+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I wonder how many bullets it takes to remove the threat of a thrown video game controller. As anyone who's seen a Wii strap break knows, those things come with some force!

...I was trying to work on some sort of 6-axis related joke, but couldn't come up with anything.

It was a pretty good try, arch

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

please god may a mexican never ever attempt to impersonate me ever again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    I'm guessing police knocked, and knocked, and knocked, and the kid wouldn't get up to answer the door. So they bashed it in, at which point they see him, probably starting to rise from the couch where he was in a PS3 induced state of hypnosis, holding a black object in one hand.

Police assume it's a weapon, open fire, and the kids dog probly goes ballistic and attacks. So they shoot it too.
    This is what I'm thinking too.

You knock on the door and get no response, you have to assume the person you're after is trying something. You then see them with something in their hand and I'm not taking that chance, no way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I wonder what Jack Thompson would say about this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    You can shoot to wound, not kill just as easily.

Theres a big difference.
    I wouldn't exactly say that it's "easy" to shoot to wound. I've been shooting guns all my life and it's not easy to hit a moving target, especially something the size of an arm.

If you shoot a leg or shoulder or something there's no guarantee that they still can't pull a gun and shoot back.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Running in with guns blazing because the suspect might have a gun does not seem like good practice. Considering how many times innocent people (Yes, I know this guy wasn't, but neither was he armed) have been killed, you'd think it would slow them down. Instead they just wait and come back from their paid leave after the commotion dies down. Police also have the option to protect themselves, if it's hard for a trained officer to hit something like an arm or a leg on a moving target, then the same difficulty applies on the other side of the equation. Unless you also plan to expect all future suspects to be carrying guns and ammo that will penetrate vests.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    You can shoot to wound, not kill just as easily.

Theres a big difference.
    I wouldn't exactly say that it's "easy" to shoot to wound. I've been shooting guns all my life and it's not easy to hit a moving target, especially something the size of an arm.

If you shoot a leg or shoulder or something there's no guarantee that they still can't pull a gun and shoot back.
    It didn't sound like he was a moving target, at least not fleeing. The article said he was walking to open the door as they bashed it in and shot him dead.

I guess we can sue Sony for making the PS3 controller wireless too, since thats the reason he was able to keep the controller in his hand while answering the door.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    The first year i lived there over 600 bikes were stolen out of my complex.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../avatarlg2.png

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../avatarlg2.png
    Someone shop Ryko's head on the "nigga stole my bike" guy. Quick.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You never told me this story before LOL, and that quote is just all kinds of internet win.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow thats a good story. lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The guy beat the shit out of some kid, stole his six hundred dollar Ps3, ignored police orders to open the door, and arose with a black item in his hand...

How can you people possibly have the audacity to blame the police. Ridiculous, hes a violent criminal regardless of age.

Xavier

Shoot first, suspend w/ pay your officers for a few weeks later, doesn't seem like a great policy to me.

I'm not saying the kid didn't deserve to be severely punished, hes obviously a dangerious person, but killing an unarmed person is just too cold for me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's on him for not answering the door, or at least in a timely fashion. Granted, he was probably working on an eagle putt, it's still on him.

Or better yet, don't beat the fuck out of someone and steal a PS3.

In all seriousness, I agree completely with the post earlier that was along the lines: Police have abused their power and/or done horribly wrong things before, I wouldn't deny it, but this definately doesn't seem an example of that. They have to look out for their well-being, and in a way, I'm glad they did.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This is the part I don't get, he was on his way to answer the door when they bashed it in and shot him to death when he was unarmed. That isn't an example of something gone horribly wrong?

Xavier

So if someone accuses me of a crime and I'm slow to answer the door because I'm in the bathroom, I can expect the cops to fucking blow my brains out?

He wasn't even found guilty of anything yet. Thats a horrible precident to set that the cops can open fire for being slow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So if someone accuses me of a crime and I'm slow to answer the door because I'm in the bathroom, I can expect the cops to fucking blow my brains out?

He wasn't even found guilty of anything yet. Thats a horrible precident to set that the cops can open fire for being slow.
    If they say "open up, it's the cops" and you know you've done something against the law, you should probably open the door like this:

1) I am opening the door now officer
    2) -show right hand while door opens-
    3) -show left hand when door is opened-
    4) -slowly put hands up-
    4) -fire laser beams from ur eyes-
    5) -run away-

If you're innocent and, for the sake of the argument, were in the bathroom or something.. Came out of the bathroom and your door is busted down and you have your controller (cause who poops without their PS3 controllers nowadays?) which looks like a gun causing police to open fire. Then yeah you're dead and those cops were bad .

Anyways I can't say I know enough about what happened to comment on whether or not the cops were in the wrong, but can you really blame cops for shooting someone when they feel their life is threatened?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Taken out of context, that sounds kinda kinky...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast