Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned :(     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

take care... don't they perm ban you if they "mistakenly" charge you with speedhacking again?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I still have a hard time believing things like these. Are you sure you just didn't let a friend use your account?
    Sure many GMs don't know how the game works, but again flee, hermes quencers etc all show up in the log, nothing 3rd party about it..
    My guess would be you let someone use your account at some point, they used a fleehack or postool or whatever kids use these days, and that was the reason for the banning.

I don't think you'd ever get banned for flee. The only other possibility might be as people mentioned very high lag in combination with some overclocked CPU which supposedly causes some irregular movement, but I am not sure about that part.

I agree most GMs are terribly unqualified and don't really know what's going on, and it's terrible that they never explain why or what their exact proof/reason is, but I think it's important not to give false alarms like "I must have been banned for using flee or sneak attack or windower.."

If you ever let someone log in to your account you should mention it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    Nope, I 100% sware ive never used any exploit cheat hack or w/e else they are called on this game. I have no need to. My flee/boots provide me speed, and I cant calim with anything but steal anyway.
    75 THF w/ Mandau without even a level 5 WAR subjob? lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes I am 100% sure this account has never used any exploit ever lol. I wouldnt be hear whining if I thought there was even a chance I did something wrong. Noone has been on my account in over 2 years anyway. I never said I got banned for using flee either, I dont really know, I was told "speed hacking" and then immediately booted. I wish I could find out more info, but since I cant make a gm call from my own account, and if I make it from another account they wont let me deal with my main account.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i read in another log that suggested that gms have a program that calculates, based on your current gear/active abilities/enhancements, how fast you should be running...this seems more like a friend of a gm got him to cockblock you. ;3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

A friend of mine was given a 72 hour ban with the possiblility of a perma ban the other night for having "I did PlayerX in the rear" in his search comment. PlayerX is a memeber of the same ls as him (and myself) and it was an inside joke that came up durring dynamis.

Anyways, he forgot to take it down and we finished dynamis and went to KB. Someone was "offended" by it (someone not being PlayerX) and called a GM on him. Well GM grabs him throws him in jail and says hes giving him a 72 hour ban with the possiblity of a perma ban after review. My friend tried to explain that he didnt meat to offend anyone, and that it was just a joke between friends, and that he would take it down imediatly. However, the GM didnt listen/didnt care. When my friend asked if he could speak with a Senior GM the GM said that he could not.

So flash forward 72 hours later. My friend tries to log on to see if its a perma ban or not and it says that his account is still temp banned. So he tries to contact a GM through PoL but the person he spoke with said that there was no way for them to tell, and that if it said it was still only a temp ban that he should just keep checking.

So another 2 days go by and it still says he is temp banned. So he calls in (Im sorry I dont know who exactly he called) and spoke with someone about it. The person he spoke to acctually plays FF and agreed that it was a really stupid reason to ban someone. He also said that he would do everything he could to get the issue reversed and resolved. Still waiting for that to happen...

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol what are people 12 years old? I can just see it now "OH NO, THE BIG BAD LEVEL 75 BRD TOLD ME TO GO FUCK MYSELF OMGZ GM CALL" People seriously need to learn how to suck up stuff. Seriously if something that stupid offends someone "i did playerx in the rear" to the point they gotta call a GM about it then get the fuck off the internet imo.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I cant sleep heh, when I do get my char back in 3 days, Im never going to be able to flee again, I think SE ruined the game for me. I'd seriously be too scared. Ugh this sucks, I understand if somoene made a mistake there but why me kinda thing. I dunno, 6 hours till I can speak to a real person, if this doesnt get sorted out I dunno what to do. I guess what urks me is there is no proof, on either side. I cannot proove my innocence, nor they my guilt. I sware I have never and will never speed hack, I abhore it, I have no use for it with 12% msi and flee. Im just ranting here cause im emo and pissed. ANYONE with any helpful advice please post, im going nuts here.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Finding any reason to eliminate the competition seems logical to me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    I cant sleep heh, when I do get my char back in 3 days, Im never going to be able to flee again, I think SE ruined the game for me. I'd seriously be too scared. Ugh this sucks, I understand if somoene made a mistake there but why me kinda thing. I dunno, 6 hours till I can speak to a real person, if this doesnt get sorted out I dunno what to do. I guess what urks me is there is no proof, on either side. I cannot proove my innocence, nor they my guilt. I sware I have never and will never speed hack, I abhore it, I have no use for it with 12% msi and flee. Im just ranting here cause im emo and pissed. ANYONE with any helpful advice please post, im going nuts here.
    Idk but the day i get thrown into jail cause i'm moving 12% faster on my BLM with hearld's gaiters i'm gonna get permabanned after going off on the GM's

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Mirax I would recomend that you place a GM call after your suspension is up asking to speak with a SGM. Explain the situation as best you can, encourage them to check the logs, ect. If you truely did do nothing wrong there is a chance the the SGM will remove the offence from you record. You wont get your 3 days back, but atleast you wont have the black mark on your record.

Im a thief also and I am always scared that someone will see me fleeing and assume I am hacking. If it happend, I always had planned on just explaining to the GM that I was using the job ability flee and not a hack (as you can clearly see when flee is used and when it wears off in the log), but your GM didnt even seem to look or care.

As for my friend, we're not exactly sure as to who placed the call against him. No one has fessed up yet (something that usually happens on my server after someone successfully get someone jailed). Odds are it was a rival shell just looking to kill some time inbetween windows and got lucky that the GM was a idiot. I think that it is rediculious that the GM would jump straight to banning him over a comment about someone in OUR OWN LS. As to it being "offensive" Ive heard much worse shouted in Jeuno or Whitegate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lemme guess, [GM]Thunderan?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didnt see any gm in game, like I said, I was force dc'd. when I got back in the gm was like [gm]guiesses or something

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Remember:

GM"s expect you to de doing reasonable damage to an HNM with a staff!

Nuff said.

Like any job you have to get experience and progress - I don't know why GM's are excempt from this.

i was actually in a very similar position to the OP, all i was using was windower and FRAPS, i was at behe just to get DT, went afk for about an hour during window come back and i'm in Mordion Gaol. now i'm sat there waiting 5 hours for a GM to come to me and explain the reason i was in jail, luckily i frapped the convo (this is a long time ago, pre-ToAU)

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/1811/gmcn4.png

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/5562/gm2ta0.png

1) Anyone named Melvus is already a retard

2) I always wondered, if FRAPS is a forbidden 3rd party program, how was anybody supposed to participate in the FFXI movie contest?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    i was actually looking for that thread, i had a convo with a dumbass Gm, maybe luminious while i was cockblocking a dynamis sandoria for an hour so my LS wouldnt have to reschec for the 5th time in a row. He came in and was all buddy with me, not even a warning lol.
    That has got to be one of my favorite GMs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/ ... nvoWeb.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/ ... /Bitch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    1) Anyone named Melvus is already a retard

2) I always wondered, if FRAPS is a forbidden 3rd party program, how was anybody supposed to participate in the FFXI movie contest?
    it was a ploy to ban the users who used it

first prize was a permaban

Wonder if it was the same prick that suspended me, told someone I was camping Leaping Lizzie (lol) against I was botting hoping he might leave so I'd be alone (never had any program other than windower) for a joke. GM takes me then says I was botting, so I told him I was joking then he's like "You're being suspended for the use of third party programs that affect running speed", I tried to tell him I was a fucking THF with Flee but he just ignored me and said Goodbye. . . 2 days later I call a GM and he won't let me out so I call another and he let's me out. First two were JP with terrible English, third was NA if that matters.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by DeusNoctis
    Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    i was actually looking for that thread, i had a convo with a dumbass Gm, maybe luminious while i was cockblocking a dynamis sandoria for an hour so my LS wouldnt have to reschec for the 5th time in a row. He came in and was all buddy with me, not even a warning lol.
    That has got to be one of my favorite GMs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/ ... nvoWeb.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/ ... /Bitch.jpg
    luminious rocksssssss.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t16-gmcall.jpg

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast