Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Merit point spots for solo bst in toau?

I don't have a lot of time to play FFXI at any given moment. Usually 1 to 2 hours max and since bst is my only job at 75 the only merit point pts I ever get are LS only.

So my question to all the other bsts on this forum is do you merit anywhere other than the boyahda tree or bibiki? In particular are there any good merit point camps in toau for a bst to solo? I've seen mention of Mount Zhaylum (sic) but I have no idea where in the zone it would be.

Thanks in advance.

The zonelines of whitegate to thickets or wajwood.

Naver

MtZ's only camp I could think of would be the Eruca Pugil camp, but usually EXP Parties take those mobs. Though I think those are DC to 75s. Ideally the best place would be either sky off Groundskeepers or Pots, or B.Tree from Goobbues Crabs or Crawlers.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think puks in wajoom i or in halvung on bombs an trolls. I was not hgh lv bst before i quit but i knew alot of 75bst an they loved the new areas but you will prob have to fight for some xp spots. But i also hearded of bst's having secret spots that only they visit not great for xp pts in some new areas.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm not a BST but I solo Colibri in the Thickets (DC to 75) and Flamingos in Sky (also DC) when I'm trying to finish a merit or re-cap XP.

Both are very easy to kill quickly and require no downtime as a
    lolPLD/RDM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Merit point spots for solo bst in toau?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas
    I don't have a lot of time to play FFXI at any given moment. Usually 1 to 2 hours max and since bst is my only job at 75 the only merit point pts I ever get are LS only.

So my question to all the other bsts on this forum is do you merit anywhere other than the boyahda tree or bibiki? In particular are there any good merit point camps in toau for a bst to solo? I've seen mention of Mount Zhaylum (sic) but I have no idea where in the zone it would be.

Thanks in advance.
    Outside of tree and bibiki, the pickings are slim.

Mount Z trolls: Near the merit camp, use leeches vs Trolls. Try to kill War trolls and Puppets (not the puppet master). Unless you like earning 1k/hr, avoid the Paladins and Puppetmasters, they take way too long to kill. If are really well equipped, you can start taking down WAR Trolls (and DRK) with one leech to speed things up. This camp is /nin only for speed. I usually use meat and full melee gear to take hate from your pet. The goal is to tank as much as possible until shadows are low, then have your pet steal hate. Save tp to Rampage through diamondhide.

Mount Z: Pugils They pop DC-T so you can convert them all to EM-T to chain them.

Adyweeda: Tigers, Diremites (shitty shitty spot) warped out after 20 minutes of trying.

Mire: Karakul vs Karakul - Slow xp off chigoes + karakul but tons of seals.

Den of Rancor - Can't remember, been over a year since I did this, but Puks vs Tormentors

You can also go level in some capped zones for mediocre xp.

SE fucking hates bst.

I'd be so emo if I were a bst.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you are /nin you can go to Bibiki Bay and solo Catelpeos with the rabbits. If you are good you can get around 4-4.5k/hr which beats anywhere else in my experience. Only thing that sucks is 3 or more Healing Breezes in one fight.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: Merit point spots for solo bst in toau?

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Den of Rancor - Can't remember, been over a year since I did this, but Pucks vs Tormentors
    I LOVED this one so much! The only annoying thing is the MPK patch now makes it annoying to recycle Pucks, you've gotta charm a new one each time in the pack of other wild ones. I used to basically drag 2 down, one would be walking back while the other would be fighting, and then switcheroo, etc.

Now I guess you can take a bunch of shitty jugpets and throw it at the group to charm 1 puck, or wait a while till one gets out of non-link range.

Nothing like mischarming in a bunch of monk mobs

Also sols, I dunno but werent the Monkeys VT? And the scorpions too? We should take our lolbsts there someday and play around.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Energitic Erusa has Jagils that *mostly* spawn EM and T. NA prime time there are *rarely* anyone there. JP prime the place is *packed*.

If EE is about to spawn the RMT will kill off the two crawlers by the tree. (Which those are your primary pets)... but you can still do decent w/ the other crawlers there.

Easy chain 4 there. Assuming a rare DC doesnt break your chain. /nin /whm and /rdm works. I prefer /WHM for erase, but whatever works just fine. I will often invite an LS / friend who is skilling up / breaking a weapon. Still good xp and relatively close to get to.

Leech an XP party w/ the PLD or SMN in your LS. Most are dying for XP, and generally will welcome anyone who will make a party instead of them.

90% of the people that play FFXi hate to be party leaders. Once you have a refresher out of the way its easy to round out the rest of your party. It might be mediocre chain 6 but It's still quicker than soloing. Plan ahead w/ friends so you don't spend 2 hours looking for a refresher. Just make sure your friends know you will be bailing in an hour or two.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I like to just kill the trolls on Mount Z. But I lack the haste gear to keep up with shadows... Instead I try to just snag another bst or an rdm/nin to help out. As long as their not idiots it helps a lot.