The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)

Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)

Several new additions are in the works for December's version update. Here is a sample of what is in store:

Kamp Kweh

Kamp Kweh is a place where adventurers can bring their chocobos to interact with others, as well as view the conditions of the other participants' animals.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...099/1099_2.jpg

Chocobo Hot and Cold Game

Now, treasure-hungry adventurers from around Vana'diel can use their very own chocobos to hunt for buried loot in the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game. From chocobo digging pros to newcomers, this exciting new event has something for everyone!

How to Participate
    First speak to one of the VCS representatives stationed in Bastok, San d'Oria, or Windurst. After an explanation of the rules, the representative will give you a chocograph with the name of several areas on it, as well as a clump of Tandjana wildgrass, used to call your chocobo in the field.
    *Your chocobo must be registered before participating.
    *You must possess the maps of the areas listed on the chocographs.
    *After using a clump of Tandjana wildgrass, you must let your chocobo rest 24 hours before receiving a new one.

How to Play
    1. Use the Tandjana wildgrass in one of the areas designated on your chocograph.
    2. Once your chocobo arrives, your map will open and a marker (???) will indicate the general location of a hidden treasure coffer.
    3. Ride your chocobo to the vicinity of the marker and dig. Depending on the relative distance you are from the coffer, your chocobo will react differently.
    4. Your chocobo will tire after a certain number of digs. The game is over when you find the treasure or if your animal becomes too fatigued to dig anymore.

Chocobo Status

Several new chocobo statuses will be added in the next version update. Also, any status condition affecting your chocobo will be cured when it achieves its next state of growth.

New Statuses
    Two new beneficial statuses being added are "bursting with vitality" and "sparkling with intelligence." During these times, not only will training programs yield better results, but your chocobo will also be more receptive to physical and mental stimulation.

Chocobos in Love
    Previously, a chocobo being in love would only negatively affect the success rate of its training. However, with the next version update, this certain status will now sometimes benefit the chocobo.

Other Changes and Adjustments

Taking your Chocobo for a Walk
    When you take your chocobo for a walk, it may now find items for you.

New Abilities
    When obtained through a certain quest, the new ability known as "treasure finder" will improve your chocobo's chances of locating hidden coffers when playing the new Chocobo Hot and Cold Game.

Please God tell me that wasnt the only thing they're giving to us today.

Getting good, but I'm still not gonna bother raising one lol. Shame the racing is gonna suck, not being able to control it.

Getting good, but I'm still not gonna bother raising one lol. Shame the racing is gonna suck, not being able to control it.
    Shame the racing won't be a series of jackasses with their chocobos juuuust a little faster than yours, go go speed hacks.

I'm actually annoyed (with myself) over the update- real life has been making it impossible to properly raise my chocobo anymore.

Viewing area = goodness. You can now check the stats on that bird you're considering for breeding.

But making lovesick a possible status benefit? I needed some goddamned saltpeter for that horny bird until now.

Its like se is reading these boards and willingly not posting the information most people are curious about.

-Are there any job modifications planned?
    -Salvage?
    -Nyzul Isle?
    -End-game or Toau storyline?

Chocobo Raising gets so much attention throughout these updates and theres no love for npcs anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Man... Designing all this Chocobo crap has probably taken 50x the time it would have taken to give us what we want; a couple of tough HNMs with decent drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahuran
    Its like se is reading these boards and willingly not posting the information most people are curious about.

-Are there any job modifications planned?
    -Salvage?
    -Nyzul Isle?
    -End-game or Toau storyline?

Chocobo Raising gets so much attention throughout these updates and theres no love for npcs anymore.
    Of course not. This is an expansion update mainly- and you can't even summon NPC's in Al Zahbi. Yet. Did you actually see the incredibly obvious job adjustments post a few days back? Or the Salvage announcement?

Stop pissing in a bottle while F5'ing Playonline. We'll get extra details with the actual update, and odds are we're less than two weeks from that.

And yes, I think S-E does it specifically to torment people like you. Cause they're cruel bastards and all that.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Too bad nearly every chocobo is still yellow -_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Too bad I retired both of my chocobos.

that chocobo hot and cold thing sounds like the thing from FF9 lol

edit: oh and mine's black yay

New Merits
    BG Level

I wish they'd stop pussy footing around and talk about coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gares
    I wish they'd stop pussy footing around and talk about coliseum.
    i highly doubt it's gonna be this version update, cos they're behind schedule...they won't try to catch up, it's not like them

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    that chocobo hot and cold thing sounds like the thing from FF9 lol

edit: oh and mine's black yay
    It is.

Haven't gone to see my chocobo for like 3 months. It'll be a 5 hour fucking cutscene if I ever go back to the stables.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Holy goddamn this update is nose-diving fast into a pit of no one cares. There had better be some more GOOD update notes soon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Holy goddamn this update is nose-diving fast into a pit of no one cares. There had better be some more GOOD update notes soon.
    We got Xmas event TBA, Salvage notes, and already job updates announced. All we need is new items we can use, new NMs or hell, a new area n TOA missions n we'll be set

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Maybe they're just trying to convince us that we're not missing anything if we spend the holidays with family and friends, and not playing FFXI.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Chocobo Raising Changes and Additions (12/07/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Other Changes and Adjustments

Taking your Chocobo for a Walk
    When you take your chocobo for a walk, it may now find items for you.
    "Hantileon: What, your Chocobo found a bottle of distilled water? That's fantastic! You must be proud."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This patch has no appeal to me as of yet...

Job modifications that don't matter...
    HNMs in besieged...
    Chocobo minigame...

WTF is that Coloseum or whatever?
    Storyline!?
    GEAR!!1? O_O

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i didn't even bother clicking the update when i logged in this morning to read it. what a fucking bore this chocobo shit is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast