LL and then watch a 100+3+3 cook NQ them all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The eye doesn't know your pet has merits.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

a friend, Djlnn (JP) who was BST explained the whole callbeast/jug thing. Carrie stays close to your level but not 75, (DC~Even match~) and Sabortender spawns Tough, so he is higher than 75. A tough pet at 75 would be anything 76 and higher.

level 5 petrify only takes effect on people who are 5 10 15 20 25 etc right?

pretty clear to me. I could be wrong but it makes sense.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    a friend, Djlnn (JP) who was BST explained the whole callbeast/jug thing. Carrie stays close to your level but not 75, (DC~Even match~) and Sabortender spawns Tough, so he is higher than 75. A tough pet at 75 would be anything 76 and higher.

Beast Affinity will *not* take them past 75. That is, if I recall correctly from the in-game description.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthu
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

Beast Affinity will *not* take them past 75. That is, if I recall correctly from the in-game description.
    It could still spawn as a 76 base level and then Beast Affinity would have no effect on it since it doesn't help past 75. Actually that would make sense to me since it's said nowhere that a pet can't get past Lv75, just that Beast Affinity won't help further than that.

Ninja'd : Then a 75 BST with no merits would have a Lv76 Amigo, and a fully merited 75 BST would also have a Lv76 Amigo. It's very possible they just put that Lv75 limit on Beast Affinity so this pet can't get to Lv82 and become too strong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Bigger question, has Lv5 Petrify EVER hit jug pets? I don't think I've ever been in a situation to where it might have happened, and if it did I can't remember. But if it doesn't affect jug pets for whatever reason, then trying to use it to determine level becomes moot.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Bigger question, has Lv5 Petrify EVER hit jug pets? I don't think I've ever been in a situation to where it might have happened, and if it did I can't remember. But if it doesn't affect jug pets for whatever reason, then trying to use it to determine level becomes moot.
    Level 5 Petrify has effected jugs since as long as I can remember.

edit: I highly highly highly doubt Amigo spawns over 75 ever.

edit2: I'll just go ahead and say No jugs spawn over 75 just to get that out of the way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

edit2: I'll just go ahead and say No jugs spawn over 75 just to get that out of the way.
    It would be simple enough to test it though, you just have to kill an EM mob with Amigo (far away from other mobs) and see how much XP you get. If it would be too hard to go from 100% to dead with Amigo, charm a DC mob at the start to do the bulk of the work then pull out Amigo at the end.

lolZam is blocked from work, and the image is gone. Can somebody summarize?

my BST is level 1, but doesn't a certian piece of AF2 (gloves?) causes jug pets to always summon at the maximum level? I'm pretty sure BST friends have said that.

Still doesn't change the fact that jug pets suck ass. Even the "cool" expensive ones like Chopsuey Chucky and Amigo are pretty craptastic (or only last for 15 minutes)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

its a picture of an ahriman doing lv5 petrify and amigo not getting hit with it, due to not being 75.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

It would be simple enough to test it though, you just have to kill an EM mob with Amigo (far away from other mobs) and see how much XP you get. If it would be too hard to go from 100% to dead with Amigo, charm a DC mob at the start to do the bulk of the work then pull out Amigo at the end.
    Since the patch that removed any XP-penalty with Jug Pets, you will only ever get 100xp for an even match, regardless of your jug pet's level. I suspect that level is capped at 75, but I cannot offer any proof other than pointing at the merit description.

Before the patch that removed any XP penalty, you would always take a 30% hit in XP with a jugpet. (Same with a charmed monster, but the xp would be determined on the maximum of your charmed pet's level and your level).

As far as the OP goes, this is a peculiar test. Which Ahrimans do the Level 5 petrify move? Only the ones in Limbus and Dynamis?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Which Ahrimans do the Level 5 petrify move? Only the ones in Limbus and Dynamis?
    I think they all do, I know that the ones I farmed in Castle Zvahl all could.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Call a GM, surely they will get to the bottom of this issue.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

All I care is that Fungar will outparse CC w/ full affinity merits.

Now, if I could get past the rest of the merits I want... WHM > BRD > BST in priority..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast