Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WS properties chart     submit to reddit submit to twitter

WS properties chart

anyone got a chart that says what property each WS contains? i mean stuff like fusion, fragmentation, etc

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Should shift this thread to FFXI: Newbie Player Advice section?

I wouldn't think so since its not something a "newer player" would be concerned with? I don't know what you consider worthy of that section though.

Weaponskills are something a newbie SHOULD be learning, from the start.

Weaponskill elements are unimportant until you have sea, and are actually questing the elemental gorgets, Lv73? I dont think anywhere before that I'd need to know about the weaponskill elements.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So knowing a lighting element WS (Thunder Thrust) used prior to a Fire WS (Flaming Arrow) will make a Fire (Liquefaction) Renkei, is unimportant?

I dont know about you, but its easier to remember what elements together make what renkeis, rather than trying to remember what ws works with what ws. Its also nice that the icon next to the WS is colored to its element.

So knowing a lighting element WS (Thunder Thrust) used prior to a Fire WS (Flaming Arrow) will make a Fire (Liquefaction) Renkei, is unimportant?

I dont know about you, but its easier to remember what elements together make what renkeis, rather than trying to remember what ws works with what ws. Its also nice that the icon next to the WS is colored to its element.
    If the icons were properly listed elemental wise then yes it would be for instance. Tachi: Gekko, is listed next to a green icon symbolizing wind, and the property for silence. On the site I linked, its not listed anything like what the game has it listed.
    Tachi: Gekko Distortion Reverberation
    Snow, Aqua gorgets are the elementals which coninside with its properties. The Game does not have any weaponskills to my knowledge that are labeled properly.

As for making a skill chain that works most effective against the mobs, it takes 3 seconds to bring up a chart that has everything listed rather than get creative. As a blm I only really burst either thunder or ice when I leveled, anything else was just really subpar in my opinion. Although, I really didnt care because I was lucky if I got invited to a party with a skill chain, end game its all Ice/thunder pretty much. With the exception of things like Suzaku really.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm going to have to go with Newb board, I've had the chart memorised (Excuding Club and Staff WS)for over 2 years now.

And you can recall any weaponskill element at will? Excluding most samurai weaponskills/rampage.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon*
    And you can recall any weaponskill element at will? Excluding most samurai weaponskills/rampage.
    Auto-recall or not, this is fundamental information, the grammar of the FFXI combat system. Even if you don't know what they are off-hand, not knowing how to look them up with a 75 melee job at endgame is unforgivable.

We really need that 'banish to noob board' kuno card.

Auto-recall or not, this is fundamental information, the grammar of the FFXI combat system. Even if you don't know what they are off-hand, not knowing how to look them up with a 75 melee job at endgame is unforgivable.
    That I would totally agree with that, my only real problem was with mentioning that the elemental properties are listed next to the weaponskills, which is not indeed the case.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

all weaponskill have an elemental alinment reguardless of weather they have elemental, either that or I didn't get the question. lol Rampage being Earth is known by pretty much any mele since earth = distortion close.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

That I would totally agree with that, my only real problem was with mentioning that the elemental properties are listed next to the weaponskills, which is not indeed the case.
    The description of Thunder IV doesn't say 'don't cast it vs. Gigas' but I expect 75 BLMs in my LS to know that.

Paralyna doesn't say 'macro this vs. Wyvern mobs' but I expect it from my WHM.

And so on...

There are things you just learn if you care about excelling at your job, which I would figure is a prerequisite for being serious about endgame. This game famously gives few details about how anything works, it's up to the people who play all the time to build the knowledge needed to actually beat high-end content efficiently.

I don't want to start a huge fight over what does and doesn't belong in noobie land, but since this board was renamed to 'advanced discussion' I would hope it would lead to self-discipline by the posters.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    There are things you just learn if you care about excelling at your job, which I would figure is a prerequisite for being serious about endgame.
    I remember when SAMs could spout out renkei suggestions in a second for the PT setup. Now its just.. nothing.

When you look at it in that sense I guess I do see why you would classify it. And I'm not trying to put up a fight about either, was simply trying to provide another look at it, with an actual chart in front of you its much easier to just look it up rather than determine chains by combining their elements, which I guess would be lazy in and of itself, so sorry lol.

I remember when SAMs could spout out renkei suggestions in a second for the PT setup. Now its just.. nothing
    Yeah, like I said before, we're or at least myself, are only concerned with, Dark, Frag, Light, Distortion. Everything else is just unimportant. I don't ever know of a time we're I've suggested a fire skill chain for burst instead of a thunder burst, but I'm always more concerned with the weaponskill damage followed up by burst damage.

For instance, a three man sam chain we used to do to make darkness for byakko: Kasha > Jinpu > Gekko = Dark for the black mages to burst Ice. You just totally waste TP having someone use Jinpu, when you can make it much easier and just go Gekko > Yukkikaze for Induration and still get a nice MB and you have a third sam waiting on TP and you didn't waste it on jinpu and managed to keep both the weaponskill damage high.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    There are things you just learn if you care about excelling at your job, which I would figure is a prerequisite for being serious about endgame.
    I remember when SAMs could spout out renkei suggestions in a second for the PT setup. Now its just.. nothing.
    Try leveling a new job, I stopped working on rdm cause everyone wants to meleburn IT mobs w/o a bard Cause thats what the 75s do LOLZ.

It's shit like this that makes me hate newbs, I was goin to bed one night when I saw a shout for the RDM hat doll in Jeuno they had two rdms but needed a 75 tank, I had Duo'd it for another rdm in the past so I was like w/e I can do this. I say if we go now I can help and he's like ok. I join the pt and he's like, my ninja friend will help you tank, ok. We get there and this other ninja is like a 58 nin in chainmail with hototogisu offhand.
    We pop it I start fighting and all three of them start meleing with me, and I start to get spammed with doll tp moves, I tell them to disengage and they all listen, but then the ninja says why. I say it will do less TP moves, an answer which apperently means nothing to them because they all reengaged forgetting to ever recast my haste. if we didn't have 2 rdms with convert worth of MP I don't think we would have won.
    Sorry about offtopic rant, but lol at this topic anyway.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i had this one laying around. not sure how old/outdated it is.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9...nkeitp6.th.gif