Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Then next time they claim, spider time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merona
    if you get flailed because you did not use blockaid, it is about as much your fault for not using the protection the game has given you as it is the fault of the LS that is trying to MPK you.

it's harsh but that is the sad reality. when blockaid was first implemented, if you made a GM call for small-time MPK they just blamed you for not using it half the time. But at a HNM camp, they will jail people trying to out-right MPK you. why not avoid the whole process and just use blockaid?

remember also that it takes but one idiot in your linkshell to not use blockaid to ruin it for everyone. the MPK'ing LS -will- find that one person and they will exploit them. and it is no one's fault but theirs.
    GG not reading the OP.

He's talking about the add party needing to not have /blockaid on so that they can be invited to main ally if/when they claim.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    If you're unable to manage your alliance and stay alive, you shouldn't be camping.
    once those outside claimers are in they should have blockaid on. often in the hectic scramble to get that person in, they are invited then just stand there or get in position asap instead of using blockaid first.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

if you get flailed because you did not use blockaid, it is about as much your fault for not using the protection the game has given you as it is the fault of the LS that is trying to MPK you.
    This is faulty logic. By this, I should wear a suit of armor to prevent a stabbing in the line at MickeyDs.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    If you're unable to manage your alliance and stay alive, you shouldn't be camping.
    once those outside claimers are in they should have blockaid on. often in the hectic scramble to get that person in, they are invited then just stand there or get in position asap instead of using blockaid first.
    Yeah, and it takes time to actually send the invite, time that can be used to drop a cure. All someone needs to do is get on the hate list for the mob. Then they can do whatever they want to generate hate, doesn't have to be cures on the claiming alliance.

I'm not implicating Karasu in any fashion Merona. I just was curious about current end-game ethics across the servers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah
    This is faulty logic. By this, I should wear a suit of armor to prevent a stabbing in the line at MickeyDs.
    I don't know where you come from, but the McDonald's near me are far safer than the Dragon's Aery where we play FFXI.

I didn't assume you were implying my shell lol we have no problems with Particle and we don't try to MPK other linkshells either.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Go play WoW if you want a carebear game. I could care less how your LS died, be it you were MPKed, sucked at life, etc...

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Go play WoW if you want a carebear game. I could care less how your LS died, be it you were MPKed, sucked at life, etc...
    I lol'ed at you.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

I didn't assume you were implying my shell lol we have no problems with Particle and we don't try to MPK other linkshells either.
    This is much appreciated =) We don't make habit out of fucking with other shells either, but Hampty can die

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Dibs on your fries if you get stabbed.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Careful Aodh, that isn't ketchup on those fries

Edit: Fuck this dragon ><

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I'd give it back to the original LS but furthermore how does it happen more than once? People get jailed for that shit, put in the fucking calls and start getting people canned for that bullshit.
    I agree with Rukenshin.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

If it makes you feel any better, I think we only got A. Hands off the Fafnir in question.

EDIT: Do you remember, was it 11/18 Faf?

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    If it makes you feel any better, I think we only got A. Hands off the Fafnir in question.
    Not you guys Bagel =) That wasn't the only time those doods fuck with us.

Also, I refuse to keep looking at your sig Bagel :3

Not sure Ba... goddammit taru your sig again >< This thing with us and them has been happening off and on for a couple of months. They MPKed us at a couple of Fafnirs during Oct-Nov. We didn't get anything but dragon parts and beard off our last Nid though ; ; Also, it was NOT the Fafnir where you got your Ridill, I know that much. That one was Karasu fair and square, and grats on the sword.

Edit again: Also, I'm not bitching, or trying to say which is the right thing to do, because I don't know. I mean, there is fair, and then there is fair, amirite? I'm just trying to gage the current end-game ethics, since they change so much. All it takes to ruin amicable end-game ethics is a shell like Hampty's, Titan players will know what I mean. Yeah, fact was, we got flailed because an outside claimer got cured. Our fault, I know this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's another ethics question:

If I see an anon solo RDM/WAR in Aery, is it unethical of me to send him a /pcmd add right at pop?

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Here's another ethics question:

If I see an anon solo RDM/WAR in Aery, is it unethical of me to send him a /pcmd add right at pop?
    That is a very good question. Though how you would know his subjob if he were /anon is beyond me. Ethics are a sticky thing

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

At one point in this game, I was against any form of mpk, stealing or w/e. But seriously, it's more fun to watch when there is mpk, stealing and flail. I don't care if I'm the target or a spectator, but I just wish it would happen more often.

I'm not a drama whore, but anything to break the routine of 3h camp + 15minutes kill is fine.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

depends how good your relationship is with the shell that is getting mpk'd, and if there's rmt near by. Usually rmt in hnm area clears all caring about ethics.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    But seriously, it's more fun to watch when there is mpk, stealing and flail. I don't care if I'm the target or just a spectator, but I just wish it would happen more often.
    Most enjoyable Faf fight in recent memory was fighting him while another LS was kind enough to mazurka kite him for us.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Careful Aodh, that isn't ketchup on those fries

Edit: Fuck this dragon ><
    Melchiah at McDonalds.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...XI/SafeMcD.jpg