+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HALp     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HALp

Okay so. I'm getting a 360 for Christmas. Also the obligatory Gears of War. Problem is I want at least one more game. I think I've narrowed it down to either F.E.A.R. or Call of Duty 3.

Anybody have either of these games? IF you do, any input appreciated. Keep in mind I love online gaming, which is why I tend to stick to shooters. I religously play Socom 3 still so if that will help you in terms of what games I play often.

Also, if you have neither, but think some other game is a must have, please do tell. I didn't really find any until Assassin's Creed comes out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I only played FEAR a few times, but it was pretty horrible. Multiplayer was double horrible

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gears Of War, The Need For Speed games are also awesome for it and you'll be hooked. There is another game coming out by Capcom which is well worth checking out.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

rainbow six isn't that bad if you are into teamwork and strategy shooters. After playing so much gears i couldn't get into it at all though.

Perfect Dark: Zero FTW

or Ghost Recon ;o

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    rainbow six isn't that bad if you are into teamwork and strategy shooters. After playing so much gears i couldn't get into it at all though.
    pfft, I hardly see you on.

CoD3 is easy to get into, I suppose. But I actually liked FEAR, so I must be weird. Rainbow Six Vegas is a good counterstrike rip-off.

Xavier

Perfect Dark Zero sucked rofl.

Gears of War is currently the best game for the system, the only really must play. My 360 still plays more Halo 2 than anything else online.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo

CoD3 is easy to get into, I suppose. But I actually liked FEAR, so I must be weird. Rainbow Six Vegas is a good counterstrike rip-off.
    i havent played in 3 days because i was going on 8hour runs until like 7am. I'm gonna log on now -.- THANKS FOR ADDING PEER PRESSURE.

Ghost recon was fun too, you really dont need anything besides gears though lol.

I played that ESPN Fight night round 3 for about 5 hours with 2 other friends last night, was alot of fun.

Had a really small learning curve, I think that was mostly to blame for the instant fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i havent played in 3 days because i was going on 8hour runs until like 7am. I'm gonna log on now -.- THANKS FOR ADDING PEER PRESSURE.

Ghost recon was fun too, you really dont need anything besides gears though lol.
    Pfft, of course you decide to hop on 15 minutes before adult swim starts :/ I'm not gonna play tonight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Dead Rising is my second favorite 360 game and it's not close, that being said I have not played the new Rainbow Six yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I dunno about you guys, but I just love Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it's not that I Don't think it's good, it's just more of the same, IMO. I'm glad I have it, it's fun, but it's nothing I didn't get out of XML 1&2

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Perfect Dark Zero sucked rofl.

Gears of War is currently the best game for the system, the only really must play. My 360 still plays more Halo 2 than anything else online.
    No it doesn't =( . When you have system links and have 16 AIs in one battle field, its crazy. Its just a place holder till Halo3 anyways.

Elder Scrolls, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas are good ones. But the game that gets the most time in my 360 is NHL 07 by far. Obviously you have to be a fan of hockey games but it is definately worth it if you are.

Xavier

I didn't really like Elder Scrolls that much. It was literally too much RPG for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    it's not that I Don't think it's good, it's just more of the same, IMO. I'm glad I have it, it's fun, but it's nothing I didn't get out of XML 1&2
    I get a lot of enjoyment out of it with 3 other friends. Brings me back to the old days of gaming before everything was online. And hey, XML 1/2 didn't have Silver Surfer!

I didn't really like Elder Scrolls that much. It was literally too much RPG for me.
    It's heavily quest based and very in-depth indeed.

But thats also its appeal.

I wish I had a computer that could play it remotely close to "medium" graphic settings, let alone maximum.

It has to be -the- most video card demanding game in history, lol

It seriously lags the 360 to death whenever you walk outside of a town/dungeon.

And on my PC, lol we won't even go there /wrists

Demosthenes11

ditto

Elder Scrolls III: Ok, you got off the boat...now ready, set...GO

...wait what?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Whatever you pick, don't get Call of Duty 3. It is a good game, don't get me wrong, I usually dislike war games because they've been beaten into the ground, but I enjoyed it. But... in terms of gameplay... you would be getting two of the same game. Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 are pretty much exactly the same duck/shoot/duck/shoot/duck/shoot/reload.../shoot/duck... , and also have some other pretty much identical game mechanics mostly mimicking pieces Halo since that is apparently the paragon of FPSs for some retarded reason. I'm sure you can say similar things about most FPS, but these are both games where if you're not hiding behind something you're getting a face full of bullets and even thinking about leaving cover and getting reckless and burly will result in a Game Over.

Go for some variety.

P.S. I think online Call of Duty 3 gameplay is rather weak. So, that might be more valuable information for you since you're primarily into FPSs.