Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Job Adjustments (12/01/2006)

Paladin Adjustments

With high defensive capabilities and enmity generation in mind, we will be adjusting the effect of the paladin job abilities Sentinel and Rampart.

Sentinel
    The effect of Sentinel will be changed from an increase in defense to straight damage mitigation.
    Also, all actions taken while Sentinel is in effect will generate additional enmity, allowing the paladin to more easily gain and maintain an enemy's attention.

Rampart
    In addition to the defense bonus granted to party members within the area of effect, Rampart will now also provide a "Magic Shield" that will absorb a certain amount of magic damage in the same manner as the spell "Stoneskin."

Shield Mastery
    In addition to granting a TP bonus, the Shield Mastery job trait will also prevent interruption to spell casting when an enemy's attack is blocked with a shield.

Dark Knight Adjustments

The casting time for Absorb spells will be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds to increase their utility in battle.

Blue Mage Adjustments

Changes will include more monsters available from which to learn blue magic, as well as additional spells, and adjustments to recast times.

New Blue Magic
    In addition to spells attainable from the newly introduced soulflayers and the Poroggo, there will be new spells made available for mid-level players that have healing and dispelling effects.

Existing Blue Magic
    The recast time for enfeebling blue magic spells such as "Chaotic Eye" and "Frightful Roar" will be reduced.

Corsair Adjustments

Corsair adjustments in the upcoming version update will mainly focus on the Quick Draw ability. Also, with the addition of the Rapid Shot job trait, ranged attacks will become a more viable combat tool for the Corsair.

Quick Draw Accuracy
    A corsair's AGI will now affect the accuracy of Quick Draw. This will make it possible to improve the accuracy of Quick Draw by increasing the relevant attributes.

Quick Draw Recast Time
    The recast time for Quick Draw will be reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
    In accordance with this change, the Group 1 merit point ability Quick Draw Recast will now reduce recast time by 2 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Light Shot and Dark Shot
    Light Shot and Dark Shot will be changed to have the following enfeebling effects instead of inflicting damage:

- Light Shot: Sleep
    - Dark Shot: Dispel

*The Quick Draw additional effect of increasing the potency of enfeebling effects will remain unchanged.

Puppetmaster Adjustments

Several new automaton weapon skills will be introduced. High-level automatons will have new weapon skills available for use in various situations.

- Melee Type
    Inflicts melee damage on a target and drains an amount of HP in proportion to the damage dealt.
    - Ranged Type
    Inflicts ranged damage on a target and occasionally has the additional effect of Stun.
    - Magic Type/Standard Type
    Inflicts melee damage on a target and occasionally has the additional effect of greatly reducing evasion for a brief period of time.

A new text command [/ignorepet] will also be introduced that will allow you to ignore the pets of others, including automatons, avatars, and charmed monsters.
    The text command can be used in the following way:

/ignorepet: Displays current status when no subcommand is specified
    /ignorepet on: Ignore pet targets
    /ignorepet off: Allow pet targets

*While using [/ignorepet on], you will be unable to target others' pets.
    *You will always be able to target monsters' pets, player character's pets in PvP, and Fellows regardless of the ignorepet command.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ibtl :P

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i support ur thread seno!!!!

Paladin Adjustments

With high defensive capabilities and enmity generation in mind, we will be adjusting the effect of the paladin job abilities Sentinel and Rampart.

Sentinel
    The effect of Sentinel will be changed from an increase in defense to straight damage mitigation.
    Also, all actions taken while Sentinel is in effect will generate additional enmity, allowing the paladin to more easily gain and maintain an enemy's attention.

Rampart
    In addition to the defense bonus granted to party members within the area of effect, Rampart will now also provide a "Magic Shield" that will absorb a certain amount of magic damage in the same manner as the spell "Stoneskin."

Shield Mastery
    In addition to granting a TP bonus, the Shield Mastery job trait will also prevent interruption to spell casting when an enemy's attack is blocked with a shield.
    ROOOOOOOOOAR GO GO ALLA PLDS, keep complaining that we suck so I become more powerful XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I support this one, its spelled correctly.

With that said:

New Blue Magic
    In addition to spells attainable from the newly introduced soulflayers and the Poroggo, there will be new spells made available for mid-level players that have healing and dispelling effects.
    I came.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    ibtl
    I posted first bitch, my thread.
    I think they are trying to turn PUP into a melee brd almost. If the effects are frequent enough and the new WS's are good it may be a very good job. We will see.

also : HOLY CRAP PLD UPDATEZ

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    i support ur thread seno!!!!

Paladin Adjustments

Sentinel

Rampart

Shield Mastery
    ROOOOOOOOOAR GO GO ALLA PLDS, keep complaining that we suck so I become more powerful XD
    Amen to that. It's like every other job they keep finding ways to fuck up and PLD they keep just making better. Whatever, I'll take it, lol.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

im logging in right now to see how far i can merit sentinel

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

/sigh nothing for BLM. /wrists

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yay new PUP weaponskills! Maybe they'll hit a lot harder too. Pretty excited for this, mainly because the new DRK adjustments are pretty shit, lol.

Maybe if they made the RECAST time 2 seconds... >_>

Eppy

lol ;; Too bad it doesn't show the millisecond of the post! /angryface

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    /sigh nothing for BLM. /wrists
    Now maybe you can stop spamming it in every thread here, hmm?

Light Shot and Dark Shot
    Light Shot and Dark Shot will be changed to have the following enfeebling effects instead of inflicting damage:

So it actually happened, COR get their own ghetto-dispel, this could be extremely interesting.

All in all, this update looks to be made of a big ol sack of win. Can't wait :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Job Adjustments (12/01/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Light Shot and Dark Shot

*The Quick Draw additional effect of increasing the potency of enfeebling effects will remain unchanged.
    This actually can make now COR work in TP burns like a bard, its no AoE sleep, but its still a sleep. nice

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Eppy
    my post was lower on the treads, I assume that means I posted firsty?

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok now that Ive calmed down from the initial excitement.

I actually did email SE once about PLD. I explained to them, the fundamental flaw in pure blood tanking is the fact that PLDs are still bound to the same blood tanking rules as anything else in the game. This includes enmity lost while taking dmg. It always bothered me that a job specializing in holding hate and taking dmg, takes so much dmg and loses hate while doing so. In order to fix it they need to make PLDs specialized in dmg reduction by giving us better JTs that reduced physical dmg and eliminate the idea of losing so much hate when taking dmg.

These modifications are a good step. They have some work to do still imo to make the overall PLD population more appealing to tanking, especially end game. Even though Im really fucking good at my job, I still see where overall other PLDs are just a humongous mp sink. This is more apparent when I get replaced in some situations XD. We go from doing ok, to struggling to keep the PLD alive.

FYI: Sentinel is a 5min recast and 1 merit reduces it by 10 seconds. 1min 40sec can be reduced total. Ill have to wait to see how good this is before I give up my shield bash and cover merits.

EDIT w/ comment:

Shield Mastery
    PLD/NIN just became even more powerful. And I thought it was badass to see valor breeches and merits go off when casting ichi, sheild blocking, and still not getting interrupted.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Time for my automaton to close Light, lolz... all this wait for just some weaponskills...?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

bow DoT fucking rox.

on topic: it's not like paladin's need that much of a boost anyway, they're still one of the primary tanks for anything, and with the realization that /nin is far more efficient for almost all situations makes it so that damage mitigation isn't that much of an issue anymore.

but, then again, these came from lolalla (I think), where the majority believe (and don't understand anything even remotely relating to endgame). also that even mentioning that PLD isn't the best option for all situations, and that in merits, they're best just subbing /nin and DD'ing is a carnal sin.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

WHERE ARE MY BEASTMASTER FIXES

Eppy

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Quote Originally Posted by Eppy
    my post was lower on the treads, I assume that means I posted firsty?
    Your right now...lets have some buttseckz okee!?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Shorter recast timers and new spells mwhahaha BLU ftw!!

and yeah BLM changes where??? <.<

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hiya
    on topic: it's not like paladin's need that much of a boost anyway, they're still one of the primary tanks for anything, and with the realization that /nin is far more efficient for almost all situations makes it so that damage mitigation isn't that much of an issue anymore.

but, then again, these came from lolalla (I think), where the majority believe that even mentioning that PLD isn't the best option for all situations, and that in merits, they're best just subbing /nin and DD'ing is a carnal sin.
    Like I said, the top tier PLDs are loving this mindset of 90% of the PLD population that complains that PLDs suck. Keep complaing bitches, your ony making me even more powerful XD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast