Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Tavnazia Diabolos Traits and Abilities

If nobody minds, I want to begin to compile a list of the abilities and traits of the different Diabolos Suits, because for groups going for a Tavnazia win, it's possible that the NPC they aggro corresponds to a suit they've never faced before, for LSs who have never attempted Tavnazia win before, and perhaps even a strategy that would allow an alliance to fight all four at once. I'll start with Diamond, which I remember most clearly from our group's attempt tonight.

Diabolos Diamond
    Doesn't use regular melee attacks. Casts Blindga and Drain. Resists Stun. Sleepable by Lullaby. Uses various WSs with TP (I forget their exact names and effects, sorry the idea for this thread didn't come to me until later). Uses Nightmare followed by Daydream (charm) based on either a timer or HP%. The number of Daydreams increases by one with each occurance of Nightmare, beginning with one after the first Nightmare, two after the second, etc. Uses Ruinous Omen once.

Edit: Got rid of the sections for the other ones, just refer to the awesome chart a few posts down. Leaving the Diamond notes up, though because they're a bit more specific about somethings.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We only fought Club and Diamond if I recall correctly.. I'll have to look for our old stuff cause it's been a long time since we've done the cards. I believe the Club was the SMN one.. it will insta-summon-bp with a Diabolos Shard (like his avatar) twice throughout the fight, much like Kirin's 2hr. It's also resistant to stun; I believe they all are.

Heart should be the other mage, reluctant to melee like Diamond.

As for behavior patterns.. I think they include, but aren't limited to.. at least this:

Cacodemonia - AoE Curse - Diamond, Club?
    Camisado - ST damage (Shard's is AoE) - Spade, Club?, Shard
    Daydream - ST Charm - Diamond
    Dream Shroud - MAB/MDB (dispellable) - Spade, Heart?
    Hypnogenesis - LoS damage - Diamond
    Nether Tempest - AoE Nether Blast (~661) - Heart
    Nightmare - AoE Sleep/Bio - Diamond, Spade?
    Noctoshield - Phalanx (dispellable) - Spade, Club?, Heart?
    Ruinous Omen - AoE HP random % down - Club, Spade?
    Sweeping Somnolence - LoS damage, Gravity - Spade
    Ultimate Terror - AoE stat drain (2-5 random stats), Heart?
    Dispelga - Heart?
    Dispel - Club?, Heart?
    Regular spells (across all): Aspir, Blindga, Bio III, Drain, Sleepga II
    I think that's where people were before we were all disappointed to figure out you're not rewarded really for winning, even for killing multiple.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Code:
                            Diamond  Heart  Club  Spade  Shard    Description
    Cacodemonia                X              X                   AoE Curse
    Camisado                                  X     X      X      ST damage (Shard's is AoE)
    Daydream                   X                                  ST Charm
    Dream Shroud                       X            X             MAB/MDB (dispellable)
    Hypnogenesis               X                                  LoS damage
    Nether Tempest                                  X             AoE Nether Blast (~661 damage)
    Nightmare                  X              X                   AoE Sleep/Bio
    Noctoshield                        X      X     X             Phalanx (dispellable)
    Ruinous Omen                              X     X             AoE HP random % down
    Sweeping Somnolence                             X             LoS damage, Gravity
    Ultimate Terror                    X                          AoE stat drain (2-5 random stats)

Dispelga                           X      X
    Dispel                             X

Regular spells (except Spade, which does not cast): Aspir, Blindga, Bio III, Drain, Sleepga II
    We've made many trips since that I should go back and make sure this is all correct, but this is what we use when we plan for fighting Diabolos.

Much of our (DynamisBums') initial information about Dynamis-Tavnazia came from a (now fleshed out) Japanese wiki entry at VanaMon: http://www.vanamon.com/wiki/index.php?Dynamis%2FTav , and you can see their chart at the bottom.

Edit: Alas, I was beaten to it...

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I know, wrong thread, but I was reminded of it by the above ability charts. What makes Diabolos' Shard pop? I haven't seen it, but I also haven't done Tav since around the time people first started beating it. I seem to remember there being two Shard entries in .dat also.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    I believe the Club was the SMN one.. it will insta-summon-bp with a Diabolos Shard (like his avatar) twice throughout the fight, much like Kirin's 2hr.
    That may answer your question.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    I believe the Club was the SMN one.. it will insta-summon-bp with a Diabolos Shard (like his avatar) twice throughout the fight, much like Kirin's 2hr.
    That may answer your question.
    that's what I get for being lazy ;_;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem
    Code:
                            Diamond  Heart  Club  Spade  Shard    Description
    Cacodemonia                X              X                   AoE Curse
    Camisado                                  X     X      X      ST damage (Shard's is AoE)
    Daydream                   X                                  ST Charm
    Dream Shroud                       X            X             MAB/MDB (dispellable)
    Hypnogenesis               X                                  LoS damage
    Nether Tempest                                  X             AoE Nether Blast (~661 damage)
    Nightmare                  X              X                   AoE Sleep/Bio
    Noctoshield                        X      X     X             Phalanx (dispellable)
    Ruinous Omen                              X     X             AoE HP random % down
    Sweeping Somnolence                             X             LoS damage, Gravity
    Ultimate Terror                    X                          AoE stat drain (2-5 random stats)

Dispelga                           X      X
    Dispel                             X

Regular spells (except Spade, which does not cast): Aspir, Blindga, Bio III, Drain, Sleepga II
    We've made many trips since that I should go back and make sure this is all correct, but this is what we use when we plan for fighting Diabolos.

Much of our (DynamisBums') initial information about Dynamis-Tavnazia came from a (now fleshed out) Japanese wiki entry at VanaMon: http://www.vanamon.com/wiki/index.php?Dynamis%2FTav , and you can see their chart at the bottom.

Edit: Alas, I was beaten to it...
    I can't read japanese at all but it the chart at the bottom of that link seems to have a few differences, like 5 dots for Diamond opposed to 4 on yours. Just wondering if someone could complete this diagram with the help of that link.

Sorry for the noob question, but having never done Tavnazia before, do you win by killing any of the Diaboloses, or do you win by killing all of them?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Sorry for the noob question, but having never done Tavnazia before, do you win by killing any of the Diaboloses, or do you win by killing all of them?
    One Diabolos will give you the win and the "Interloper" title, and there's one title never obtained, was it "Awakener of Nightmares" ? This one may be obtained by killing all 4 Diaboloses, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuropiko
    I can't read japanese at all but it the chart at the bottom of that link seems to have a few differences, like 5 dots for Diamond opposed to 4 on yours. Just wondering if someone could complete this diagram with the help of that link.
    I can't read japanese either, but Diamond definitely did Ruinous Omen, which isn't marked on the chart.

As for divisortheory's question, to be more specific, you win when you kill all of the Diaboloses that you popped, between one and four. Also we got a title once a few months ago after popping 2, killing one, and wiping to the other one (thereby not getting the win). It might have been "Awakener of Nightmares", I'll have to go back and check.

You get "Nightmare Awakener" for being in the killshot alliance for Diabolos. Can re-get this title in Selbina/Mhaura, I think.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pfffft never done Kalia?

We did it the other night, you just need to come and get your frigging CoP clears sometime =P

I took a huge capture of data last Friday when my LS did our 3rd Tavnazia (win lol). I will parse it and post update tonight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The only differences between the chart I put up and the one on the Japanese wiki entry I put the link to are:

- Wiki lists Diamond using Ruinous Omen
    - Wiki lists Club using Ultimate Terror
    - Wiki does not list Spade using Dream Shroud
    - Wiki does not list Spade using Ruinous Omen

We remember coming across entries where the Wiki entry was not correct, but those discussions were almost 9 months ago and would take me some digging to verify.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    You get "Nightmare Awakener" for being in the killshot alliance for Diabolos. Can re-get this title in Selbina/Mhaura, I think.
    getting in killshot alliance for Dyna-Tav shouldnt be too hard =P

The only differences between the chart I put up and the one on the Japanese wiki entry I put the link to are:

We remember coming across entries where the Wiki entry was not correct, but those discussions were almost 9 months ago and would take me some digging to verify.
    Spade definitely used Ruinous Omen on us last Friday. I'll post a complete summary of the battle when I get off work.

And no, getting killshot alliance in tav isn't hard at all but most people will never see that title without bard intervention, as you get a new title when you rush to the ???.

Diamond definitely uses Ruinous Omen. If I'm remembering right and Spade is the one that pops at the North Lufaise zone and spams Nether Tempest, then I'm pretty sure it uses Dream Shroud. Not sure about Club. As for Spade using Ruinous Omen, I can't remember, but I'd be willing to bet each of them uses it exactly once per fight.