Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Ethics question about HNM MPK

Ok, so I just want to know what the general consensus is, since it seems to change with the wind, or the advent of shady shells showing up to king camps. So, the question is: Your shell witnesses another get a legitimate claim on Fafnir, and a third shell then begins the process to MPK. Let us assume for the sake of argument that this Fafnir is claimed with an outside claimer who cannot readily put /blockaid up because he will need to accept a party invite. So the third shell successfully wipes both themselves and the group that had the original claim on Fafnir, leaving your shell the only other group present at the camp. Having witnessed this, do you cherry pick the mob for yourselves or try to hand it back to the group that won it in the first place?

See, this keeps happening, and it's always the same shell that cherry picks us after we get MPKed. I'm just curious as to what the general consensus is on HNM camp ethics, or more realistically, are there ethics?

If you're unable to manage your alliance and stay alive, you shouldn't be camping.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If you wipe it's over, stop wiping.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I'd give it back to the original LS but furthermore how does it happen more than once? People get jailed for that shit, put in the fucking calls and start getting people canned for that bullshit.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Take it for yourself. Let the bad blood stay between the other two linkshells.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Seems like taking it for yourself creates bad blood between all three.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    but furthermore how does it happen more than once? People get jailed for that shit, put in the fucking calls and start getting people canned for that bullshit.
    You've never been to Remora

New Merits
    BG Level

Nidhogg popped the other day and a 2-person party claimed it and died then my LS took claim. We then randomed with the other LS there that we are friendly with, we lost and had to give it up. It was hard to have to escape when Nidhogg is red to your party, but I figure it's fair especially since the LS we randomed with had helped us kill an Aspid that popped 15min before server down awhile ago. This is JP time..

NA time is full of shit-talking etc and randoms never take place between NA shells. It's just a vokefest when a LS is wiping.

23 years old

BG Level

Luckily. Nah but seriously sounds to me that the shell getting fucked with needs to sack up and start jailing or flailing. We typically don't like resorting to that shit but after a couple repeated attempts we stomped the shit out of this LS in response like 3 days in a row, never happened again.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'd give it back to the original LS but furthermore how does it happen more than once? People get jailed for that shit, put in the fucking calls and start getting people canned for that bullshit.
    I agree with Rukenshin.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    If you're unable to manage your alliance and stay alive, you shouldn't be camping.
    We only have this problem with one other shell fucking with us after we claim. We keep a pretty amicable working relationship with the rest of the shells. I don't like the implication you've made, as it implies a slight to our ability. We generally carry a more than sufficient amount of people to camps, it's how we manage the number of claims that we do. The lion's share of the last set of NA Nidhogg kills went to my shell. We aren't morons. When we have 5-6 outside claimers, they can't have /blockaid up until after we invite them into the kill alliance and this makes them prime targets for a source of hate generation when assholes decide to MPK us. I don't see a solution to that, as it's pretty easy for a shell who consistently tries to MPK us to pick out our outside claimers and cure bomb them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Depends who it happens to. If you're on good terms with the linkshell who got mpk'd, I would hold it til they were ready and gave it back to them.

However...if the linkshell getting mpk'd is constantly at it with your shell (SD VS Osiris, on Gilgamesh) just kill it 8)

sack up and start jailing or flailing
    You sir, have quite a way with words.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Seems like taking it for yourself creates bad blood between all three.
    I don't see why it would or should. People don't go to the Dragon's Aery to give Fafnir to other people. You might as well take it for yourself and get the drops you want while the other two linkshells feud over it.

This is assuming, of course, that the linkshell that would take the NM after the other two wipe starts getting MPkd or whatever. Not enough info has been given really.

23 years old

BG Level

sack up and start jailing or flailing
    You sir, have quite a way with words.
    It's the rap

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

brb, window ><

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah
    We only have this problem with one other shell fucking with us after we claim.
    Then you need to either resolve your differences with the other shell, or do as Ryko suggests.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

brb, window ><
    I blame the implementation of titles for posts like these. ^

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

We only have this problem with one other shell fucking with us after we claim.
    Then you need to either resolve your differences with the other shell, or do as Ryko suggests.
    Last time this happened, we GMed them the minute they started. 20 min later the GM responds. Made sure to tell us how sorry he was that this happened to us. That was about it.

Edit: I was intending to edit that post ><

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

if you get flailed because you did not use blockaid, it is about as much your fault for not using the protection the game has given you as it is the fault of the LS that is trying to MPK you.

it's harsh but that is the sad reality. when blockaid was first implemented, if you made a GM call for small-time MPK they just blamed you for not using it half the time. But at a HNM camp, they will jail people trying to out-right MPK you. why not avoid the whole process and just use blockaid?

remember also that it takes but one idiot in your linkshell to not use blockaid to ruin it for everyone. the MPK'ing LS -will- find that one person and they will exploit them. and it is no one's fault but theirs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast