Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    I guess if you sold gaiters, Tiamat would be profitable... but only RMT sell gaiters. There's no way everyone in your LS that can use them has them.
    If only RMT sell gaiters how did Hung get his? I've heard of a few BST LSs killing Tiamat and selling gaiters, I think Zigma did this?
    Didn't someone quit and sell them? That's basically RMT. And Hung.. lol...

Although Stellar would probably sell them to finance his Aegis, if you claimed any more Tiamats.
    Yea he would, just like he sold the pair on Vencint when Ven quit for 2 months and let Stellar have his account before coming back.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ninjaedit: By the way Epigram, if you're reading this, send me a PM.
    I'm going to set the record straight with you too.
    Jer, if you want to set something straight with me just say it. I don't check BG a whole lot, nor do I play the game much. All together I don't really give a shit.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sent you a PM then.

Edit: He deleted his account. Disregard the first PM and read the second.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I didn't delete anything. Neera admins the board, she must have.

Don't go making unfounded accusations to get attention, little girl.

New Merits
    BG Level

Ok, that's enough of your little emo bitchfest... Time to rerail this shit, well sorta...

We have allready discussed the convetional methods of damaging the wyrms. I'd like to ask your opinions on something that's a little bit more outside the box.

My first question is this. For Tiamat and Jormy, would it be possible to do a melee burn kirin style zerg rush while it's on the ground? With proper support i think it's possible...

Here is what I'm thinking. Main tanks are uber hate mongers such as NIN/BRD and/or BRD/NIN (I checked some of the resist builds out there and BRD can wear pretty much everything NIN can). With rock solid hate, just toss your melee at the wyrm's fat ass while it's on the ground. Abilities such as feint, angon, frightfull roar, perhaps even dia 3 could all be used strategically to weaken the mob's melee defence. Basically, the melee TP up on the wyrm and unload SA WS before it takes flight.

Once it's in the air, the melee all logout to reset hate (or simply step back out of AoE range if they still have TP) and are replaced by BLMs and RNGs in order to keep the damage output up and to counter regen. Note that BLUs can dps full time both on the ground and in the air. Once it enters the ~20% hp rage mode you could just setup a CS Stun order to counter the TP spam (it won't really spam that much more since you've been feeding it tp the whole fight anyways), wait for it to land and have your heavy melee (DRK, MNK, WAR and so on) unleash the fury!

I highly doubt this is the most efficient method of killing these HNM, but I think it would be something fun and exciting to attempt. I'm also willing to be you could down the wyrms much much more quickly in this manner.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sady
    Ok, that's enough of your little emo bitchfest... Time to rerail this shit, well sorta...

We have allready discussed the convetional methods of damaging the wyrms. I'd like to ask your opinions on something that's a little bit more outside the box.

My first question is this. For Tiamat and Jormy, would it be possible to do a melee burn kirin style zerg rush while it's on the ground? With proper support i think it's possible...

Here is what I'm thinking. Main tanks are uber hate mongers such as NIN/BRD and/or BRD/NIN (I checked some of the resist builds out there and BRD can wear pretty much everything NIN can). With rock solid hate, just toss your melee at the wyrm's fat ass while it's on the ground. Abilities such as feint, angon, frightfull roar, perhaps even dia 3 could all be used strategically to weaken the mob's melee defence. Basically, the melee TP up on the wyrm and unload SA WS before it takes flight.

Once it's in the air, the melee all logout to reset hate (or simply step back out of AoE range if they still have TP) and are replaced by BLMs and RNGs in order to keep the damage output up and to counter regen. Note that BLUs can dps full time both on the ground and in the air. Once it enters the ~20% hp rage mode you could just setup a CS Stun order to counter the TP spam (it won't really spam that much more since you've been feeding it tp the whole fight anyways), wait for it to land and have your heavy melee (DRK, MNK, WAR and so on) unleash the fury!

I highly doubt this is the most efficient method of killing these HNM, but I think it would be something fun and exciting to attempt. I'm also willing to be you could down the wyrms much much more quickly in this manner.
    Strategy theory and execution are worlds apart.

Try it out and let us know how it works ^_^b

Someone on a server where Tiamat isn't claimed within 15 mins of pop should try it, WAR has access to most of the fire resist gear NIN & PLD do, would be able to take almost 0 damage on the ground (teabag wing/double attack/breath) and minimal damage in the air, while dealing a large amount of damage (Jersey, WAR75 in Jeryhn's LS) was able to do back to back 600~ damage rampages with only berserk/aggressor, IIRC. It would be interesting to see, at the least.

PS hi fu

PPS come back and rebuild the pm empire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6