Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    This is good info, but meh... I have a somewhat related question.

If you don't have a Sirocco, what is a better Dagger combo?

Harpe/Blau or Blau/Miser+1 ?

My goal is P.Harpe/Blau or Blau/SK... but in the meantime... hmmm.
    I have a sirocco so i haven't thought much about what else i'd use, but i would say get whatever has highest dmg, either harpe or P.harpe for main and offhand the blau. I'm not a fan of misc, or behemoth knife or whatever else i see people wearing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    For hnm I'd still pick martial knife mainhand (obviously for those who don't have relic) offhand would be the discussion if you think stylet ( +4dex +2agi and +1 enmity) would create more hate than blau ( +16 att) on ws when tricking ws to tank. The answer to what's better would probably be more dependant on your other gear's setup, if you have high att and not as much stats you'd probably want the +4dex and +1 enmity, if you have lots of stats and not a lot of attack, you'd probaly want the +16 attack to get a less resisted ws.
    Trick response there YR...on HNM, you don't have an offhand because you should be /drk or /war

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    For hnm I'd still pick martial knife mainhand (obviously for those who don't have relic) offhand would be the discussion if you think stylet ( +4dex +2agi and +1 enmity) would create more hate than blau ( +16 att) on ws when tricking ws to tank. The answer to what's better would probably be more dependant on your other gear's setup, if you have high att and not as much stats you'd probably want the +4dex and +1 enmity, if you have lots of stats and not a lot of attack, you'd probaly want the +16 attack to get a less resisted ws.
    Trick response there YR...on HNM, you don't have an offhand because you should be /drk or /war
    sub is still situational, some fights need /nin to absorb aoe

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I don't really know of any HNM that requires thf to sub nin besides Jailer of Temperance (does that even count?), and MAYBE aspid (if you wanted to solo an add for tp). /WAR or /DRK onry for HNMs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Prudence I'd still probably /nin because Sinuate Rush suckkkkkkssss and I've stuck with /nin so far on Proto-Ultima because his AOE's can drop people. Maybe when we have extra healers I'd /war sometime for it.

I've never owned a Martial Knife and never plan to, 0.5 fTP is cool and all but, not that amazing, I'll keep the few points extra DoT of BD and of course, Mercy Stroke when I finish, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    This is good info, but meh... I have a somewhat related question.

If you don't have a Sirocco, what is a better Dagger combo?

Harpe/Blau or Blau/Miser+1 ?

My goal is P.Harpe/Blau or Blau/SK... but in the meantime... hmmm.
    I would go with Blau/Miser+1 if given that choice. The DPS on Miser+1 is a little less than Harpe, but the delay is much less. The 2 dmg difference between the Blau and Harpe for mainhand is negligable so wanting to main hand the Harpe for higher base dmg is moot. The 210 delay is pretty noticeable, imo, compared to the 178 of the Miser+1. Maybe my rationale is off, but I'm just not a fan of daggers with 200+ delay. P.Harpe is an exception because it's rediculous base dmg. I don't have one and I'd probably do P.Harpe/Blau in merits, but for most other things I'd do Blau/Sirocco bcause of the lower overall delay.

Harpe/Blau = 10.51 overall dps
    Blau/Miser+1 = 10.11 overal dps

I think it's negligable really. I personally just feel there is more merit in having the combo that attacks more often since the mainhand dmg is hardly noticeable and the dps is not much different either. I know low delay has saved my ass a few times in ballista, too=)

Quote Originally Posted by Quixtoc
    I don't really know of any HNM that requires thf to sub nin besides Jailer of Temperance (does that even count?), and MAYBE aspid (if you wanted to solo an add for tp). /WAR or /DRK onry for HNMs.
    /nin is kind of needed for Ultima. All i can think of off the top of my head really. /nin is also nice for Tiamat because sometimes you need to train Corses, and sometimes there are those instant mystery kills on that bastard if you hit from the front. Also, it's not necessary for sky or sea stuff, but often you have to do other stuff before you get to fight the HNMs there so having /war /drk can be a burden at times before the actual fight. But ya /war and /drk are hands down best for 90% of all HNM fights.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Oh, duh, forgot about ultima, but I'm always RNG/NIN for that so it slipped my mind.

If I need to, I've been able to kite corses all night long with THF/DRK and Refresh. /NIN is going to be better for kiting for obvious reasons, but I don't feel the need to rob myself of the fun part of the fight (trying to hit tiamat as hard as you can), when I can easily do both efficiently.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

God I hate the hidden counters from Tiamat, I sometimes have had to switch to THF for the end of the fight and usually come /WHM just being lazy. And a few times I almost died just running up engaging and TA+WS. There are other HNMs I'd prefer /NIN on though. Jailer of Temperance I'd recommend /NIN a lot. During Blunt mode and Optic Induration spam, I usually just hang on the other side of the kiting circle, so it pretty often hits enough tanks and melees with OI and their hate gets reset so I'm numero uno on the hate list. /NIN isn't bad on Fortitude just for the ghrahs, because they have random hate at times, but /RNG is better for the overall fight.

As far as daggers go, I use Blau/Behem. Knife+1. I'd probably use Sirocco Kukri if I had one, but I don't mind the Behemoth Knife+1. The dmg/delay isn't bad, and I always feel like I need more atk on thf. X's Knife wouldn't be a bad choice either. X/Blau would work pretty well if you ask me.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

well ive seen 1 x's knife, so that thing is almost a myth as far as i know. but i'd take it to if i could get it...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic
    ash dragon? dynamis lord?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Ash dragon ok, haven't touched that thing in a year or two, dynamis lord? wut? /WAR or /DRK so you can put out the most damage you can in the short time span you have to kill him. Again, THF is not my main, RNG is, and I can usually put out 8-10k damage in 5 shots in less than 30 seconds, so surely if I can survive as RNG/WAR, a THF can survive with the same sub.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Soma
    Then why don't people just try synthing Jambiya over and over again until they finally HQ one instead of camping months of Xolotl for P.Harpe? Jambiya +1's DPS is only 0.05 less than P.Harpe. Why do people even bother trying for P.Harpe if it's only 0.05 dmg/sec sacrifice?
    Jambiya synth uses Scintillant Ingot, which wasn't so bad of a price until the update with the new blu killer swords, kyuodogi, etc, which at least on Alexander have driven the ingot from 300k to 1.6m last I checked (a few weeks ago). Most of the demand is for the new blu swords, I think, but there's so much stuff now that uses that ingot it's just not even funny to think of trying to synth Jambiya+1's with em.