BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Ascii map where?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI Ascii map where?

I've done some searches, I haven't found any good Ascii charts that work for ffxi, to get all the stars and crazy characters <.<;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

unless you run the JP version of ffxi(just download dictionary files), I know windower can type them if you put in the IME and type "kigou" in hiragana or katakana then hit spacebar.

Except typing JP onry characters on the NA version will get you suspended/banned if anyone calls a GM on you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well there's still some odd characters you can use alt+(3-4digits) to make, that are legit and won't get you banned. Are most of these the same as arial or something? or does it follow a different pattern?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems to me that English is on a different character set than japanese.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well, that's a good start, are there any extended characters on the ffxi font which aren't also listed on this type of chart? that would be legal to put in chat?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you use Windower macros, you can just copy and paste the characters into those macros (as well as Japanese characters). If you can find a list of all of those characters (the regular Japanese ones are much easier to find than the kigou), just copy and paste them into the text document for the macro.

okoru, kaomori, kaomoji, kigou
    Those should be the ones you mainly use for things such as smilies, etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

guess my goal with this thread was to find which off keyboard characters could be typed into ffxi w/o using ime/macros, so that assholes couldn't call gm on something i typed.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The ones that can be entered would really just be the normal characters on your keyboard and I believe the ones you can get through the Alt + number ascii (http://www.csun.edu/itr/guides/ascii-chart.html)

Though, I believe you can technically copy the Japanese ones on your clipboard and paste them into the game client without having the IME on your computer (as long as your Windows will display foreign characters) so, technically, any GM call is going to be really flimsy as that alone is not proof of using Windower + IME.[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by leviathanertai
    The ones that can be entered would really just be the normal characters on your keyboard and I believe the ones you can get through the Alt + number ascii (http://www.csun.edu/itr/guides/ascii-chart.html)

Though, I believe you can technically copy the Japanese ones on your clipboard and paste them into the game client without having the IME on your computer (as long as your Windows will display foreign characters) so, technically, any GM call is going to be really flimsy as that alone is not proof of using Windower + IME.[/url]
    Ummm, pretty sure you can't copy paste anything without windower. Even if you pre-coppied something into clipboard, hitting ctrl-v in the text line, almost asuredly won't paste the characters.

I'm sorry if I am wrong on this, as I have not played unwindowed for a long time, but I am 99% sure copy/paste in FFXI only came about post-windower.