+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parry     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Parry

Why the fuck do mobs now have to parry over 50% of my attacks? And why don't I ever parry? It can't be some calculated occurence because I don't even parry level 8 mobs when I run through lower level areas, they just hit for 0. I dunno, I'm just really pissed off when I go up to two goblins in Nabudis and then 4 appear and start whailing on my healer, then I can't kill them because they parry all my attacks. Seriously, what the hell?

Oh ya and while I'm at it, why the fuck does Decoy get resisted, same goes for berserk? I seriously had all 3 of my guys casting Decoy on Vaan like 5 times until one finally landed. I don't know what the hell SE was thinking... maybe it was because he had Faith? I dunno...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I think it's related to Magic Defense? I'm not completely sure, but if the people who are casting that magic on have Faith (+Magic Attack), it should allow you a higher chance to penetrate the M.Def and land the spell? That's mere speculation though... but I hear you, it's so frustrating to have those spells resisted and need to be cast a retarded amount of times to land them...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

If you're using shell, stop using it. By raising your magick defense, spells like Zerk,Reverse,Decoy will miss often. If you aren't using shell, well then you shouldn't really be having any problems. All I can say is maybe up the magick of one character and have them be designated caster. Gear or Faith spell both work.

As far as parry goes, I dunno how it really works like if a certain stat raises/lowers it. .but those goblins in general parry like. .everything. In general though, when I switched to Greatswords from a 1 handed weapon I noticed I was getting parried more often. . .by everything.

One would guess Evasion effects it. I don't really ever recall enemies actually missing me, just me parrying or blocking their attacks.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vile
    If you're using shell, stop using it. By raising your magick defense, spells like Zerk,Reverse,Decoy will miss often. If you aren't using shell, well then you shouldn't really be having any problems. All I can say is maybe up the magick of one character and have them be designated caster. Gear or Faith spell both work.

As far as parry goes, I dunno how it really works like if a certain stat raises/lowers it. .but those goblins in general parry like. .everything. In general though, when I switched to Greatswords from a 1 handed weapon I noticed I was getting parried more often. . .by everything.

One would guess Evasion effects it. I don't really ever recall enemies actually missing me, just me parrying or blocking their attacks.
    we never parry, only block.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I've parried before, or at least could have sworn that I have. Then again now that you mention it I do often "Block" with Greatsword. Which is kinda stupid now that I actually think about it <.>

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Another thing, while I'm in gripe mode... why the fuck does damage get negated when a mob randomly decides to teleport mid cast. I usually have synchronized casts, so it's pretty fucked up having all 3 bios miss because Deathscythe chose to teleport 2 feet instead of turn around. Fuck.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Yeah all the nightmare enemies are like that too. Nothing like getting a 3 hit combo totally ignored. <.>

those little bastards in necrohol parry 50% of my attacks (everyone is lv50)

I was having a hell of a time with those goblins too, since I usually just run through and melee everything down. They're so weak to ice, though, that you can take them out in a few rounds of blizzagas. Even at level 40.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

mobs parrying is partly based on your level. I was doing some leveling in Nabudis at lvl 50 and was getting 70% blocked through parrying, but I went back at lvl 80 and never got parry blocked. Of course you could always go the cheap route and just equip a massive consecutive attack weapon which will eventualy break through.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you want to parry, just grab a main gauche and a high level shield. And pretend that the word "block" is a typo

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

goblins are the worst mob in the game by far imho. the reason your getting so many parries is cause of the mob type.

maguspk is an angry taru, lol

Just one shot em with blizzaga x 3 works with 8 goblins at least (most I had to balls to round up)

Frozntoast

Or you could equip guns and never be parried or blocked ever.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: Parry

WOH! 50%!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Re: Parry

thanks for necrobumping a FF12 thread. go away.