Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ouryu is great for farming, Did a random pick up yesterday and went good, Killed it with 16.

Maldra

Quote Originally Posted by Syncere
    Gil not Gils...
    monies!*

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    + had only 7-9 BLMs LOL?trying to control summons

1) Tiamat- 1 hour gather, 56min kill
    The same LS claims those two things?
    Vrtra attempt was when we were out of practice, plus most of the group had never even fought Vrtra before since we'd needed to recruit new people after like 15-20 core members had left in the 8 month period between the last time we even foguht Vrtra. Plus its fairly difficult to control his summons now with a low number of BLMs and not much refresh for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    + had only 7-9 BLMs LOL?trying to control summons

1) Tiamat- 1 hour gather, 56min kill
    The same LS claims those two things?
    Vrtra attempt was when we were out of practice, plus most of the group had never even fought Vrtra before since we'd needed to recruit new people after like 15-20 core members had left in the 8 month period between the last time we even foguht Vrtra. Plus its fairly difficult to control his summons now with a low number of BLMs and not much refresh for them.
    I will admit its all about refresh (both ballad and refresh 24/7) than numbers. We've dealt with his summons with 6 really damn good BLMs. Just alternate, 3 kill one summon, rest, 3 kill next summon rest. Its really not that hard, no reason 3 BLMs, a BRD and 2 RDMs cant deal with a summon before the next pops, via gravity, stuns, lullaby etc.

I think 9 BLM is doable for Vrtra adds, our last kill way back had 11 in adds I think, BRD + RDM for each party, not even all BLM were 75.

They are still relatively easy to handle even with the claim system adjustment. 2 Assists alternating designated groups, they go down quick, just need competent RDMs to stick a gravity or bind on them so BLM don't have to worry about em running out of range before a nuke goes off.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    1. tiamat 45 min kill - 15 min gather tank with nin/drk. killed with as few as 14

2. vrtra 1.5 hour kill - 30-1hr to gather time kite with pld/war. killed with as few as 24

3. jorm 1.5 hour kill - 30-1hr gather time. tank with pld/nin/war nin/drk/war. killed with as few as 14
    Rule of thumb for Cerberus HNMls kill claims, double the number then add 5.
    so your ONE jorm kill with 40+ and your ONE vrtra kill with 50+ make you a professional on the topic eh fu

the details i gave were for the best outings we've had on those mobs

just cuz your fake LS needs 50 ppl to kill vrtra doesnt mean we all do
    Nigga please. Let's go back to the beggining of time when PM taught KoN and WW how to do things solo with less than 64.

I'm sure Jeryhn won't back you on that claim.

So take your knappy ass on back to the dollhouse little girl, before you find yourself in the hat trick of owned by yourself.

edit: And don't make me post links about you defending KoN/WW 64 man teamups for DL/Tiamat/Vrtra during the time we were posting PM vids of us soloing these mobs with far less.

Don't want to be embarrassed in front of your BG friends~

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

[quote=MF Perm]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MF Perm":766f6
    1. tiamat 45 min kill - 15 min gather tank with nin/drk. killed with as few as 14

2. vrtra 1.5 hour kill - 30-1hr to gather time kite with pld/war. killed with as few as 24

3. jorm 1.5 hour kill - 30-1hr gather time. tank with pld/nin/war nin/drk/war. killed with as few as 14
    so your ONE jorm kill with 40+ and your ONE vrtra kill with 50+ make you a professional on the topic eh fu

Nigga please. Let's go back to the beggining of time when PM taught KoN and WW how to do things solo with less than 64.

So take your knappy ass on back to the dollhouse little girl, before you find yourself in the hat trick of owned by yourself.

edit: And don't make me post links about you defending KoN/WW 64 man teamups for DL/Tiamat/Vrtra during the time we were posting PM vids of us soloing these mobs with far less.

Don't want to be embarrassed in front of your BG friends~[/quote:766f6]

i think we all know i dont have any friends on this forum so go ahead and post all your links from KI about me defending 64 player dynamis when DL wasnt being killed on a regular basis and everyone cross server was still finding the best ways to farm DL

fact remains that you are in an LS full of the biggest chumps of the server that couldnt make it into a better LS i.e. KON or WW... even bigger fact remains that you couldnt even participate in said events without using a character someone else leveled

ill say it again

grats on your ONE jorm kill
    grats on your ONE vrtra kill
    and ill ad grats on your ONE DL kill

thanks for teaching us how to do it

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You're saying you'd bring your 75 rng to Vrtra if you had access to a 75blm/72smn ?

Just out of curiousity, what makes a linkshell fake? What criteria would need to be met to differenciate a "real" linkshell from a "fake" linkshell?

I've seen this term tossed around before but I simply don't get how a linkshell can be fake while another isn't. Is this just some hip young ebonics term with a different meaning that I'm not familiar with because I'm just some old fart?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

[quote=takedown2]
    Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    Quote Originally Posted by "MF Perm":70e4f

Don't want to be embarrassed in front of your BG friends~
    i think we all know i dont have any friends on this forum so go ahead and post all your links from KI about me defending 64 player dynamis when DL wasnt being killed on a regular basis and everyone cross server was still finding the best ways to farm DL

fact remains that you are in an LS full of the biggest chumps of the server that couldnt make it into a better LS i.e. KON or WW... even bigger fact remains that you couldnt even participate in said events without using a character someone else leveled

ill say it again

grats on your ONE jorm kill
    grats on your ONE vrtra kill
    and ill ad grats on your ONE DL kill

thanks for teaching us how to do it[/quote:70e4f]

For some reason I think Takedown isn't really that great despite how he tries to make his LS sounds pwnage. I dunno, just my gut tho.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well according to KI, recently they've managed to wipe to 4 straight Tiamat's and wiped to back to back Kirins I believe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I just love Takedown. His constant backing of Botting and how "useless and unimportant" in the end-game was fucking classic.

lol @ wiping to Kirin, were they wiped and lost? or wiped and sac'ed til peeps unweakened?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

The CoP wyrms on Kujata are more like a fun "other thing to do" on Kujata, Tiamat is really the only worthwhile wyrm from Gaiters but you and me both know who goes into 12 year-old mode with GM calls if somebody touches their "Identity and Pride".
    i really dont care about ls war etc, but when u try to say fact try to get it right. that ls that u talk got jailed to claim timmy after an other ls wiped (after many attempS) the gm call come from your ls isi , maybe he talked to some of you too, but it wasnt because that ls, screenshot to prove it if u want ie talk to kaaren for that cuz the GM told him he got jailed by DB call. if u can prove that the GM lied ok i will lol with you.

for main topic if u lack of smn dont relay on blm, its not that great. drk/nin and mnk/drk do perfect when the wyrm land and then sam/thf for an extra 1000-1500dmg. same with war/thf

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WAT DID U SEY?????

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

yeah, you know english isnt main language for everyone, but iam pretty sure anyone on kujata did understand

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm terribly sorry that English isn't your main language, but DAMN. Put a little more effort in if you want anyone to take you seriously. I mean, I couldn't even read your post because I was distracted by the aura of stupidity surrounding it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    I'm terribly sorry that English isn't your main language, but DAMN. Put a little more effort in if you want anyone to take you seriously. I mean, I couldn't even read your post because I was distracted by the aura of stupidity surrounding it.
    You're an asshole.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The CoP Wyrms on Kujata are excatly that; a fun thing to do. The only worthwhile Wyrm everyone should be camping is Tiamat and Tiamat onry.

Back to the topic; What you need for all the Wyrms except Ouryu, is SMNs for the bulk of the dmg. I don't know how Ouryu is because I haven't done myself but Tiamat, Jormungand and Vrtra are all run like this.

You might be able to handle Vrtra's summons with 6 black mages takedown, but once you actually stop sucking enough to get him down to low health he starts to summon a shitload faster.

You're claim of 24 is laughable at best.. not to mention there are other mobs in the room besides Vrtra that need to be dealt with.

The main alliance doesn't have to be that big, and we have had wins with the people in it hovering 12-14, but we never skimped out on the black mage alliance and always had another exp party kill other shit.. thats 18+6, thats 24 people right there before you even touch Vrtra.

I should also mention that no Vrtra strategy is complete without planning for it to spike flail ~5%.. there isn't any way around it. In all of our kills there was only one time he didn't flail, and there were a few victories where he flailed more than once. That combined with his super summoning, lol @24.

Though I guess you could stun bot it like a lot of the original JPs did that killed Vrtra, but thats really gay.