Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sarashi or Swift belt.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sarashi or Swift belt.

My THF has 22% haste and 1 dual wield(supa). I have heard that a certain combonation of haste + dual wield enchancements is better then just stacking up on mostly one. So I was wondering would 18% haste and 2 dual wield enchancements be "faster?" well thats my newb question D:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sarashi is horrible, it's 1% delay reduction.

Swift is far better.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Oh that I did not know lol, thanks :D!

Old Merits
    BG Level

lolsarashi

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Doesn't haste from gear cap at 20% anyways?

Old Merits
    BG Level

25%

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What's about that haste belt? It cap at 25% with other magic?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Sarashi also reduces TP gain, countering the point of having haste gears.

enchantment haste belt you referring to kaylia? wiki lists it as stacking with everthing else (spell, equip).
    "This Haste effect does stack with both Haste and March, and does not count toward the Gear-Haste cap."

i don't know what % it gives though, or if the effect remains when unequipped... HMM? if the effect needs the item to remain equipped, it's still good, there's not much for waist slot at that lv.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Haste belt is 10% haste. It gives a second Haste icon in your status bar, so I'm assuming it's magical Haste, but I haven't tested it. Magical haste for attack speed isn't capped at 25%, so it's pretty hot.

The recast on it is about the same as Utsusemi: Ichi and it gives an annoying 'cannot cast this or that' for a few seconds after use. You can't unequip it after you use it and still keep the Haste status.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe Nny stated a while ago on KI forum that Haste belt had a 10% Haste that's considered spell and stacks with the actual Haste spell. The belt has a job barrier though? Wasn't it War/Drk/Pld or something like that?

But... assuming you have 5 head 5 legs and 4 feet 4 hands then you'd bust whatever barrier you would have had by using a Swift/Speed belt for sure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SassiAsura
    I believe Nny stated a while ago on KI forum that Haste belt had a 10% Haste that's considered spell and stacks with the actual Haste spell. The belt has a job barrier though? Wasn't it War/Drk/Pld or something like that?

But... assuming you have 5 head 5 legs and 4 feet 4 hands then you'd bust whatever barrier you would have had by using a Swift/Speed belt for sure.
    The belt is War/Drk/Pld, it lasts about the same time as a Haste Spell, but I cannot confirm that it stacks with Haste.

I use it occasionally soloing to have fun, but I could get a friend to cast Haste on me and use the belt to check it out.

Naver

Nny is forever an immortal god to FFXI. And yes he's from Kupo on Pandy. ^^

From vague recollections of discussions with Nny during a merit party he was using Haste Belt in, the Haste is vastly superior to swift/speed belt even disregarding equipment caps. I seem to remember he said the haste from the enchant is 10%? Edit: 5am, and I completely missed the fact that you said it was 10% Anyway, I'm pretty sure thats right

The obvious downsides are no Warwolf for WS, slight delay during usage, and limited charges leading to inventory issues Not to mention, they arent exactly common I think?