Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Dynamis-Tavnazia question...

Aside from getting the clear...does anyone feel it worthwhile to attempt this zone?
    My shell usually has in the mid 20s to at most 36 range for dynamis...so doing this zone means leaving people out or sending them to a city >.>

Some of the hydra gear somes ok....and I suppose the leg and body -1s drop there?

To me it seems from what people have said that this zone can be ruined rather easily by someone aggroing a Diabolos NPC...and I have seen DynamisBums drops from there seems awefully depressing...

Anyways any thoughts? <.<

Well in addition to being able to drop -1 body and legs and the Hydra armor, it also has the most desired Zilart AF (Beauc and Xarc drops) and is arguably the most fun Dynamis zone in the game. It's really feels more like a 2-hour Dynamis version of Limbus.

Aggroing more than one NPC diabolos is only a problem if you are trying to win, and going for the win pretty much negates your ability to farm anything at all, unless you do it in the last 30 min after getting all the time extensions.

Also, if your LS has that many people, you don't need to stick people in cities all the time. Our Dynamis LS gets roughly the same attendance, and I'd say for each time we've done Tav, the leftovers (10-20 people) have done Xarc, Beauc, and cities equally. Also, with 30-36 people and sufficient planning, the same LS could do two consecutive Tavnazia runs in the same event.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you really want Hydra Gear & AF2+1 Legs/Bodies then do it.

My LS did this for the first time this week & I actually found it quite enjoyable. We did accidently aggro 2 Diabolos NPC's & weren't able to effectively fight 2 of them at once, so were unable to clear.

We also ran into some small difficulties getting the extra TE's. We ended up going for clear instead of screwing around trying to get the Eye TE's.

But it really wasn't that bad an experience. Was relatively fun, straightforward, and manageable.

It's really a question of whether or not you want the gear that drops there. If you do, then by all means do it, because it's the only way to get it. I plan to schedule this zone maybe once a month, tops, for my LS.

Our luck so far with this run has been pretty shitty...

3-4 times now we've done this run, getting all of the extensions, and ending up with no drops. All of the runs with a considerable amount of farming... Only single drop we got through all that time is the Hydra body, which while definitely a really good drop it doesn't make up for our luck. D:

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

The zone is definitely worth it with 18 responsible focused people.

Not worth it drops wise, worth it fun wise. It's 50k a person, same as limbus, everyone can walk away with at least 1 coin each. Taurus mobs have dropped Hydra gear at the same rate AF drops, we got 2 Hydra gears now (I think we have the only ones on the server ) and there's a chance for AF.

Another thing is the Christmas Music really lifts peoples spirits, im not joking >_> Fighting Diabolos with that music on makes people less pissed off for some reason.

Today we got the win on our third attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Not worth it drops wise, worth it fun wise. It's 50k a person, same as limbus, everyone can walk away with at least 1 coin each. Taurus mobs have dropped Hydra gear at the same rate AF drops, we got 2 Hydra gears now (I think we have the only ones on the server ) and there's a chance for AF.
    What's the drop rate of AF2-1 Bodies? And do they drop off of any one type of mob in particular?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It should be all 2nd floor Nightmare mobs = -1 legs and all 3rd floor Nightmare mobs = -1 body

The 3rd floor nightmare mobs are primarily clusters, which were kinda annoying, but with some luck for like a valor surcoat -1, it'd be worth it. The drop rate doesn't appear to be any different than getting a -1 from any other nightmare mob in another CoP zone.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Setats
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    What's the drop rate of AF2-1 Bodies? And do they drop off of any one type of mob in particular?
    We've received 0 AF2-1.

Does anyone know if Antlion / Worm / Bugard / Hornet can drop -1?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

We got RDM Legs -1 once in Tav like 6 months ago, and i think it was on a Hornet, not absolutely sure about this though (could have been a Hydra, been too long lol). It was on the bridge level by the way.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Hornet can drop. My old LS got DRK legs -1 off a hornet ;_;

Hydras definitely drop Beauc AF, Kindred Xarc AF, Taurus Hydra armor, 2nd floor bees drop legs -1. As Roranora wrote, it's assumed that 2nd floor Nightmare = legs -1, 3rd floor non-Taurus Nightmare = body -1.

However, I've never heard of anyone reporting a 3rd floor bees drop yet, nor any drops from the clusters, pugils, or leeches, so I suppose it could break down in some other fashion (like maybe all bees and clusters drop legs-1, all leeches and pugils drop bodies -1, or some other permutation).

Also, I don't think Antlion, Bugard, or Worm can drop anything, same as how Nightmare Flies in Valkurm don't ever drop anything either. You'd think someone would have got at least a bronzepiece or something off them if they had regular drops. Of course, in what has to be at least 15 starter-CoP zone wins at this point, we've never had a 4x100 drop either lol, so who knows.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm confused on the drops for this zone. The NQ AF2s that are dropped her are Glacier and Xarca and the -1s are legs and body?

Let's take RDM for example: glacier is body and xarca is hat, does that mean that NQ and -1 body can drop as well as -1 legs AND hat? O_o

Or is someone generalizing by saying "glacier and xarca" drops?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

In theory, yes.
    You could get Tabard-1, Tabard, Tights-1, and Chapeau. However it is CoP so I wouldn't get your hopes up to see anything.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We received Brd Legs -1 off of the 3rd floor hornets, so I would say that discludes the difference in 2nd/3rd floor nightmare mobs.

There was a rumor going around that AF2, AF2-1 only drop after Diabolos is defeated. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

If not defeated, maybe depopped (ie aggroed and allowed to depop)?

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That is incorrect.

We received our Brd AF2-1 Legs before even spawning Diabolos, we were trying to get the 3rd floor TE, after failing that & wiping we then went for the clear.

But they can definitely drop AF2-1 before the clear, which would lead me to believe other mobs can drop their respective items as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    That is incorrect.

We received our Brd AF2-1 Legs before even spawning Diabolos, we were trying to get the 3rd floor TE, after failing that & wiping we then went for the clear.

But they can definitely drop AF2-1 before the clear, which would lead me to believe other mobs can drop their respective items as well.
    I was on the run with Garret. I can confirm his story.

From reading through this thread, just had a question. Is there really any benefit to clearing the zone or is that for story only? Looking to try this zone soon in my linkshell, but I want to have a clue of what's up with the zone first. I saw Dynamisbums clear strat, but would we be better spending our time farming the entire time and grabbing as many extensions or clearing it then try to farm out the rest of the time?

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The only reason to clear, as has been discovered so far, is for story purposes & for the E-Peen status of going around in the clear title.

On our first run all my LS went off of for strategy was the one posted on Dynamis Bums, we were *EASILY* able to do the Bugard, Worm & Antlion, they are not hard at all if you are prepared for them.

We had some difficulty with the 3rd floor TE, and didn't try the 2nd one due to time constraints and because we wanted to try clearing.

My personal suggestion going in for the first time is this.

Obviously do the Bugard, Worm & Antlion, that goes without saying.

After this try to walk your alliance by the Diabolos NPC's, since I am assuming people want their clears, even if it's just a status symbol. If you make it through without aggro, or spawn only 1, then go for the clear. If you aggro more than 1 NPC screw it & go try to get the 2nd floor TE, approach from the southern passage. If you manage to get that then go for the 3rd floor TE, also from the southern passage.

I think that's a pretty reasonable approach for an LS' first time in the zone. Even though farming the zone is probably a better idea than going for the clear in general, people will probably want the clear, I know I do.

In general you're better off farming for at least the first 80-90 min, and then going for the clear with your last 30 min. But if it's your first time, you're going to have half your alliance saying "OMG WOW DIABOLOS" and you also have a decent chance of wiping trying to get a ??? time extension anyway so I agree with Garret. Go for the win after subjobs, inevitably pop 3 or 4 Diaboloses, wipe to them, RR up and farm a few bees and maybe one pull of Hydras before you get spit out, then next time do some farming before you try to win.

Also, sorry to be late to answer this question but we've gotten xarc af, beauc af, legs -1, hydra armor all without getting the win. Are you 100% sure that the brd legs -1 came from the 3rd floor? That's the part of the story I'd most like to see confirmed lol