Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Retributor for WAR     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Retributor for WAR

Not really a 'noob' question, since the weapon lvls are so high, but I didn't see it worth a post in the other area.

Retributor

Any clue why this thing isn't more popular? 4 base dmg less than Woodvilles, 3 less than Maneater under 100TP... +6% Crit would be hot, I was debating on selling my woodvilles and going Retributor/Maneater or vice versa (Heard rumors of the Crit only working in mainhand? *shrug*)

Thanks for the input.

Ridill
    BG Level

it only works in the hand you're using it in

if you're using woodville's main... it's debatable

it's utter crap next to man or jugg

Depends on what is better. +6% crit rate or 3 more base DMG plus Acc+5 and Att+18 when under 100% TP.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The only one normally used in that set is the Senji I believe, and that's because it's the 2nd highest non-relic, works on all days, DMG and normal katana delay. It wouldn't be that bad of a mainhand imo, but a multi-hit weapon or maneater/jug most likely will be better overall. Consistancy > hoping for crits, in most cases.

Did you miss the delay? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Snowknight26
    Depends on what is better. +6% crit rate or 3 more base DMG plus Acc+5 and Att+18 when under 100% TP.
    This is the correct answer.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    The only one normally used in that set is the Senji I believe, and that's because it's the 2nd highest non-relic, works on all days, DMG and normal katana delay. It wouldn't be that bad of a mainhand imo, but a multi-hit weapon or maneater/jug most likely will be better overall. Consistancy > hoping for crits, in most cases.
    Destroyers are also pretty common from that set.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Did you miss the delay? >_>
    I never noticed it was so retarded before you mentioned it lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    lol, can't believe I forgot that, all I could think of was Heart Snatcher, Rampager and Dissector but knew there was something else.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    lol, can't believe I forgot that, all I could think of was Heart Snatcher, Rampager and Dissector but knew there was something else.
    Dissector is decently common for BLU I think (Or it was before those slayer swords were added)[/url]

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have this unlocked and with critical merits I was able to critical four times in a row, that is critical > critical > critical > critical, no lie. Retributor main hand of course. If you can only afford one of the three axes then I would recommand this over the other alternatives.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

the delay is very noticable for me, Ive been used to maneater/juggy and now maneater/ridill and I could see the difference. I had it unlocked but just couldnt justify it, the delay was horrid, the crits were ok but nothing really worth it to me, I tossed it and took back my inventory, I only wish more axes looked like it, its pretty

Thanks for the input ^^ Yeah I really didn't look at the delay, guess it's not worth it.

On a derail about the crit weapons, I have an unlocked Subduer for DRK and I love it, it's right up there w/ Heart Snatcher, Coffinmaker, Destroyers, Dissector, Shenj, and Morg

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno
    Thanks for the input ^^ Yeah I really didn't look at the delay, guess it's not worth it.

On a derail about the crit weapons, I have an unlocked Subduer for DRK and I love it, it's right up there w/ Heart Snatcher, Coffinmaker, Destroyers, Dissector, Shenj, and Morg
    Subduer is probably one of the best great swords in the game right now, outside of relic.

Subduer: DMG 85, Delay 444, Crit+6%.

The only things that really compares is Algol with DMG 85, Delay 489, Atk +3, Trip Atk +3%.

Yeah, and I hear the fire DMG makes it parce higher than Subduer

Xavier

Not to mention how fking funny a person looks swinging a great sword 3 times really fast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno

Subduer is probably one of the best great swords in the game right now, outside of relic.

Subduer: DMG 85, Delay 444, Crit+6%.

The only things that really compares is Algol with DMG 85, Delay 489, Atk +3, Trip Atk +3%.
    we had a conversation in the LS the other day about Subduer vs. Algol vs. Ragnarok lol

in the end i think Algol is on top of the 3, Subduer is 2nd place cause of its availability....then the GS with the 200M pricetag that gets overshadowed by Apocalypse went to 3rd place.

i think we had some DRK parse higher with a Subduer than an Algol one time in dynamis, he didnt have Homam Corazza though so im sure a DRK with Aces/Corazza/Brutal/Algol could probably top Subduer pretty easily.

Xavier

Going to assume your avatar doesn't reflect your inventory then if you're using that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Going to assume your avatar doesn't reflect your inventory then if you're using that setup.
    I play loldrg and TH whore, I don't have a Ridill and the post was a joke.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast