95 32.42%
  • Senj/Rai

15 5.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Ninja Endgame Katana Question

Unsho/Unji or Senj/Fudo or Senj/Unji or Senj/Rai Kunimitsu?

Just wondering as my NIN set is nearly complete and I'm just working on some of the more e-peen things right now...

Senji/Fudo ftw.

Major e-peen booster.

Groovebox

NIN isn't my first job, but it's 75 and I use Senji/Fudo --- as far as epeen goes, rarity/price > effectiveness maybe imo. With how cheap fudo is and the drop rate on Senji's... you are gimp without em lol.

I use Unji/Unsho, and honestly I don't even understand the concept behind using Senji/Fudo or Senji/Rai anymore, lol... Or at least as far as thinking it's the best combination (I know some people just do it because it's cheapest).

IMO the two best combos without a doubt would be Senji/Unji and Unji/Unsho, Fudo as an offhand weapon over Unji is basically useless. It ends up being 1.5% crit rate and 8 base damage (which means almost nothing in off-hand) vs +2STR/4DEX and ~11.5% Haste.

Although, the new HQ katana with 185 delay might be worth a shot as well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wheres the Kikoku option?

Edit: Just saw my new title, Oh how it fits.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

senj/fudo. i've outparsed all of the other combinations by a long shot even with people comparably equipped to me. lolkikouko

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Terra's Staff. j/k idk about ninja but that's what I see alot of Ninja using! Never checked to see what my ninjas wear when they can actually DD a mob we're killin. I'll ask my LS right now.

Edit: Verdict in, Senji/Unji ftmfw according to master Ninja :D.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for making this topic, was just wondering what I was gonna equip my Ninja with in a few more levels. Mainly S/F vs S/Unji because I can't afford a Unsho without breaking the bank.

Naver

I use Unsho/Unji myself, I love the speed personally. I've heard rumors though that the Crit+% on Senj/Fudo doesn't stack. That only the Main hand's weapon would get accounted for. But if this isn't true, then Senj/Rai would be the best Crit+% based dmg.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Its been tested by 1 person wearing same gear(aside from weps obviously) comparing dot, jin dmg, tp gain rate etc, and senj/fudo won by a pretty good margin, especially with the tp floor removed, senj/fudo clearly shines.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Its been tested by 1 person wearing same gear(aside from weps obviously) comparing dot, jin dmg, tp gain rate etc, and senj/fudo won by a pretty good margin, especially with the tp floor removed, senj/fudo clearly shines.
    Ive personally tested out Senj/Fudo and Senj/Unji and personally I got better results with Senj/Fudo. I just see so many damn NINs running around offhanding Unji's that it makes me question.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

The speed and lower hits (with a quite noticable difference in crit rate) of u/u vs senj/fudo doesnt help matters, especially with decent haste gear and haste spell/song in pt's, the gap gets closed between the delay difference to an almost unnoticed point, so you'll see bigger jin's and more crits which wins the parser.

Naver

Quote Originally Posted by Btight
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Ive personally tested out Senj/Fudo and Senj/Unji and personally I got better results with Senj/Fudo. I just see so many damn NINs running around offhanding Unji's that it makes me question.
    So, by assumption, the Critical hit %s stack? since that would make it: 6%/3% = 9% total? If this was the case why wouldn't Rai be better offhand since it's 5%, making the total 11%. Though Rai has 5 less base dmg over Fudo.

If the Adaman Hauberk thread arguing over colors can get 50 pages, I'm betting this one breaks like 1k.

Same as what was said above has been done by UU users and results have show UU to be the best, and just like the poster before I and others can claim to never be outdamaged using said katana combo. This debate has been going on forever, lol..

Oh, and the lowering of the TP floor doesn't matter, it's still just about the same number of swings to 100% TP. Which, also doesn't matter since no one WSs the exact second they break 100% TP every single time throughout a PT, when an attack round takes roughly 1-2 seconds.

In the end, it's a small difference anyway. They all have advantages and disadvantages, whatever you choose won't make or break you as much as other gear/merits/food choices would.

EDIT: As far as critical hit-rate goes, it only applies to the weapon it's on. Senji adds +3% to your overall critical hit-tate (+6% to one hand), and Fudo adds 1.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+3% to one hand). In the end, S/F gives you +4.5% to your critical hitrate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    If the Adaman Hauberk thread arguing over colors can get 50 pages, I'm betting this one breaks like 1k.

Same as what was said above has been done by UU users and results have show UU to be the best, and just like the poster before I and others can claim to never be outdamaged using said katana combo. This debate has been going on forever, lol..

Oh, and the lowering of the TP floor doesn't matter, it's still just about the same number of swings to 100% TP. Which, also doesn't matter since no one WSs the exact second they break 100% TP every single time throughout a PT, when an attack round takes roughly 1-2 seconds.

In the end, it's a small difference anyway. They all have advantages and disadvantages, whatever you choose won't make or break you as much as other gear/merits/food choices would.

EDIT: As far as critical hit-rate goes, it only applies to the weapon it's on. Senji adds +3% to your overall critical hit-tate (+6% to one hand), and Fudo adds 1.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+3% to one hand). In the end, S/F gives you +4.5% to your critical hitrate.
    if you want 6% crit, don't dual wield! just use senj main hand!

hur hur.

im not a nin personally but ive always seen senj/fudo from most of my friends whom are.

Old Merits
    BG Level

As far as critical hit-rate goes, it only applies to the weapon it's on. Senji adds +3% to your overall critical hit-tate (+6% to one hand), and Fudo adds 1.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+3% to one hand). In the end, S/F gives you +4.5% to your critical hitrate.

Quoted for truth, accuracy, and great justice.

And to for the Fudo offhand and 1.5% average, Keep in mind that only main hand counts towards Blade:Jin Modifiers. Offhand Fudo won't give you more crit-Jins.

Naver

Using this data then, wouldn't Senj/Rai be a better choice over Senj/Fudo? Since, after all, Fudo adds 1.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+3% to one hand), wouldn't Rai add 2.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+5% to one hand)? Totals being, +3% from Senji, +2.5% from Rai, giving S/R +5.5% overall critical hit-rate?

I wouldn't think that 1% crit rate makes up for the lower damage on Rai, personally.

As far as S/F vs S/U, I used S/U from 72-75 and for my first 15-16 merits, then sold the Unji and started using S/F. Just eyeballing, I can't tell the difference, other than more consistent Jins and hits with S/F, and a tiny decrease in swing speed. To be fair, while when I still cared, I did try to take into account the obvious increases I'd be getting in strength as my gear got better and I got more merits, I probably didn't do so completely accurately - but my gut tells me that without an Unsho or Kikoku, Unji just isn't worth it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    As far as critical hit-rate goes, it only applies to the weapon it's on. Senji adds +3% to your overall critical hit-tate (+6% to one hand), and Fudo adds 1.5% to your overall critical hit-rate (+3% to one hand). In the end, S/F gives you +4.5% to your critical hitrate.

Quoted for truth, accuracy, and great justice.

And to for the Fudo offhand and 1.5% average, Keep in mind that only main hand counts towards Blade:Jin Modifiers. Offhand Fudo won't give you more crit-Jins.
    offhand gets mods too....pretty sure of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast